main
side
curve

Chic, IL SW Xmas presents?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by DarthAstuart, Jan 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Okay, so LePenguin has posted about his big bucket of Star Wars Legos that he got under the tree from Santy Claus. I thought I'd start a thread so we can all share the Star Wars-related booty we picked up over Xmas from our friends and relatives.

me, I just bought those lego figures at the lego store, and a neat keychain of a Lego Rebel pilot figure (maybe Luke?) there as well. And I also got a groovy set of glow-in-the-dark droids in the mail, too. ;)

anybody else mop up the goods?

matt

2. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I got the Episode 1 collector's edition of Star Wars Monopoly. Very cool.

I haven't bought myself anything since Thanksgiving. I actually spent some money on other people for a change.

3. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, I got a mere two Star Wars Christmas gifts this year. Then again - I spent a ton of scratch on SW all during the year, so there wasn't much left to put under the tree.

First got the ultra cool stormtrooper PC mouse, which I now use here at work. Thank you Santa - you know who you are. The other gift, well, it will be SW related. It could be anything related, but I will do Star Wars with it. Have I confused you yet? No. Let me try harder, then. :) Actually, I received a gift certificate to <drum roll please>........a tattoo shop. Yup - JediJeff shall make a little body modification. Gonna go with the Rebel insignia with a saber in front. Maybe some words - all depends on the level of pain I want to tolerate. I'll probably go this weekend or next, but basically the next time anyone sees me in person, ask to see my tattoo (like I need another reason to drop trou!)

4. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Gemini got gipped this year and her sister who always gets her Star Wars stuff got her something else.
    Okay, back to the first person, I did buy the new Star Wars 2001 calender and a new book and won the new trilogy off the radio, so that's Star Wars gifts enough, I suppose. I did develop my pics from SW: MOM and they turned out pretty cool. I'd scan 'em somewhere for ya, but hey, I don't have a scanner!
    It happens.

5. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I got a rock.

No, seriously, the only Star Wars gift I got was from our Holiday Event back on December 9: A Guide to the Star Wars Universe-Third Edition by Bill Slavicsek, that I got from Phil2, a newcomer to Chicago Force.

Phil

6. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, I got for Christmas was 5 SW Books the LOR Triology(need to get the hobbit to complete the set) 2 action figures, the SW Monopoly, and I am in the works of getting an Ultarama with some cash I got.

JediLars

7. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I got the best Star Wars present immaginable:

A big screen TV!

8. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Santa took advantage of the KayBee outlet this year. Under the tree I found: Royal Elegance Amidala, Scary Remove my Face Amidala, Totally Hair Amidala, the three SE Jabba Dancers, 3 Skiff guards, pruneface, and the Gungun sub ornament. Later I picked up the two fancy-schmancy Amidalas because I cannot resist a bargain. I also received the newer Darth Vader. And, I found an electronic X-Wing in my hope chest. Santa was very good to me this year.

9. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I got some more SW Lego... the speeder bikes and the QG-DM duel (both of which I have, but extra speeders never hurt and the 2nd QG-DM duel can go up at work), the Trade Federation AAT kit (my grab-bag gift at work, where it remains, sitting on my "in" basket), and the Technic Pit Droid. Also, one of my co-workers gave everyone in the department something, and I got a Naboo fighter rocket kit... so all I need now is a launcher. It also has a display stand, so it's resting on my monitor at work....

Although not SW-specific, I got a scanner too. This means that eventually I will scan my DragonCon pics and post them, too... :)

Thom

10. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Oh, I forgot. I also got the TPM Ultimate Soundtrack. I must say that I am very impressed with it. I can't believe people didn't like it!

11. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I received a late, but totally awesome Christmas gift, and it can be tied in with Star Wars. My wife, going through the paper, found movie theatre seats for sale. So she got them for me - how cool is that! Three seats, and nive ones at that, from what the seller tells me. But the Star Wars tie, you ask? These seats came from the good old Coral Theatre in Oak Lawn. For those that may be new here, I rave about a fav memory of seeing ANH at the Coral on weekends, I now I own three of the seats. You can read my mushy gushing at http://www.chicagoforce.org/bboard/archive/000229.html

So, when it's movie time at my place, three lucky folks can sit on it (Potsie).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.