main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG SW Magazines To Look Out For

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Borders is now selling the SW-filled Empire magazine.

The TIME magazine with Yoda on the cover has been takem off the shelves already (in Borders), replaced by the latest issue. Maybe if you try mamak shops they may still have the Yoda TIME.

2. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    The YODA cover Time magazine is STILL available at Kino Liang Court!

3. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    bobafett81, is there only ONE of you, or is there an army of clones of you?

You seem to be everywhere in Singapore at the same time! [face_shocked]

I vote you SW Detective Of The Year. [face_mischief]

4. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Well, me clearing my NS leave now... so a little bit TOO MUCH time.. hehe!

Anyway, I hope to be doing a community service to all you people here! Save you all your precious time mah...

I know when Episode III comes, I'll be having my Yr 3 Exams in NTU, so no time by then... Episode I came when I'm in my A Levels year... so this is my 1st and last time to induldge in this CRAZINESS!!! Oooo I juz LOVE IT!!!!!

5. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey Bobafett, u're just like me, I'm having my A levels this year but getting caught up in the AOTC madness! :D. Which also means that I'll be free when Ep3 comes out.. Yay~!

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Guys, do you remember the 8 Days Magazine No. 606 (Men We Love Cover with POD AOTC Pamplet)?

Well, today I discovered there are 2 different Pampletes; One is Anakin & OB1 with Zam on the other side; other Anakin, Mace, Padme & OB1 with Dooku, Jango and Zam on the other.

Tomorrow morning last chance to get it if interested. ;)

7. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I saw an advertisement for ELLE magazine on TV; seems like it has a section to do with clothes and AOTC...

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Must get it! :D

Anyway, I heard the AOTC Visual Dictionary is now available at Borders and a few dollars cheaper than at Sunny Bookstore due to the discount Borders is giving. ;)

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    20% discount? If it is, I'm there :D

How about the Art Of SW? Seen it anywhere?

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    It's at Borders too but can't remember if the 20-30% discount sticker was on it. ;)

11. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    It is there as well Jazz on the first casher counter shelf. Have to ask them for it.

12. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    The Episode II, I and OT Visual Dic are available at ALL POPULAR BOOKSTORES! Popular also has the Cross Section (Episode II and OT) and Worlds of Episode I too!

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Luke - How much is the Art of SW at Borders?

I think other bookshops like Time, MPH and Popular have the Worlds of Episode One (Or something like that) :D

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Btw, is the latest issue of SW Insider out yet? :)

15. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm looking for the Episode II: Incredible Cross Sections book published by Dorling Kindersley (DK), does anyone know where exactly I can get it from?
    Pls PM me, thanks! :)

16. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Jazz - sorry i am not sure about the price.

17. Winbros

Winbros Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002

Hi all

Incredible Cross Sections for Ep2 and SW still available at MPH Shenton Way. Also the Visual Dictionary for Ep2, Ep1 and 1 copy of SWVD.

Also out is a red A4 size booklet (S$10 or so) featuring the cast and crew of Ep2 in same MPH - 3 copies left....... The full Jedi Apprentice Set also available at MPH Shenton.......

Sigh, good time to be SW fan, bad time to be SW Fan's Wallet..... ;p

Take care all......

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    is the latest issue of SW Insider out yet? I've only been checking quite sporadically, so not very sure when it's suppose to come out.

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I finally gotten AOTC Visual Dictonary ($28.39) and Scrapbook ($12.80) at Borders. Am gonna stare at Zam Wesell till my eyes pop out! :p

Borders also got The Art Of AOTC but it seems there is no 20-30% Discount tag on it so you have to pay the full $61+ price tag. The AOTC Cross Section also got the 20% discount while novel 30%.

20. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I was at Kinokuniya at Liang Court today, and guess what I saw??

The Art of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (Paperback Version), selling for $49.96 each.

As for magazines.....

1) Galaxie (1 - 15 Jun 2002 issue):

This issue has Star Wars posters inside it, just like in the previous issue, but this time it's the good guys posters.

2) Screen (Jul 2002 issue):

This is a Japanese mag, dunno how many of you collect these Japanese mags, but this issue contains a Star Wars article that's 16 pgs long, including some nice pictures.

3) RoadShow (Jul 2002 issue):

This is another Japanese mag, with Natalie Portman on the cover, plus a 12 page-long Star Wars article inside. For those of you who may be Hayden Christensen fans, this issue also includes 3 extra pages on Hayden Christensen's other movie "Life As A House".

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Ahh..I must go get that Galaxie mag! :)

Btw, just to inform everybody, Kino's hardcover Art Of SW: AOTC is going for $59, just 10 more than the paperback (which I feel is worth it) ;)

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    It seems MAD Magazine is at it again for AOTC. Notice that they had released another 2 cover art for their AOTC related magazine. Get them now if interested! :D

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha I remember having a MAD mag on SW last time, but now I think it's gone (as in thrown away :D). Maybe if I have money then I'll buy this one

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Which cover was it? OT ones or TPM ones? :D

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I think it was the TPM one..I remember it was very funny :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.