main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Registration??

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth_Larsen, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Has anyone seen what these Darth Vader Toppers look like? Just curious.

2. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    You know, I thought this was going to be a fun process, boy was I wrong!! It infuriates me that they can not ship the passes up here to Canada...I mean we are already giving Lucas/Gencon how many MILLIONS, and they can't even ship the bloody passes to Canada? I wonder...would it be better if I had the passes mailed to my family in Oregon, then have them shipped to Ontario? At least that way, I won't have to stand in line for several hours waiting to get the passes. I feel sorry for anyone coming from outside the US, becuase evidently, that is all Lucas/Gencon care about!!

3. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    VaderFanForever shipping them to your family would be a good idea I think.
    I have a few friends from Canada who are doing the same thing. Shipping them to family or friends in the U.S.

It is lame that this has to happen. :(

4. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    *sigh* I wish I had friends in the US so I wouldn't have to queue at C3... but, I'm getting really used to getting the fuzzy end of the lollipop, living not only outside of the US, but in one of those countries with no official fanclub at all... :(

5. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Just curious, does anyone know if having the badges posted to family/friends in the US work for fan club members as well?

I want my badge in advance, but I also want to make sure I get my friend passes for being in the fan club!

6. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    DarthLucanas, I just may do that! Now I am wondering how soon before C3 that they will actually ship the lanyards and badges...hopefully NOT too soon before the show. If anyone got theirs for C2, how soon in advance did you get your passes??

7. robinandlaura

robinandlaura Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    Hi Vaderfan
    I read that badges will be shipped in March 2005. We are in London Ontario and I refuse to wait in line outside the centre, finally get in only to wait in the will call line. We waited about 4 hours at C2 just to get in the building. They had no problem shipping my badge for C2. Anyway, I am going to ship mine to family in TN and send them money to Fedex them to me so they don't take too long or get lost. Maybe we can start some sort of email campaign with all the non-US fans to try and convince them to ship outside of the US. For them this is all about $$$$$ and they don't want to pay the extra $0.50 to post it to Canada. Greedy.

8. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    we were going to have ours mailed to family in the states and then shipped on, but now being able to pick up passes on the wednesday we'll probably just pick them up then, if their not mailing till march (depending when in march) it might be cutting it a little close, the mail is not that reliable at times. still haven't decided, might change my mind again :p

9. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    robinandlaura: I'd gladly join in that e-mail campaign! Heck, like you said, it's not that much more to post to Canada. And regardless of whether they're in it for the money and just pinching pennies in this way or not, I find it sort of insulting that I wasn't even given the option of paying the extra postage costs myself!
    I recognize that with regular post it might not make it through customs in time, and that may be a concern they had that led to this decision. But if all of us are paying to have the stuff FedEx'ed from friends and family in the US anyway, I don't see why they can't offer us the choice of just FedEx'ing it in the first place...! :/

10. robinandlaura

Sep 28, 2004
    Mary Franklin at LFL responded to my email regarding international shipping saying that it was a Gen Con decision to limit shipping to the US. I have emailed Lindsay Ohman at Gen Con who is apparently in charge of CIII registration. Ms. Ohman's email address is lindsay@gencon.com if any other international fans are interested in sharing their thoughts on the matter. All we can do is try and the more people who voice their concerns the better!

11. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

I think I will. Thanks for that addy

12. robinandlaura

Sep 28, 2004
    I had a very quick and detailed response from Lindsay regarding the shipping. There are a number of reasons they won't ship outside the US - timing, manpower and cost. She did say that the will call booth will be open on Wednesday so for those fans arriving before Thursday, we can hopefully get the badges and be ready to go with everyone else!

13. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    That's great, I just hope the lines on Wednesday won't be too big... :)

14. Anakinsaprentice

Anakinsaprentice Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    Since I'll be coming in Wednesday, I'm a little more relieved I can pick up my pass then...but, like the rest of you, I would have preferred it being shipped to me..I'll probably still have to wait in a long line-up..Hopefully, they will be organized and line ups will move quickly.

15. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, I am all registered! I decided to have my passes shipped to my parents in Oregon, and then have them shipped to me, becuase there is NO FRIGGIN WAY I am driving from Ottawa to Indianapolis to wait in line at Will Call to get my passes. Besides, I will be in line enough waiting to get in to the events and such!!!

I am dissapointed that Gencon will not ship to Canada...it is not far from the US! Oh well, it always helps to have some family in the States!!

Now I do have a question...I got the "code" for the hotels around the ICC. Is there anything that is not booked yet that is connected to the ICC that is not expensive. If you have any info, please email me. I am already booked at the Hilton Indianapolis, a.k.a Adams Mark Hotel. But I am wondering if there is anything else! See you there!

16. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    As of midnight Eastern time, the following hotels have available rooms for 4/20 and 4/21 check-in (4/25 check-out):

Hilton Garden Inn (downtown)
    Radisson City Center (downtown)
    Wingate Inn
    Holiday Inn Select Airport
    Comfort Inn West

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.