main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC4 Roomies Wanted

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jedileann, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002

I was able to reserve a hotel closer to the convention center, so I now have a room at the LA Athletic Club available. I called the GenCon hotel line and they said I can transfer the reservation to anyone else's name as long as the other person has a hotel code, so if you want my reservation, PM me. It's booked for 5/23 - 28, the hotel is 7 blocks from the center, and it's included in the shuttle service.

From the GenCon description you get complimentary fruit & cheese basket upon arrival, complimentary coffee, tea and muffins and newspaper delivered each weekday morning, complimentary hot breakfast buffet in The Grill Room. The site also said the room came with a fridge. The rate is $145 a night.

2. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I have a room my brother booked available here are the details:

Arriving: Wednesday, May 23, 2007
    Departing: Tuesday, May 29, 2007
    Hotel Choice: Los Angeles Marriott Downtown (ONE BEDDED ROOM)
    Rate: $189 Double - 2 Persons
    Deposit Policy: Guarantee 1 night's room + tax by Credit Card or Check.
    Cancellation Policy: CXL FEE: $50 before 4/16/07; 1 nt's rm+ tax after
    04/17/2007
    Early Departure Fee: 1 night's room plus tax

If you are interested please PM me and hopefully I can help someone out would hate for this room to go to waste.

3. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay, I've finally decided to make the trek out to L.A. Didn't think I would be able to make it, but it seems like I'll have enough money in time to go. So now I face the task of finding lodging.

ME = 30 year old fun loving guy from Baltimore, MD. Very light smoker, (only outside if at all), likes to have a few beers whilst singing some karaoke.(God hope I can find some.) I made a lot of awesome friends at C# and I really want to see them again as well as make some new friends. I'm hoping to fly in on the 23rd or 24th and fly back home on the 29th. Is there anyone who can help me?

4. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I'm looking to see what my actual possibilities are in attending Celebration IV. I REALLY WANT TO GO...MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD!
    but I need to see if the trip is do-able.

I am willing to Volunteer.
    I am willing to sleep on the floor/couch.
    I don't need to smoke.
    I will be on a very low budget, but I'll be satisfied just to make the pilgrimage.
    It will be my first experience flying unless I can carpool from Ohio.

You're my only hope! PM me if you require more info.

5. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Ok, I booked 3 rooms for my fanforce back in November, and several of my people had to cancel. I now have one quad room at the New Otani available. I would rather not be charged the $50 for canceling, so I want to transfer this room to someone else. I think the New Otani was the cheapest hotel to stay at, and the room is $143 a night. The only catch is that by the time I reserved the room, the Wednesday night stay was all booked up, so the room is for 4 nights, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. I had one of my other rooms set up with the same nights, but I asked them to add the Wednesday night when I called later. I haven't gotten confirmation on adding that night, but they did tell me that they thought that I would be able to get that night, once some rooms had been canceled after the April 16th deadline. They can probably put this room on the waitlist as well. PM me if you are interested!

6. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    okay here's my situation now. i got a place to stay on friday, saturday and sunday. but my plane comes in on wednesday, so i still gotta find a place to stay that night and thursday. i'm thinking about getting a room at the ritz milner, but its $99 per night, even for a double. so is there anyone who needs a place to stay on those two nights who might want to split the cost with me?

7. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002

I checked Expedia recently and it looks like some of the hotels close to the Convention Center opened up some of their rooms.

Ritz Milner for $267 night (major bump in price from before!) - .58 miles away

Stillwell Hotel for $72 a night - .62 mi away

Wilshire Grand for $229 a night - .74 mi away

8. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    I've researched the Stillwell and its gotten really bad reviews. That was going to be the place I would be staying at, but after reading up on it, no thanks. I went ahead and booked at the Ritz Milner. Not too bad for $100 a night. But I have space for one more person on Wednesday and Thursday if anyone needs a room on those two nights.

9. FlyingCasual805

FlyingCasual805 Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2007
    One of my roommates had a change in plans and so I need at least one more roomie. My reservation is at the Sheraton and the rate is $209/night. I currently have two roomies but would like at least one more (two would be better) to get the hotel costs down as much as possible. The reservation is for two beds and I am bringing two twin size air mattresses. (We can rotate sleeping in bed and on air mattress.) It is a non-smoking room (can probably be changed if needed). The dates of the reservation are for May 22-29.

