main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG SW Collectors' Hangout

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Toys 'R' Us/TRU
    -Marina Square
    -Forum
    -Tampines
    -United Square

Hourstor
    -Clark Quay
    Website
    Action City
    -Hereen #05-K2/K3
    -Bugis
    Website

The Falcon Hanger
    -Far East Plaza #04-104 and #04-102b Tel: (65) 235 2390
    -Katong Katong Shopping Centre #02-47 Tel: (65) 348 5530
    Website

Toy Link
    -Serene Centre #02-16 Tel: 64697477

Ultimate Toys & Collectibles
    -Midpoint Orchard #03-03 Tel: 68361826
    Website

Toyworkz
    -Far East Plaza #03

Simply Toys
    -Far East Plaza #03-138 Tel: 67364438

Alaric's Collections
    -Hereen #05-K1 Tel: 65-6235-8201
    Website

Virus Collectible
    -Clark Quay???
    Website

Comic Asylum
    -Orchard MRT Station #B1-14 (Inside Popular)
    -Lucky Plaza #02-17
    Website

Comic Connection
    -Northpoint
    -Jurong Point
    -Causeway Point
    etc etc

Add on their addresses or more hangouts if you have them! ;)

2. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    I think our friends at www.forbiddenfrontiers.com has quite a comprehensive list of addresses there.

You can also catch some of my collection at their gallery :)

3. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Ben's Site is MIA for now. Contacted Ben to ask if it's some hickup or he had removed it for some revamping. ;)

He stop updating the site more than a month ago too, I think.

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah, I've also been going back there regularly to see if it's up but there's always a blank page

[face_blank] :D

5. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    I think he's too busy training his "young Jedi padawan" LOL!!! I used to rely on his site for all the lobangs around town. I do agree that updating is a chore sometimes. *sign* time is the essence.

6. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    I strongly recommend Toys Link at Serene Centre. They are selling at very cheap prices. And also coz the boss and my father are friends. For those who have not get the latest waves, visit there they are selling at $15.50 each. Incredible. If u are only getting one or two figures forget it, it's not wirth ur time travelling there.

Virus Collectibles: They are always one of the first to receive new shipments. If u are the one who cant wait to buy them and pay more, buy from them. But my advice is wait and be patient, coz more will appear in a week or two time.

NB:Did I post on the correct thread?

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, you did! :)

I'll post about getting to some of these places later.

Hmm, the @^%$*^ shop at Pacific Plaza closed down, right? Or is he still scrapling people off?

8. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Nope, don't worry it's gone :D

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    No wonder I heard some people saying he was last heard at SGH. :p

10. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    What about this guy? Tell me more...

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    He sold his collectibles, especially SW at cut throat prices. :(

Examples:
    -Singapore's TPM Anakin Podracing Pepsi $80
    (Standard Price now US$5, actual SGD5 in 1999 last day of caps-pull ring exchange)

-Watto's Taco Bell Topper $50(?)

-3 3/4" POTF2 Action Figures $30++ (ya I know that's how much it cost if you personally order it from US through Jawas Trader but he's a shop with ongoing wholeseller link!).

He used to be at Lucky Plaza but later moved to Pacific Plaza for a bigger shop. Frankly, I only go to his shop at Pacific to see see and not buy anything at all. Especially at that time when I got a good link with the gal who used to work at Ultimate Toys & Collectibles (I used to be able to reserve stuffs there or pay in instalments :p ).

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Let me have the honour of giving the worst example:

- TPM Adi Gallia for $150!

What's worse, I was there when the shopkeeper was trying to sell it to this working adult. Sheeesh :)

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Like the article in Project Eyeball said, it only cater to filthy rich tourists. But I think his main income then was from the comics and CCG cards. [face_plain]

Ya, the article was also the one which introduce me to TFH and reminded me that that shop I went to at Clark Quay with Maul Statue is Hourstor. :p

14. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Ai yoh, what irony... PROJECT EYEBALL also CLOSED DOWN LIAO! ;)

15. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Houstor in CQ not neccessary sell things cheaply, esp EP1 and POTF figurines. Can anyone confirm that with me?

16. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    I would call Hourstor the typical "Retail" outlet who sells the current figures at "Retail" price. But for harder to find pieces like Dooku, Yoda and some others, they tend to go to the $20 mark. Clonetrooper are sold there at $19.9 and it has not seen a lot of movement. This shows that Singapore collectors are beginning to practice patience. A classic example will be Chewy and Han... They are everywhere now.

As for the old POTF to POTJ figs, they usually sells at $20 up. But I've seen Final Duel Maul POTJ tri-logo card going under $20. So, it depends how much you think a figure is worth - discontinued figures I mean. For all current SAGA figs, no matter how hard to find they are - they are still worth NOT MORE than $17.9, hehe.

I like to buy SW figs in no particular shop but at Clark Quay Flea market on Sundays. This is the place to get good price SW figs be it carded or loose.

17. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Thanx. but those at flea market usually sells more than $15? BTW, how much are u willing to pay for a figurine be it rare or common?

18. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    That's a very wide question tmingyang. To me, the most desire figure I want now is :

1. FF Ishi Tib
    2. FF Zuckuss

I have seen both selling at VIRUS but they are like $45 each. That is just too much for a 3.75" figure be it I REALLY REALLY REALLY want them badly.

I would gladly pay not more than $25 for each. That should be a fair price.

I would like to reiterate, how valuable or worth a figure is is in the eye of the buyer. I have seen a fella paying US$200+ for a then yet to be release Kamino Escape Jango Fett...

Now for the usual figures you stated.
    Take SAGA line for example, figures like :

1. Obi-Wan coruscant chase
    2. Anakin Peasant disguise
    3. Jar-Jar Binks Senator
    4. Capt Typho

These in my eyes are worth less than $10. Unless they are down to about $8, I would consider buying it.

Hope these answers your questions :)

19. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Some interesting information I read from the other board. It concerns how to differentiate between collections 1,2 & 3 in the old POTF2 green carded figures, here goes the explaination :

Back in '95 Star Wars figures were released under 1 collection number. As the line became successful the range was expanded and eventually encompassed a second collection to allow retailers greater flexibility in ordering stock to fill market needs. Roll on '97 and with the re-release of the movies the toy line became a huge seller. So large in fact that it necessitated the creation of a third collection.

As part of the transition to three collections some figure were re-allocated from one collection to another. Previously a collection number didn't mean a whole lot in reference to the character. With three collections figures were divided up into relevent groups.

Collection 1 became Heroes
    Collection 2 became Aliens and non-affiliated parties
    Collection 3 was villains

At least, that was the plan. After a while it became apparent to Hasbro that some collections were weaker than others so towards the end of the green cards and freeze frame lines the lines became blurred and characters pretty much appeared without reason.

Some figures that changed collection numbers may be more sought after depending on the number change. The reason being that they were only released in that collection for a short period of time. For instance, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Weequay, Grand Moff Tarkin and Ponda Baba were all released in Collection 2 for a very short period of time. Then the Rebel Fleet Trooper went to Collection 1 and the others went to Collection 3. The earlier collection 2 cards are more sought after because they were not around for long and less exist.

So there you have it. Figures that appeared in different Collection groups weren't a mistake or error, they were just caught up in development changes that Hasbro made to help out retailers. Some are a little more desirable than others but not significantly so Have fun trading!

20. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    TOYWorkz Website:

http://www.toyworkz.com.sg/

21. JediGenX

JediGenX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I saw this so called life size Lego Yoda at Simply Toys on Wednesday. Very cool you know.

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Anyone been to SPHERE TOYS at Mandarin Hotel Shopping Arcade, #03-17? Any feedbacks and what're the kind of stuffs they sell there?

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - They sell lots of those military 12" soldiers, but there is some SW of course. Not many, and prices are quite high..not a good recommendation for SW stuff~ :)

24. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey Jazz, I was at Millenia Walk about 2 Sundays back, and I saw this shop there which also sells those 12" military dolls and lots of different detailed accessories for them - looked quite good to my untrained eyes - haha! :p
    Nothing on Star Wars though.....

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! As soon as I can convince Padme to let me put Maul's hands into hot water, I gonna get him more better clothes! :p

PADME: Nooooooooo!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.