main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW EPII quick review on costumes (w/ plot spoilers)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Nostradamus, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I wonder if someone could do that.

2. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I think Luminara and Bariss are really interesting looking characters and would make nice costumes to have...but I looked all over for Bariss among the survivors at the end of the battle scene...and she's missing. Is she dead? Anyone know?

3. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    My girlfriend and I both noticed that also.

4. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    There's a thread about the wedding dress here.

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Iycis, I watch AOTC 5 times already since previous Sat and I still can't find her. :( Guess she is a goner. :_|

6. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    As sad as it is I think Bariss and Luminara are both goners which is a shame because I really liked those two characters. :(

7. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Actually, we did pick out Luminara in the final circle of survivors in the arena. Whenther she made it through the final battle is anybody's guess.

8. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Thanks for the info everyone. I guess I'm not the only one who noticed it.

9. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Not really a costume, but I want a life-size Taun We for my house. I couldn't tell you why, but I LOVED her! Strangely soothing.

I actually am gonna attempt to make a Taun We costume. How I am gonna achieve this, i have no idea.

As for Barris and Luminara, Barris died in the areana Battle. Luminara was one of the surviving 14, but then her ship went down and she died.

Man why did they have to kill all the female Jedi?

10. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    I also loved Taun We...
    It is so funny, while I had read the book, and knew what was going to happen-when I wwas watching it in the theatre, I was making mental notes of fabrics, trims, things common from other films, etc.
    I loved how they aged Palpatine, and are beginning to give him traces of the look from ROTJ.
    I also loved Count Dooku-did anyone notice his jacket under the cape? It is styled just like the Imperial officers from the older movies...pockets and all.
    The wedding dress is ivory Ferdalump...
    My favorite costumes so far from this movie are the handmaiden gown that had the cloak piece in back that was dip dyed in like three colors...I beleive violet/maroon at the top, yellow or light green in the middle, and ice blue at the bottom-it was stunning.
    For the men I loved Dooku's outfit. Very royal looking. For Padme-the nightgown and robe-I also saw it at CII...the robe fabric is stunning in iridescent violets and blues.
    I also liked the violet, antique gold and olive green travel gown like Nostradamus made for Quincy.
    The battle outfit I don't really care for-I liked it in the beginning, but I think the way it "ripped" in the battle was a bit chauvanistic.(sp?) It just happened to bear her midriff, and there were no bras anywhere in the galaxy?
    I thought the Tusken Raider scene was awesome. That and the scene after where he is crying really echoed what is to come.
    I am also in love with Zam Wasell's costume-as is my husband...he he He thinks she is hotter than Padme...but he does lean a bit torwards the dark side...
    Yoda did kick butt-our theatre was going nuts!
    I am just waiting for more reference material to come out-high res pics to attempt one of these costumes...

11. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Oh, I loved Taun We's skirt. Definately something I want to make at some point, evven if I make just that of her costume. And I wish that they had showed more of the female Jedi, especially during the battle. I think the Visual Dictionary showed more of their clothing than appeared on screen, except for Luminara and Barris. :(

12. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    I too loved Taun We, especially the costume. I also might make the skirt and shirt part of it in the future.

13. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    Does anyone know where I can see a good pic of the Queen J handmaiden gown-the one with the dip dyeing in the back? I am in love with it and need reference material...noone else knows what I am talking about...everyone noticed Corde and Dorme...and noone glanced at the queen's handmaidens! Tell me I am not crazy...and I did see this gown!

14. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    QS- You are not crazy I did see the dress you're talking about. I didn't notice it until I just saw the movie for the 4th time and it was soooooo crowded I had to sit on the front row--you'd be amazed at how details pop out when you sit that close :)
    I was thinking to myself how pretty a costume to be seen for such a tiny amount of time by a minor character. The ombre dye job was in greens and purples I think and looked kinda like petals. REALLY STUNNING and dramatic. Haven't seen a picture-but will keep my eyes peeled for you.

15. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    How do you know Luminara was on the ship that went down? We looked everytime to see who was on that gunship and we never could tell. Besides that, there were Jedi in the ground battle that were on her ship, so I think it was just a ship full of clone troopers that went down.

16. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    The handmaiden gown was in purples and yellow-greens....and then an icy blue at the bottom..yummy

17. someoneplzhelpme

someoneplzhelpme Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2000
    i actually didn't take notice of them, although i've only seen the movie 4 times. sounds like a rainbow popsicle! =P

18. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    I guess it is actually an advisor...I cannot find a good pic anywhere...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.