main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate: Restoring Peace, Prosperity and Equality to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Well, I can draft something on it and post the plan I had in mind if that's suitable Chancellor?

Bazinga'd likes this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    That is more than suitable. I would like to somehow ensure we have a budget passed before we are able to allocate money for your legislation however.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Of course Chancellor. I will wait until I know we have the budget before making my suggestion to the Senate.

4. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Speaker (Sinrebirth) please prepare the budget for floor debate. In order to get other legislation passed, we need to have our budget settled as soon as possible.

5. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I believe we should go out and launch humanitarian efforts on the systems that suffered the worst of the Empire's wrath. Take the Endor system, for example. The Ewoks aided the Rebellion in their noble cause, and yet somehow we have not yet sent teams to aid them in the removal of the debris that pollutes their forests. The wreckage of the second Death Star hath poured upon these humble beings like fiery rain. And it's not just Endor that suffered. Think of the Bodach'i. Noble creatures who were enslaved by the Empire. They too have not yet recovered. Families were separated and have yet to be reunited. If we are to fix the galaxy, we must first heal it!

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

*inclines his head from his pod*

As you wish.

*The Mandalorian pod moves forward.*

I would ask that Senator ConservativeJedi321 of Skustell and Senator Snokers of Duro join me on the committee if they are willing and able. This would give us the perspective of warriors, diplomats and shipyard and weapons manufacturers in one committee while also giving voice to both political parties and the Independents.

7. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I would gladly accept your offer Senator, and will aid this committee in whatever manner I can.

Bazinga'd and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  8. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Very well. I would be honored to aid you here, Senators.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Excellent, you can both expect to receive a private communique within the next 24 hours.

Snokers likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *looks at Senator Snokers with a warning in his eye*

Do be careful, Senator. The Centrist Party will expect a full report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretendalorian and Snokers like this.
  11. Snokers

Jul 8, 2015
    *Levels a narrow-eyed red glare and allows a slight grin to form*

And a full report the Centrist Party shall have, Speaker Sinrebirth. Have faith, you'll find no bent politics here.

Pretendalorian and Sinrebirth like this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    *Watches everyone carefully, leaning back in my chair.*

13. KnightOfRen

Nov 12, 2015
    *wistfully glances at Senator Silent*

14. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    *Pulls hood over head and laughs*

Pretendalorian likes this.
  15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    *glances back at Senator Ren and nods respectfully. *

KnightOfRen likes this.
  16. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
  17. KnightOfRen

Nov 12, 2015
    *clears my throat*

Are we gathered here to share nods and glances, or are we here to mend the wounds of a galaxy more marred than it's ever been? It's not that I don't love our little pleasantries... it's just that I am beginning to feel we are wasting time. Are my fellow senators in agreement?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *gestures to @KnightofRen*

Do you have something to add about the current points, rather than telling us we're wasting time?

Some of us have raised important points, and not just made our own comments.

*counts*

One, we need to spend more on the defence budget to counter the Resistance. Two, the Old Empire is dead, let's not treat it like a boogeyman when it was the leadership that was corrupt, not the premise of more central control. Three, we've set up a committee. What else do you want?

Snokers and Pretendalorian like this.
  19. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator Ren (knightsofren) I assign you to the budget committee with the Speaker. I expect an itemized budget from the committee forthwith. When that is completed, I will have other committee assignments available for you.

OOC: Here is hoping we get a few more people to sign up for the game....

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I do not require knightsofren, Chancellor.

I have it here. My staff assembled the information for me.

*holds a datapad up*

21. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Speaker. Thank you for great work of you and your staff. Please disseminate the budget data to all Senators and Schedule open floor debate on it.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *inserts the datapad, and the information spreads*

Currently, briefly, it is split in these ways.

50% Government Infrastructure, including Healthcare subsidiaries, schooling, local sector government, civil servant payments, public services, social welfare, housing, law and order, culture, and transport programmes.
    20% Reconstruction Grants
    20% New Republic Defence Force
    10% Foreign Aid Budget (as required under out alliances)

Bardan_Jusik and Bazinga'd like this.
  23. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    The floor is now open for debate and discussion.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Snokers

Jul 8, 2015
    OOC: Nehru_Amidala do you still wish to participate? Just in case you weren't aware of this new thread.

25. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Members and Party Affiliation

Populist

Senator Furio of Sullust
    Senator ConservativeJedi of Skustell
    Senator Ren of Mygeeto
    Senator Vagabond of Carratos

Centrist

Senator Sinrebirth for Eriadu
    Senator Silent of Naboo
    Senator Snokers of Duro
    Senator Pretendalorian of Gorse

Independent

Senator Bazinga'd of Tatooine.
    Senator Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore
    Senator Fett of Taris
    _____
    *A younger human man of about thirty years examines the budget.* Excuse me, my learned colleagues but, I do have a question, several in fact. I notice that Government Infrastructure and transport programmes are in the budget, that is rather vague. I would like to know the exact amount budgeted for infrastructure improvements, and what transport programmes are being discussed?

I fear with all this jumping at shadows that we are losing sight of what matters, trade. Above all else trade is what grows economies, what allows the hawks in the Centrists to buy there little toys to go hunting ghosts, and keeps good hard working sentients employed. I was elected in the first free and fair elections on Carratos in generations to see that trade flourishes and that the economy grows, not just for my home but, for all the galaxy. And trade tends to stagnate as planets prepare for war. The space lanes that are the life blood of economies become battlegrounds and spacestations are pieces to be won and lost in a game of Dejarik. The uncertainty of it all drives money from banks and into mattresses where it does no one any good.

I also wonder as to how much of the military budget is going towards internal security and patrols along the hyperspace lanes. The brave men and women of the Carratos Defense Force can only protect our little patch of space, we need an intersector force to protect our valuable goods as they are transported from one port to the next, or at the very least not be in fear of pirates or other such bandits. My home was long a place of lawlessness, a haven for marauders and ruffians. I would not like to see it return to such a state.

If we keep looking outward or for nonexistent threats we may allow things to fester right under our noses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.