Please PM me and let me know if you are interested!

Kim
    CIV bound!!

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    ^^ I'm one of her roomies, so I just want to reiterate that anyone who wants to share with us and bring the price down would be most welcome. :p

11. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    *AMENDING ROOM AVAILABLE FROM POST ABOVE*

I decided to change rooms and stay in the New Otani room I had offered above, so I have a Sheraton room available instead. I will have this room available until April 15th, and then I will cancel the room and be charged a $50 fee. If you are interested, please PM me! Here are the details:

HOTEL NAME: Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown
    HOTEL ADDRESS: 711 South Hope Street
    Los Angeles, CA 90017

ARRIVAL DATE: Wednesday, May 23, 2007
    DEPARTURE DATE: Monday, May 28, 2007
    # OF NIGHTS: 5
    HOTEL EARLY DEPARTURE FEE:1 night's room plus tax

TYPE: ROOM
    OCCUPANCY: Double - 2 Persons

RATE: $179.00
    APPLICABLE HOTEL TAX: 14.08%
    ESTIMATED ROOM+TAX TOTAL: $1021.02

12. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Hello,

My roomie may not be able to go. I am looking for another female to room with. Currently we have reservations at the New Otani from the 24th - 29th, but I am actually arriving Weds night and I am in the process of making arrangements for that night. Please PM if interested.

Janine

13. jedileann

jedileann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    I just had one of my roommates cancel. So here's the room info:

HOTEL NAME: The Historic Mayfair Hotel #11 - http://www.cmrhousing.com/genc_1i/hotel-list.asp?
    ARRIVAL DATE: Tuesday, May 22, 2007
    DEPARTURE DATE: Tuesday, May 29, 2007
    OCCUPANCY: Quad - 4 Persons
    DISTANCE TO CONVENTION CENTER: .99 miles
    HIGH SPEED ISP: Free
    REFRIDGERATOR: In the room.
    MICROWAVE: I'll request one according to their site.
    SPECIAL REQUESTS: Non-Smoking Room

Your share will be based on the number of days you'll be staying, so please PM me for an estimate.

FYI - I'm female and the 2 remaining roommates are male.

14. jedileann

Apr 4, 2005
    I sent you a PM.

15. jedileann

Apr 4, 2005
    I know you have found places to stay, but I still wanted to let you know that I just one of my roommates cancel and I also sing karaoke.

16. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Sweet! I got me a singin' partner!!

17. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Looking for one, possibly two, roommates. I have the room, looking for males, non-smokers to fill vacated slots. PM me for details!

18. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    OK Definitely on my own and need to stay with somebody. Again, 34 year old female willing to stay with mixed company if necessary.

Any help appreciated,

Janine

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Hi yodakarma! *waves* I hope you decide to stay with us.

Sadly, Kim (FlyingCasual) isn't going to be able to stay with us after all, so we may need another roommate for our room at the Sheraton. We hope to end up with either four or possibly five people in the room. There are two double beds, and if we get a fifth person, someone (maybe me) can probably bring a sleeping bag or air mattress and the five of us can rotate sleeping on it. If anyone still needs a roommate, send me a PM and I'll let you know if we can fit you in. :)

20. jedileann

Apr 4, 2005
    My room info is several posts up and I sent you a PM with more details.

21. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Does anybody have any space left for a 32 year old non smoker?
    Maybe even a second person?
    If you do please P.M. me the info.

Thanks.[face_peace]

22. jedileann

Apr 4, 2005
    I got space and sent you a PM, please let me know either way.

23. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Blast! It looks as though my roomie for CIV is bailing on me due to a lack of fundage. He's still planning on attending, but will most likely be staying for free with some friends of his in Hollywood.

Just a heads up, because I may need to look for a possible roommate to share the cost of my room at the Holiday (Special) Inn; otherwise, I may just have to go it alone. PM me if any long-time FanForcers are interested. Thanks!

24. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    crazy, rampant 34 year old male needs room.

25. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Looking for a roomate for a non-smoking room at the Westin Bonaventure, arriving Wednesday leaving Monday. It would be $105 per night. Please PM if interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.