main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I think Kit looks the best so far. I would get him in a heartbeat, but I really only want to get one of these 12 inchers, and I think I'll wait for someone a bit more special.

2. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    I'll pass on Kit. I already pre-ordered Obi-Wan, so I'm happy for now. :)

3. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    i just dont have the money for these now. i'm working on too many other lines. now...once they release a character i really want/like then i'll make sure to pick that one up. so far there hasnt been anything too desirable. IMO, anyways.

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm holding off on Kit as well, as I already pre-ordered Obi-Wan. Now, if they come out with Quinlan Vos...I'm all over that LOL

5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    A metal Battledroid head!? Now that's just too cool. Pity they couldn't include the rest of the battledroid. :)

6. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Why didn't it come with a Threepio head?

Will Sideshow ever start doing droids like Threepio or Artoo? I'd get an Artoo before I'd get Anakin.

7. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I had my exclusive version ordered at 10:01am! By far the easiest preorder so far, yet it was sold out in about 25 minutes!! Most impressive!

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2002
    There were only 1,250 of the exclusive versions. He's awesome, I can't wait for him to arrive. I sorta wish they'd now go darkside so my wallet will get a break this summer from forking over money to them :p

9. Pancrase

Pancrase Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2001
    Kit Fisto figure looks so good. It makes it hard to resist.

10. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Considering they have now got 4 jedi available I think they should do some bad guys.

11. DisneyGal126

DisneyGal126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2005
    I think they should do the females :D

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm betting the next figure will be female, one way of the other, whether it's our Snowbunny Padme or a female Jedi, we'll have to wait and see...

Sideshow's good about producing female figures to go with the males.

13. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    If the next Jedi is female, I would LOVE for it to be Luminara Unduli. She has a great costume and would go well with Hasbro's Barriss Offee.

I'd also like to see some Padme dolls, whether or not they start with the Snowbunny outfit.

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne FF manager Celebrations star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    A Luminara figure would be tough on me, I'm not too fond of the character but I love Bariss and is still on the hunt for the the Hasbor Bariss and Shaak Ti, and I'd love a Luminara to go with them.

15. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I do not know how International shipping is handled there, but WalMart currently has both <A HREF="http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3661147">Shaak Ti</A> and <A HREF="http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3661148">Barriss Offee</A> in stock.

16. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    So about how long until they reveal the next 12" Jedi? Is Luke shipping yet?

Am I asking too many questions? :p

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think Luke ships in March. Still waiting to hear who the next figure will be, my guess is word will come in the next couple of weeks.

18. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    they've been announcing them pretty quickly. faster than i expected.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I know, and my wallet's going to start complaining about it too :p

I'm hoping that if they do another Jedi it will be a female this time around. I'm also praying and hoping that once they get into the Bad Guys that we get a Zam Wessel who's actually worthy of looking like her, unlike that travesty that Hasbro produced.

20. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Has there been any word that they're planning on doing anything beyond the Jedi Order collection?

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    There are 4 categories of figures that they're going to be putting figures in - basically good guys non-Jedi/ Bad guys non-Empire/Sith (I think) and then Bad Guys Sith to go w/ Jedi Knights.

So who knows when they'll start creating stuff for the other categories rather than just the Jedi.

22. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    That opens up the playing field a great deal. :D

23. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Starting tomorrow, Hyperspace members get a [link=http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/news20060123.html]second chance[/link] at the 12" Luke, Anakin, and Obi-Wan figures.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    You had me scurrying to see what the 21" figures were :p

Already got them all, but good news for folks who weren't quick enough to score Luke (who sold out the fastest of them all.)

25. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Oops! Fixed!

How fast did the Luke exclusive sell out? I was zoned that day and didn't even realize he was going up for sale until I stopped in here after work and quickly snatched the regular version.