main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm on the waiting list for Luke over at Sideshow. Should I cancel the order and hop onto SWshop?

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'd probably order on SWShop.com and then cancel your order on Sideshow...just to be on the safe side ;)

3. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Arrgh! I can't find the offer over at the SW shop. :(

4. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    me neither! :(

5. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    would you rather see a palpatine figure or sidious? as far as look i mean...

6. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    That's a good question. If it were "nice guy" Palpy, I'd like to see him in what he wore when we first see him in ROTS. "Post-damaged" Palpy, the robe he wore in the Senate. At the top of the list would be ROTJ Emperor, though. :D

7. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    yea, rotj would be awesome, but was refering more to rots time.

8. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    The Luke sold out in about 2 hours if I remeber correctly. I don't think the ones hyperspace is offering are the exclusives so if anybody is on the wait list for those they better not cancel.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'd pass on a ROTJ Emperor or a post-transfiguration ROTS one just because I have the talking Hasbro Emperor and only so much room for more 12" bad guy figures.

Now, if they did a pre-transfiguration figure, I'd love to have one w/ him wearing the red gown from the scene where Anakin figures out that he's a Sith Lord. I saw that costume in person at the FIDM exhibit and it's just GORGEOUS.

I do have to say that after seeing how beautifully they did Kit, I would be willing to buy a Bossk from them (don't have the Hasbro version.)

10. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Just as an update. Luke and Anakin are long gone over on SWShop, but there are apparently still some Obi-wans available.

11. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    I came home early from work to find Obi Wan has slipped from my reach again! :_|
    ~Is it sold out when they say there is an 'error' on the SW Shop website? I'm guessing it is...

12. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Here is a direct link to Obi-Wan. I am not a Hyperspace member, so I have no idea if it's still available.

13. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks for the link Jedi_Riibu but it looks like he has sold out with the others.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I guess they must've only had VERY limited numbers of them, sorry that you all missed your chance to pick one up :(

At least they will likely show up on ebay when they're released. So what do people think will happen to the value on these?

Usually most of the regular Sideshow figures have that the regular editions drop to $30-40 and the exclusive editions hold their prices or go up.

Again, that's NORMALLY what happens. STAR WARS is a different animal though in collecting terms. Fans are rabid and have been clammoring for high quality, yet not uber expensive *cough*Medicom*cough* 12" figures. Currently the pre-release prices for these on ebay is around $100. Do you think they'll maintain that when they come out, or go lower?

Which figures will be the most sought after? Which ones will be easier to get? Which will be the best investments?

15. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I've got my Anakin and Obi-wan. I would have liked to pick up Luke over at SW Shop, but it wasn't there all morning and just appeared while I was at lunch so I missed it.

I have no interest in spending $50 on Kit Fisto.

16. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    will they make a storm/clone trooper?

17. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    They've got to eventually. The fans will demand it. But from what I understand it's a lot harder to manufacture the armor and helmets than it is to sew together Jedi Robes. :(

18. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Well out of the first 4 the two tough ones will be Kit and Luke at least for the exclusives since there are 500 less than for Anakin and Obi.

19. DisneyGal126

DisneyGal126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2005
    I would love to see the following:

Padme:

Ep I:
    A better Red Invastion gown
    Coruscant Kimono
    The Parade Gown
    Ep II:
    Senate Gown
    The senate gown that was deleted from the movie
    The packing gown
    Family cloak
    Lake gown
    Picnic gown
    Battle costume
    Ep III:
    Blue Cloak
    Steel Blue nightgown
    Green Velvet Gown
    Sleevless Outfit
    Water Gown

Others:
    Leia Bespin
    Aayla Secura
    Zam Wessel

Granted I know I won't get all those Padme's! But I think the the Sleevless Outfit, The Blue Cloak, Lake Gown, Battle Costume, and Coruscant Kimono are realistic possibilities.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    There's an important thing to note with Sideshow, they're NOT Mattel. The few times that they've tried to create figures with rooted hair, the actual production models of the figures look much worse than the prototypes. The heads end up giant (ala Hasbro Padme) and the rooting lines look terrible.

That being said, for any and all Padme figures, expect that the only ones that we might see will be ones where they can accurately sculpt their heads to include the hair. That should rule out any Padme figures w/ long flowing hair - aka Meadow gown, nightgowns (which I wouldn't expect them to do anyways - not exactly "action" oriented) or her wedding gown. I'm also doubtful that they'd do Queen Amidala's w/ giant headdresses. Also, we probably won't get an Endor Celebration Leia for the same reason.

On a personal note, I hope they don't do a TPM Senate plea gown doll since Hasbro did do a lovely job w/ their portrait edition version of that same outfit. I hope they select something that Hasbro didn't get around to.

I could see that any from this list can become possibilities:

TPM:

Padme Peasant outfit
    Padme pre-senate chamber Kimono outfit ([face_praying])
    Take back Theed outfit
    End Celebration gown...maybe

AOTC:

Padme Pilot outfit
    Packing Scene
    First Kiss Rainbow gown
    Chancellor Chamber outfit
    Fireplace scene...maybe?
    White jumpsuit

ROTS:

I'm Pregnant buns outfit
    Choking outfit [face_plain]

Now they could always surprise me, I guess it'll all depend on how fast/well that snowbunny Padme sells and how she ends up looking as a completed product before we see if other Padme's will be made.

As for Bespin Pantsuit Leia, I know that they're aware that fans want her made but she might not be their first Leia to do.

I actually expect Aayla to be the next figure to be available for sale.

21. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    PLJ, I think your list of Padmé possibilities sounds very realistic. I mostly hope that they do not make an AOTC white battle costume version of her. Or her ROTS choke outfit. Anything that's a dress will be most welcome.

If the next available doll is another Jedi then I hope it's Aayla. I want a girl! :)

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I certainly want them to wait on the white jumpsuit also considering we're getting the white snowbunny outfit this year.

23. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    <- I'd love to see them make the one in my icon. I have the Battle of Naboo Padme Hasbro did and I love it. I think Sideshow can only improve it. -But I'll take any Padme's they do.:)

24. Gul-Dak-Herann

Gul-Dak-Herann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    Oh yeh, gurls r nice!1![face_mischief]
    <Specially that one

25. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I'd be surprised to learn Aayala wasn't somewhere on their short list.