main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Republic Senate Game Session 2: Feb-May 2006

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by LemmingLord, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    The following two motions were defeated:
    Bill 5.23.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 - A Desperate Over-reaction and waste of taxpayers money
    Bill 5.23.002 - Just say Nyet to Bags

YoungAngus's motion was passed.
    Motion 5-24-1 Squirrel-Sentiment Non-Prolifiration Treaty Act Proposed by YoungAngus and Seconded by Lemminglord

2. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Motion---5-25-1-"Watchful Senators gather no thieves"

Yay
    Comrade LemmingLord
    Rilwen_Shadowflame

Nay
    Imrahil

3. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    Motion---5-25-1-"Watchful Senators gather no thieves" Passes

I will work on posting the results of the recent motions this afternoon.

4. ZABRAKMALE

ZABRAKMALE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    Shock! Horror! we are on the dreaded page 2! i think that the squirrels and flutes are behind this. They must have joined together and moved us! So i shall get my hunting gear out and go hunting, i have left my trusted friend back on ossus yarrus to destroy all flutes and incarcerate all squirrels, and they shall not come out until we find out who has done such a evil crime. (if you think it is strange to hunt flutes, they are banned on ossus)

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    We will rue the day we voted to not have ten thousand body guard droids each

Mark my words!

6. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Words marked as requested.

7. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    But we will charish the amount of space we have in the subways and elevators!

8. Three-Eight

Three-Eight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005

Yay
    Comrade LemmingLord
    Rilwen_Shadowflame
    Three-Eight

Nay
    Imrahil

9. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005
    All the more room for an enemy to take advantage of...

10. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    All the more room for other people to distract an enemy. :p In crowds, you play the numbers game.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Distractions, which lead to bag thefts, our problem in the first place!

:p

12. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
  13. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    Good Evening Senators,
    I apologize for my recent absence. I was asked to come to Playtex to be the Grand Marshall in the parade. The planet is looking much better and they were able to have clean drinking water and food for their annual celebration of Marty Grass. He was the founder of the planet and they celebrate his death each year with a large parade and hedonistic activities. He loved a good party so they always have one.

They expect to be able to begin paying back the funds within the next few weeks and will be on schedule according to the loan.

No more bags have been stolen in the week and I did return from the trip with all of my belongings so that worked out well.

This is the last few days until the quarterly break so I am declaring open session. All motions concerning any items of interest or concern please bring up and post and allow us to debate and pass motions.

Hear is one I heard today. Some mortuaries have been harvesting organs and selling them on the black market before cremation or burial. Is this a crime against morality or is it similar to stem cells in fetuses afterall they are not using them any more. If it is different then why?

14. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Vell, I dunot hav problem vith harvesting organs of dead. They are dead afterall. Problem comes vhen possibility exists to hasten being's death to harvest said organs...

15. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    I too see that as the prime problem...
    Though the cultural beliefs of some would make it unfortunate to see such occur. If someone believes, and those around them believe, they must remain whole...you have a problem.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    An open floor for motions, you say?

Bill 5.29.ohyeah

It is hereby declared that salaries of all Senators voting yes on this bill, upon its passage, shall have their salaries tripled. They shall also be given a two-week, all-expenses-paid trip to Planet Playtex. They shall have to say "oh yeah" at least once per day on their trip to Playtex.

I Motion for the adoption of this bill!

17. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    I second Senator Darth Integral's bill, since it clearly rewards active Senators.
    Oh yeah! :p

18. NeitiPadme

NeitiPadme Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2005
    I'm back.

Yay

Comrade LemmingLord
    Rilwen_Shadowflame
    Three-Eight
    NeitiPadme

Nay
    Imrahil

19. ZABRAKMALE

ZABRAKMALE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    as well as seconding darthintegrals bill i also make one

bill to be given a number - "armys of the republic"

Whereas the republic doesnt have its own army i intend to correct that!
    henceforth the republic shall build a grand army and all 3 partys are allowed their own army. All planets shall have their own army as well and war can be declared at any time. Also each army can train their warriors in any form of combat.

its just a short bill to legislate armys

20. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005
    I too back this bill...Senator Integral, you are getting industrious and...uh...wise in your soon to be old age...

21. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    This bill is based on erroneous information; ve have an army. I offer exhibit 5.30.A - this post by the Supreme Chancellor on 5/16 at 9:25am (emphasis mine):

How about bill 5.30.1 "Nudist Colony of the Republic"

Whereas the Republic doesn't have its own nudist colony I intend to correct that!
    henceforth the republic shall build a grand nudist camp and all 3 parties are allowed their own nudist camp. All planets shall have their own nudist camps as well and limbo parties can be declared at any time. Also each nudist colony can train their nudists in any form of erotic art.

22. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    The following motion is up for your voting pleasure until May 31st at 11:30pm Board Time

I would love to be able to vote for this bill I would love a free trip to Planet Playtex as well as a raise.

Yay

Nay

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The following motion is up for your voting pleasure until May 31st at 11:30pm Board Time

I would love to be able to vote for this bill I would love a free trip to Planet Playtex as well as a raise.

Yay
    DarthIntegral

Nay

24. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005

Bill 5.29.ohyeah

Yay
    DarthIntegral

Nay
    Comrade LemmingLord

*This is financially unsound and ridiculously corrupt... But the real reason I'm not voting for it is because, as I indicated earlier this month, this senator has taken a vow of poverty and there's no way I can handle getting paid even more money.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    You could always vote for the bill and then give your raise amount and your vacation to charity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.