main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** SW Spaghetti Social - Aug 25th ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Aug 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    The Toronto Line Star Wars Spaghetti Social
    August 25th, 2001

Summer?s run it?s course and everyone?s soon to head to their assorted corners of the earth for schooling, work and other miscellaneous drudgeries. But not before we have a chance for one last hoot-nanny.

The final weekend of August is the big Hobbystar media con. Some of us will be attending the show on the Saturday. At 1:30, there will be an informal gathering by the registration area. If you?re at the show, be sure to swing by and say hello!

After the convention comes the main attraction, as we will be travelling en mass over to the Old Spaghetti Factory for some of the best pasta and spumoni that the city has to offer.

Directly across Front street from the Metro Convention Centre is Simcoe Park. We will begin to gather here at 4 p.m. At 6 p.m. we will cross back over Front Street to wait by the doors of the convention centre and siphon up other members of the group. We will wait until a quarter after to catch any stragglers, and then begin the short walk to the Spaghetti Factory. If all goes well, we will be seated at our tables for 7pm.

All are welcome to join us for this last hurrah to summer. Please RSVP by posting in this thread or emailing tragiclad@sympatico.ca You don?t need to rsvp to attend ? and if you just happen to be in the neighbourhood, you?re more than welcome to join us ? but the more accurate numbers we have to give to restaurant management, the sooner we can get seated.

So to recap:
    Where & When (attending SFX):
    Metro Toronto Convention Centre, in the con's registration area at 1:30 pm.

(not attending or post SFX):
    Simcoe Park at 4pm - moving directly to the main entrance of the Convention Centre at 6pm

Final Destination:
    Old Spaghetti Factory, 54 The Esplanade, for 7pm.

See you there!

**I only wanted the links..**

2. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Better tahn 75% chance on SFX, better than 50% chance on Spaghetti :)

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I'll be there!!!!!!!

I'll let you know the total number of Y.J.N. members next week.

Thanks for the invite!

4. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    I'm there. i think depends on cash flow I'm gone to Dragoncon on my b-day.

5. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    "mamma mia"

Unless I deep fry my hand, I am going to be able to make it. I'll be the one that nobody knows. lol

6. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll be there for sure.

7. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

I'll be there, if I don't wind up going to Edgefest II. I'm quite partial to CCOTW ["Crazy Crap On The Walls"] restaurants. :D

8. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    I may or may not be there, depending on cash flow at the time. Cash has this tendency to flow -away- from me...bad cash! ;)

Cris~

9. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Bad, bad cash. I hate it when it flows away.

I should also mention that I won't be at SFX, just hanging around with Tragic and anyone else during the day and then the dinner.

10. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

heyyyy.. that's me & Debbie in-costume in the spaghetti-social header-picture! :D

11. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    Hmmm... dinner, eh?

12. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well I'll be at SFX for sure on Sat so
    i don't see why I can't slurp back spagetti with the rest of you afterwards!

Gotta pass it by the light of my life :) but i think we'll be there!

13. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The light of your life -- Thomas Edison? Tara's not going to be happy, Ken.

I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not, I'll find out after I post this.

I'll be going to the dinner and quite possibly SFX on the Saturday. There are 4 Star Wars actors who I'd like to meet and say hello to and cough up some of my dough for there autographs.

Although, admission + autographs + dinner, it could get expensive.

In conclusion, at the very least I will be at the dinner.

Now to find out if I already said all this here...

14. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    I think you did, I'll check after I post this.

15. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey ho,
    I will be there for both. As it seems there will be far fewer of us actually going inside to SFX I have a feeling we will be arriving closer to sixish so we can get our money's worth. Hopefully the autographs wont be too expensive. Kenny Baker would give you an autograph for five bucks if you came with an item you wanted to sign. It was only more if you wanted to buy his pictures.

16. krax_13

krax_13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2001
    I'll be there for the dinner for sure.. don't know about the con though.

-Joseph

17. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    I think the CDN garrison that will be showing up are leaning towards ditching the masquerade and going to the spaghetti social. :p

Who's going to the con? We'll try and meet up so that we can sync our efforts? :p

I don't think we'll be difficult to recognize. :p

18. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    Well, almost all the members of YJN who were invited to the dinner were planning on going to the masquerade. Is there a way to delay the dinner until the masquerade is over?

I know Chris will discuss this with TragicLad.

19. SLam

SLam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    From what I remembered, the masquerade runs pretty long, a few hours I think?

A possibility would be to suck some spag' and then head back to see the rest of the masquerade.

20. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    Or when it's over they could come and eat while we have coffee and dessert. The masquerade starts at 6PM and we wont get seated at the restaurant until 7PM. Who knows how long it will take to get served. As long as the masquarade doesn't go on for hours I'm sure they'll have no problem finding us.

21. avatar

May 27, 1999
    Uhm...just to clarify...I should be included in the Cdn garrison group...at least I think so... ;) And at least one other person should be showing up, I'm not sure if he's been counted in yet -- Shmi? Aaron from Rebel Legion.

22. SLam

Aug 2, 1999
    Count me in on the Spag' Factory.

23. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

I don't know if anyone else noticed before the SFX site went down, but they've added Biggs, Greedo, and some Imperial dude (can't remember which one...) to this weekend's festivities.

I need to pass on some info about Saturday to my cousin later tonight... did anyone manage to save the schedule before the site went down? I'd love to get the Sat/Sun speech/autograph sched's ahead of time, and not have to fly blind this year :D

(And, is anyone else planning on going to the Shatner thing? I seem to recall it ending by 6pm..)

Tragic, will you be making an [approximate] reservation at the Spag-Fact this time?

~mike~

24. SLam

Aug 2, 1999
    Maybe we should ask the Star Wars actors if they'd like to join us. Just a wild idea.

25. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    The Shatner dinner prices range from between 60-149 bucks. Count me out.

It's been mentioned that we ought to ask them to join us. Would everyone be willing to pitch in four or five bucks to pay for their dinner? The amount to pitch in would depend if any of them would be willing to join us?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.