main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG SW Collectors' Hangout

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    JediJean - Heh yeah I think I saw that shop once before when I went there to have dinner once. ;)

2. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    The shop at MILLENIA WALK is called TIME MACHINE STUDIO. They are the distributor of DRAGON 12" Action figure in Singapore and that brand is what we 12" military enthusiast sticks to and this shop is making a raving business. They control the price and decides who to have the goods... they somehow control the market here and are not too popular too with local collectors & dealers alike... no SW stuffs though :D

SPHERE's owner is a friend of mine and their core business is making (and selling) those 12" Military dioramas. Not cheap though and I wonder if there is a market here. Those SW stuffs you saw are not theirs but consigned goods from other collectors - who set those prices. VIRUS used to have a small corner there but somehow, their partnership fell apart - to what reasons I dun know - hence SW stuffs are not too dominant there as before.

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Apparently, Alaric's Collection is moving to Orchard Cineleisure very soon.

Come Late August we will be shifting to Cineleisure Orchard. Located on the 3rd Floor

Why do I sense Action City may be expanding its area soon?

Anyhow, this reminded me; anyone knows what happened to that Collectors' Shop that moved from Bras Basah to Orchard Cineleisure many, many years ago (back in 1997) and disappeared within a year (I can't find it when I visited OC in late 1997 to early 1998)?

And anyone got any recommandations or infos on any of the Collectors'/Comic Shop over at Bras Basah Complex?

4. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Oh yeah! I remembered!

It was not soo long ago... this shop moved from slumpy Bras Basah to posh (newly opened somemore) Cineleisure! The shop was BIG! Got elevated sections for Star Wars somemore! Everyone thought it was here to say... and it was in the PRIME shopping spot of Orchard Rd!

Then dunno what happened... it CLOSED! I used to get my Star Wars Insiders there. When it was at Bras Basah... I got like ALL my POWER OF THE FORCE there too! Then Hourstor came... well, that's a story for a diff day!

Now, Action City really expand...

Hourstor did its homework... they first captured those at CQ... and the Flea Mkt really help. Even though those scalpers were selling at INCREDIBLE prices... they kept to retail prices when no retailers here wanna get NEW Star Wars (you know why no one buy the retailers' Star Wars?? Because their goods come in SOOO LATE) retaining cost leadership. But of coz, the economic crisis did hit them... they had to leased the other half to this Jap T Shirt shop next door...

I hope Hourstor will continue to sell at RETAIL stores. Really adding VALUES to the customers!

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    By the time I went to visit the shop, I see an empty glass wall shop with the windows all covered with some kind of posters and the security not know what I'm talking about. :( The area had been taken over by that Food Stand now, I guess, cause I remember the popcorn stand being at the current TV area some years ago.

6. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Wah... seems I have been following Star Wars for SOOO LONG.. keke! :D

Well, like the chinese saying goes:

If the old ones never go, the new ones will not come!

LOL!

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Latest new posted for subscribers to TFH Mailing List:

----- Original Message -----
    To: <hangar_news@yahoogroups.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 4:17 PM
    Subject: [hangar_news] New Hangar Franchise Opening!
    >
    > Hi all,
    >
    > The Falcon's Hangar is pleased our latest store located at Bukit Timah
    > Plaza. Members who live in the area now have your own neighbourhood store to
    > go to.
    >
    > This is our first fully franchised outlet and will be run by our associates
    > Bernard and Alex.
    >
    > Address of the new store as follows:
    >
    > The Falcon's Hangar P/L
    > 1 Jalan Anak Bukit
    > #01-01L Bukit Timah Plaza
    > Singapore 588996
    >
    > To mark the opening of the new store, we will be organising another Hangar
    > sale at the new outlet this Sat, 7 Sep from 1pm.
    >
    > There will be lots of itmes especially Star Wars on sale. Members who have
    > been to our past sales at Far East, Parklane, Katong etc know what to expect
    > :)
    >
    > As an added bonus to all members, every $20 purchase during the sale gets
    > you an addition POTJ figure, FREE!
    >
    > We will email list of items available tomorrow/Thu once they are
    > consolidated.
    >
    > See all this Sat, cheers!
    >
    > Roy
    > www.tfh.com.sg

Darn! And Bukit Timah Plaza is "barely" a bus stop away from my school (has to walk a bit though). :p

8. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    I believe they are from Virus Collectibles.

9. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    So farrrrr.......

Bukit Timah......

AIYOYO!!!!!!

10. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I don't mind it as long as the price is reasonable. Cool they're really from Virus Collectibles.

11. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Hi all, after nearly 4 years of selling toys followed by establishing VIRUS.collectibles in 2000, we have taken the next step forward. We have joined up with The Falcon's Hangar Pte Ltd (Far East Plaza) as associates and will be running their new franchise outlet at Bukit Timah Plaza #01-01L (Next to Mambo Billiards) The Grand Opening is this Saturday and to commemorate this event we together with our new associates are holding a Hangar sale with a big majority of star wars items. Expect bargains and rare items up for grabs. We will be combining our mailing list with theirs so for those who do not wish to be included pls kindly e-mail us so that we will not do so. The sale list will be sent on Wed/Thu as we are still finalising the items. Sale is THIS SAT 1PM at Bukit Timah Plaza outlet. Hope to see all of you there and thanks for your support over the years. This would not have been possible without you guys/gals.

Yours Sincerely
    Bernard Kang and Alex Soon
    VIRUS.collectibles

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    An old news about Simply Toys I just saw today on their ML:

Come November, Simply Toys will be opening its 2nd outlet at Far East Plaza #01-26/28 (old Metro level). cut cut

13. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Anyone stayed at the West side or frequent Jurong Point and also collect SW merchandise?

14. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    aiyoh... i pass by Jurong Pt EVERYDAY!!!! on my way back from NTU mah!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.