main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Registration??

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth_Larsen, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    If you want multiple passes, you have to register at the GenCon website multiple times. There's a "Create Accounts to Buy Badges For Other People" link near the bottom of the "main menu" page.

2. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Well, for some 10 mile Hotels, it's worth it. Cuz not only it maybe Cheaper, but also with Internet Access, Free breakfast, etc!

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    What a pain to buy 2 pass's. I'll wait for a few months and maybe they will make it easier. We already have a room at the embassy suites accross the way reserved for 5 days so no rush.

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    It doesn't seem like that big of a pain to me. It's a big enough pain to discourage possible scalpers from running rampant, but shouldn't be bad enough to discourage any family that wants to go.

5. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    How many people went to C2(or anyone? I forgot)?

i think the estimate after C:II was about 25k.

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    just registered.

It was really easy.

I wonder why GenCon did not expect a multitude of hits on opening day?

7. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Oh yeah, like 26,000 people I think...

Well Can it double this time?

26,000-52,000 people?

33 Hotels within 2 miles
    50 hotels within 5 miles
    148 Hotels within 10 miles
    246 Hotels Within 20 Miles

788-1576 people per average Hotel is impossible (2 miles)

520-1040 people per average Hotel is also not possible (5 miles)

176-351 people per average Hotel is Real possible depends on how many people going. (10 Miles)

106-211 people per average Hotel is Definately possible! (20 Miles)

8. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    I changed my shipping address to a US address so hopefully it will be shipped to me now because on my confirmation it sayed I selected ship to me even though I selected will call, hopefully it comes, i don't want to stand in line with thousands of people just to pick up a pass

9. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Ya know, all of this could have been avoided for FanForce members had the proposal I sent to GenCon and LFL back in June been seriously considered...

I call Mary Franklin at least three times and had to leave messages each time, with NEVER a call back. Many e-mails were sent to both her and GenCon. GenCon kept telling me to try back in a few weeks, then a week and so on. I was railroaded...or should I say Fanforce was railroaded. With all of the follies of CII and ShopStarWars.com the problems of yesterday could and should have been avoided.

I won't go into anymore details of the proposal since it's a moot point now. I'm just glad this whole ordeal of buying tickets and reserving a room is over for me.

Good Luck to those who still need to register, get tickets and reserve rooms.

Let's have a big FF party at CIII!
    -Sal

10. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    What Sal said :)

11. robinandlaura

robinandlaura Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    I'm really ticked that they won't ship the badges to Canada. Really...how much extra would postage be compared to the time I am going to have to wait in the WillCall line to pick them up. I really hope we don't have to wait in the WC line, get the badge, then go get in the CIII line b/c that would take all day. The lineup at CII was around the building. So far, I am not impressed with GenCon.

12. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    hopefully you'll be able to pick up badges on the wednesday.

13. robinandlaura

robinandlaura Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    That would be helpful. Maybe you can pass that on to the PTB at GenCon. Sometimes it is very hard to be a fan in Canada! I am especially tired of paying FedEx fees for delivering SWShop stuff.

14. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I'm glad I'm set up to go now, * watches Calendar

15. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Just got an e-mail from Gencon saying passes can be picked up at will call any day CIII is open so i guess you can't pick them up till thursday.

16. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I registered earlier today.

What a pain to buy 2 pass's. I'll wait for a few months and maybe they will make it easier. We already have a room at the embassy suites accross the way reserved for 5 days so no rush.

Maybe I'll see you there, k3po.

17. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    And we all appreciated what you tried to do, Jedi_Master_Sal. We were hoping the deal could be made...

Oh well.

And, yeah, getting a hotel a little further out is not a big deal if you're driving to Indianapolis. At least you'll have a vehicle to drive back and forth to the con center.

18. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Well, after almost 27 hours, I was finally able to register and get everthing taken care of.

The hotels I was looking at staying in were, of course, all sold out. But, at least I got one about 2 blocks away *shrugs*. Better than nothing =)

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Sweet! They want pre reg payment by MARCH.. I think I can manage that! :)

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's now officially up on the swcelebration page that international guests can pick up their Vader topper and free passes at Will Call.

21. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Oh well at least theres that, but in this day and age I really dont see why we cant have our stuff posted out to us. I'll pay for gods sake, I dont really want to spend the first day in a Q to get my badge.

22. Star_Wars_Guy

Star_Wars_Guy Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    Just relating my experience:

Hit the C3 page on Tuesday right when sales were to open. After 1 hour I was finally registered with Gen Con. 2 Hours later I was able to purchase all the badges needed for my family (2 adults, 1 child) and reserve my hotel room at the Mariott (connected to the Con Center via skywalk).

Like others had mentioned, it would have been nice if there would have been advance notice that we'd all have to be registered with Gen Con before purchasing. Would have saved a lot of time, hassle, and bandwidth.

I logged back on yesterday morning and was able to purchase the Vader topper. That process took less than 3 minutes since there weren't many people logged on.

Those of you who haven't gotten your badges yet, you should be able to do so now without any hassle. The rush for the hotel room discount should be done.

23. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    "Just got an e-mail from Gencon saying passes can be picked up at will call any day CIII is open so i guess you can't pick them up till thursday. "

According to the PDF files in the exhibitor section of the site, there will be "Attendee Will Call" on Wednesday 2-8pm. And Attendee "Badge Registration" on Wednesday 5-8pm.

Doc

24. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    According to the PDF files in the exhibitor section of the site, there will be "Attendee Will Call" on Wednesday 2-8pm. And Attendee "Badge Registration" on Wednesday 5-8pm.

Man, I so wish they had that for C2. I could've used it then!

25. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    thats great :D I asked them if you could pick it up wednesday, not sure why they didn't just say yes and what time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.