main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I tried to get someone to sell me their Numa also and it never happened.

I think if enough people make a big enough fuss, they might do it.

I got notification that my Deluxe Mando/Grogu shipped and will be here tomorrow! (Insert happy dance!)

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Star Wars week on Sideshow was very good to me. My points came in for Jabba and I ended up w/ over $100 in SS points. I also had 2 $25 coupons, one I could apply to anything the other to a limited number of items. So I put ROS Kylo on pre-order since they redid his face and the final sculpt looks great. Second I put a Sideshow C-3PO on pre-order. Both of those I'll get this summer.

This is the final updated sculpt for Kylo... Sooooo much better than the proto-type.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I had purchased this amazing print from Sideshow of Leia. It's on the way to me.

Here are the production photos of Rey - I think the face itself is OK the issue is they needed to lower her hairline down slightly and made it a bit softer. Result, she looks kind of harsh. When she's wearing the training helmet you can see that she looks fine. I also didn't realize she's going to have seamless arms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Yeah that’s a super intense expression. She looks more like she’s supposed to be the villain than Kylo does when comparing their expressions lol. Not bad sculpts though, just an odd choice.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  6. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    If it wasn't Clone Wars armor I'd be tempted.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well here's a "the more you know" - if you cancel a pre-order (which I did w/ my Gold Wonder Woman - I needed the moola now) and you had applied SS points to it - they give you the SS points back.

I got all confused looking at my reward total on where these extra points came from on 7/26. I knew didn't have enough points from a couple of figures that just came in to total that amount and I didn't participate in anything for SS's ComicCon. Checked the time stamp - same time I cancelled my order. So Woot! $21 back to my account to put onto something else later this year.

Of course you don't get your NRD back, but at least they give you the points back.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    wobbits and cathiecat like this.
  8. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017

Hot Toys just previewed the Mandalorian version of Luke!

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I love the figure - but man, I have like 4 ROTJ higher end Luke figures. If he was in a different outfit other than the cape I might consider it. I was thinking I'd put my ROTJ Hot Toys Luke w/ my Mando set up whenever I get around to it; his cape is brown but I don't care. Standard version is $285, deluxe is $330. I have an extra Grogu that came w/ my Mando/Grogu set that I can use also. Background piece is cool though.

He does have the googly moving eyes feature. I love that on my Bespin Luke 2 pack. *Sigh. I have 4 figures that are coming down to final payments, will wait, if I can save up like $100 to take off of him, I might pull the trigger.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Thanks for the tip:)

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Rey and Kylo are showing up today - Rey/D-O is here, waiting now for Fed Ex to drop off Kylo/Ben.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    New Ahsoka (The Mandalorian) statue from Iron Studios will be released for pre-order on Sideshow Collectibles.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That's really nice.

Apparently the General Grievous 1/6 scale figures are coming out. They're brittle, falling apart, and have bad seams showing. People are not happy. If you ordered one be careful with it - Sideshow has been accepting returns like mad.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I’ve taken a few years off from Star Wars 1/6th scale stuff. Looking to make some orders soon though…

16. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2019
    This Grievous "refresh" by Sideshow is shameful. I never thought a revised edition could be even worse than the 2014 version, and yet they have the temerity to charge 285 dollars for this? Hot Toys should take a stab at Grievous.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I've seen online al of the problems with the Grievous figure. It's too bad. But you know when you outsource production and don't have full control over quality control... you get this sort of thing.

Sideshow's figures are always more fragile than Hot Toys. The only real exception is my Jabba. But Skiff Guard Lando - his accessories are really delicate.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  20. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Motherhubbard. They fricking did it. They made a head sculpt for Koska Reeves. I just absolutely dived in and pre-ordered it. No regrets. I'm also a Sasha Banks fan and this is probably going to be best sculpt of her ever in figure or toy form. Had to put money down for it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  22. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Yeah it looks amazing

23. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    That Obi-Wan is excellent!

24. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    One more payment left on the Clone Wars Anakin basic (no STAP). I hope he ships on time.

I wonder how much longer it's going to be before we get any info on his starfighter.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    who knows. I'm not holding my breath. Rebels Ahsoka keeps getting pushed back. I just got my Lando. I got the Ani with STAP on order. I think I'm either done or nearly done paying him. I have Bo-Katan and Snow pilot Luke that I'm currently paying on. Ahsoka and Grogu will start soon.

I think I have 5 figures that are in final payment holding pattern. Pandemic is still wrecking havoc with overseas orders. Production is back on track now with Chinese New Year being over.

Still waiting for Padme to go on pre order :(

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    cathiecat and Jedi Knight88 like this.