main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    a friend of mine let me know today (so I wouldn't buy it myself) that they bought Hoth Leia for me and that it would be in on Monday. I was like no way, it's wait listed on website, they said they got it off of Ebay! So I am all excited, though they have explained they are wrapping it and it goes under the tree, no no open till Christmas Day!!! UGH!!

2. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Congrats @cathiecat she is a beatiful figure!

I am not sure what the best website is to use to upload pics of Sith Ani but I did make him my avatar.

cathiecat likes this.
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Hot toys is doing a new Deluxe Luke from RotJ. It's got four different head sculpts, Jaba's palace wear, endorsed wear, and the sandstorm wear from the deleted scenes, plus other accessories, for 282. I'll be ordering him with my next check!

DarthJaceus likes this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's awesome! You'll love her!

Guh, seriously what are you doing Hot Toys? I have 2 Lukes on pre-order and I just bought a Luke from them. I really want one for my Endor display, which I know will work w/ this set. Plus side I guess over time I could buy out the stuff to make multiple Lukes since you get 4 heads w/ this set.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got my Kylo - will take him out of box on the weekend. I'm buried under trying to update/post-process nearly 2000 photos from my trip to Montana last week.

Still on the fence if I'm going to order that Luke or not. A part of me just wants to hunt for the head/hat/poncho after he comes out and put them on my ROTJ Luke. It would be cheaper to just buy the parts. I have 3 high-end ROTJ Lukes, not sure I need a 4th.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I wasn't in the mood to photograph Kylo because I'm still working on my vacation photos - will probably do so next month when I get my TLJ Leia, ESB Darth Vader, and (hopefully) TLJ Island Luke. I had to bend Ben's legs and pose him like he's fighting because he's too tall for the shelf I wanted to put him on. Figure looks good. I'll try to get him photograhed after the holidays. I realized w/ my 3 figures coming up on their last payments next month I'm down to 5 Hot Toys pre-orders. I still can't decide if I want that Deluxe Luke or not. I think I'd rather wait and see if they announce a Padme.

7. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Is there a body difference or accessory difference between the Star Wars figures and say the Marvel ones? The reason I'm asking is because I see the Marvel ones taken apart and sold on ebay for parts. I accidentally pulled Anakin's boot too hard and it detached from the foot with the foot stuck inside with no way to get it out. There is no zipper or velcro on the boots in order to safely remove them without leaving the foot inside.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Call my guys at Toy Anxiety in Phoenix they take figures apart to sell the parts, they take apart all Hot Toys figures and sell them online. They can tell you which figures would have bodies that are the same size as Anakin if they don't have an Anakin body available for sale (their prices aren't bad. I've bought girl Hot Toys bodies from them for doing my kit bashing dolls.) The Hot Toys bodies are what they are...they're not cheap but they'll have authentic ones. They actually have the True Type bodies - ask them if any of those are the same size as Anakin. If not let them know what you're looking for and they can probably order one for you, it's not like they can't rip an Anakin apart and sell the other parts off.

They also might just be able to talk to you on how to repair yours or they could do it for you. Just call them, they know all about 1/6 scale figures.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Call my guys at Toy Anxiety in Phoenix they take figures apart to sell the parts, they take apart all Hot Toys figures and sell them online. They can tell you which figures would have bodies that are the same size as Anakin if they don't have an Anakin body available for sale (their prices aren't bad. I've bought girl Hot Toys bodies from them for doing my kit bashing dolls.) The Hot Toys bodies are what they are...they're not cheap but they'll have authentic ones. They actually have the True Type bodies - ask them if any of those are the same size as Anakin. If not let them know what you're looking for and they can probably order one for you, it's not like they can't rip an Anakin apart and sell the other parts off.

They also might just be able to talk to you on how to repair yours or they could do it for you. Just call them, they know all about 1/6 scale figures.

10. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    If anyone is interested today Sideshow has an offer on their 2 packs of Clones - you can get a free 1/6th scale R2-D2 when you buy them.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Just got notification that Obi-Wan (ROTS) is about to start charging for my pre-order of him. This means I'll have 4 payments hitting this month - 3 this next paycheck. Blehhhh...Only good news is I have 3 figures that will be shipping this month - I've got TLJ Leia, ESB Darth Vader, and Island Luke TLJ. So then I'll be starting w/ just one figure (for now) in Feb that I'll be paying payments on and won't have more starting to charge until April and May.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  13. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Did you get an email? I haven't heard anything about my Obi Wan pre order charging.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yes I got the email, it doesn't look like they shifted my dates, so I'm basically paying for a whole Hot Toys figure this pay period w/ the 3 payment plans coming in right now. Grrrr.

15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    You can ask for a month delay on your payment I think, so the† might help if you can still do it.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I tried, I think I missed the cutoff. It's OK I'm working like mad to put stuff up on ebay. I should make enough money to help cover my payments and/or to help w/ bills. I haven't put Barbies up in eons.

Gamma626 likes this.
  17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well they got back to me, they changed the bill dates to the 20th for Obi-Wan....starting next month :( On the plus side my ESB Cloud City Darth Vader is on his way!

wobbits likes this.
  18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Hot Toys just revealed the Orson Krennic 6th scale fig.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    He looks good. I don't need him, but he looks good.

I wonder if this means Cassian will be coming soon.

20. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Thinking about selling some of my hot toys. Anyone know a good place to sell them?

Cassian would be very welcome!

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Unfortunately we don't allow buying or selling here, but our sister site Rebelscum has a forum section for Sideshow Classifieds. You have to register to post but it's free.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Gamma626 likes this.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Hot Toys Darth Vader showed up today!

First impressions - his box was HEAVY. Figure himself is heavy. The base is heavy once you put batteries in it. Figure comes w/ removable helmet, large base, 2 lightsaber blades, one hilt, arm w/ lightup hilt, and several other hands.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The detailing on his breast plate is impressive complete w/ wording on it. He's got heavy, heavy robes. When his robe is thrown around his shoulders, the figure just looks amazing.
    [​IMG]
    The base is really easy to assemble and takes AAA batteries to light up 2 tiny lights on it. His belt items need batteries but you need the worlds TINIEST screwdriver to take off the battery plates. The arm isn't too bad to get the batteries in so long as you have a small screwdriver. I am personally terrified to try to remove the arms on my Hot Toys figures so I never use the light up lightsaber options.
    [​IMG]
    Figure is MOST impressive. He stands easily on his own. My Vader had issues trying to get his left hand to go on, but he looks great. Skull behind the helmet is screen realistic, but having the helmet come on and off means that his helmet is a little loose and can flop around.
    [​IMG]

Overall - I'm over the moon happy, he's impressive to look at. I didn't bother trying to pose him much since I knew how I wanted him posed, figure is just fantastic.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Darth and Luke facing off

[​IMG]

My shelf updated

[​IMG]

Also I know I haven't done glam photos of him yet - but here's Ben Solo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    He looks amazing! Congrats!!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got my Luke Skywalker Deluxe Ahch-To figure. The detailing is amazing. He came w/ so many tiny items. My only complaint is they gave me a Porg who is exactly the same as one of the 2 that came w/ Rey...but oh well, they all look cute together.

Photos will be coming, probably tonight.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.