main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC4 Roomies Wanted

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jedileann, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedileann

jedileann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    I sent you a PM

2. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    we had someone back out of our room, and if you are willing to share a queen bed with someone, we have room in our Room.
    We would perfer a non smoker. We are 3 Fanforce Members of the Idaho Fanforce just looking to help someone out and save a little money in the process. We can afford the room but everyone can use a little extra cash at a convention.

Just contact me if you are interested.

We are ariving on Wed and Departing on Tues.
    23-29
    175.00 for all nights in the room. making it only 29.17 a night.
    Take a look at the Room Here
    We are one mile away from the con.
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/fromhoteltoconc4.gif]

Amenities
    ? Clean & comfortable accommodations in two floors with 54 meticulously appointed rooms.
    ? Meeting room with 400 sq. Feet of state-of-the art meeting, event and corporate retreat facilities and services for up to 25-30 people .
    ? Complimentary continental breakfast
    ? FREE T1 High Speed Internet access
    ? FREE local phone calls.
    ? Daily tours from hotel to Universal Studios, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and other attractions
    ? Family plan, kids 18 and under free in room with parents.
    ? FREE weekday local paper
    ? Complimentary on-site parking
    ? Safety deposit boxes at front desk
    ? Wake up calls
    ? Wireless hot spot in lobby and breakfast room
    ? Rollaway beds available
    ? Fax machine and copy service at front desk
    ? Electronically controlled room access door locks
    ? Non-smoking rooms available
    ? On call airport shuttle service
    ? In room hairdryers
    ? Newly remodeled bathrooms with granite vanity tops
    ? In-room microwave and refrigerator
    ? In-room coffee maker
    ? Cable or satellite television with movie, sports and news channel
    ? Seasonal outdoor swimming pool Click here to see the 8ft pool at the hotel
    ? Elevators
    ? Exterior corridors

Los Angeles Convention Center Hotel - Area Restaurants

? McDonald's 0.1 mi
    ? Korean Restaurant 0.1 mi
    ? Morton's Steakhouse 2.0 mi
    ? Thai Restaurant 0.1 mi
    ? California Pizza Kitchen 2.0 mi
    ? Taylor's Steakhouse 3.0 mi

3. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    itsthatguy (Tony Machalski) on the Richmond, Virginia fanforce board listed this:
    Date Posted: 4/26 8:10pm Subject: CIV - Anyone Need a hotel room?
    CIV - Anyone Need a hotel room?

I have an extra! It's at the Wilshire (about 7 blocks from the Con center).

The rate is $179.00 a night. Check-in is May 23rd and Checking-out May 29th.

If you want it PM me and we can put the room in your name.

I really need to transfer this out of my name - I cannot cancel it at this point! If I do I will have to pay 1 night and a half as a penalty!

Please help!

His email is tmachalski@funaicorp.com if you can help him out

4. Kasey_Atol

Kasey_Atol Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2007
    30 year old male looking to see if I can share a room with someone? Went to C3 with my nephew and thought since he wasn't able to go this time and it was in LA (i'm flying in from OHIO), I wouldn't be able to go. Well I'm getting the bug, and I really would like to attend, but I'm finding between the flight, 4 day pass, hotel, meals, and the obvious cost of buying as much SW stuff as I can afford, the amount is way beyond my capabilities on my own. If the events are anything like C3, my plans were to arrive at the con early in the morning, and not get back to the hotel till after Midnight. I haven't checked out event list on SW.com yet to see what times the events would be, as I'm just anxious to see if I can even show up. At this point I'm looking to cut down on costs as much as possible and I'm hoping there's a group available to assist. Unless it's a group that doesn't mind if I tag along a little bit, I plan on keeping quiet and to myself. I even wouldn't mind sleeping on a couch or sleeping bag/inflatable bed. I know it's a late request, but if anyone has reasonable accomodations, I would appreciate it, and hopefully have a chance to meet new people. Thanks.

5. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    sent you a pm about the room.

6. jedileann

jedileann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    I can't beat the price, but I have space and its booked May 22-29... added bonus is that you're automatically invited to an Meet-n-Greet with Ian Liston (aka Wes Janson, Wedge's gunner in ESB) hopefully on the 23rd.

7. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Still looking for a roomate at the Westin. I'll even take two if youre looking for a cheaper stay and dont mind taking a floor.

8. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    I have a room available that I am trying to find an extra roommate for. Two beds at the Miyako Hotel. The dates are May 22-May 27. Splitting halfway would be $463.98 / person ($77.33 / night). Two extra people would be even cheaper. $309.32 / person ($51.55/night). I'm not sure if the Miyako offers cots.

Guys and ladies are fine with me.

I will be flying in early afternoon from Chicago on the 22nd to check in.

I am a 25 y/o guy. Non-smoker. Loves Star Wars. As I would be traveling and attending by myself, I would not mind if my rommies were up for me tagging along for whatever activities come up.

PM/email/AIM if interested:

xenomaniac@gmail.com
    AIM: ryuusamurai

9. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Bumping still have a space at the Westin available!

10. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Wow I didnt think it would be this hard to find a roomate...

I may as well tell more about myself.

33-yo non-smoker, lurker here - more active on the collector's forums (Rebelscum, Jedidefender, GalacticHunter). Lots of people will vouch for me.

I arrive Wednesday and leave Monday. The room is at the Bonaventure, and the nightly rate is $210 total. I have one person who can commit for 3 days - Thursday to Sunday. I'm hoping to cut my hotel costs down to half - $550. If I can find someone else to room for any part of that 5 days, even if it means doubling up and taking the floor. Any help would be appreciated because at this point dumping the room would cost $210.

Alternatively, if someone wants a whole room to themselves I would be willing to transfer it over and find another room as a roomate.

11. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    I am still looking for at least one roommate to share a room and its costs at the Holiday Inn from Wednesday, May 22 - Monday, May 28 for $199 per night, including full breakfast. I've had two guys drop out due to their own financial issues.

Let me know if you're interested, would like to exchange information, or have any questions.

Time is getting short, so I hope to hear from interested folks soon!

12. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    This doesnt seem to be working but bumping anyways. Still looking!

I also have an oppurtunity to room with someone else so if anyone is looking for a room I would be willing to transfer this room over to you.

13. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I've changed my reservations a few weeks ago after learning how close the Mayfair was to Skid Row and that there is an Interstate overpass between it and the convention center.

I'm now at the Ritz Milner, 5 blocks from the Convention Center, with a queen suite, $129 p. night plus tax, May 24-29.

I am looking for one female roomate, non-smoking. Possibly there is room for more, but the room is listed as double-occupancy. There is an IHOP across the street and several other close restaurants.

Please, no males. I like you fine, but if I don't know you, I'm not comfortable rooming with you! :D

14. ksherkid

ksherkid Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2007
    How much did the Mayfair charge you for cancellation? Hubby and I really want to stay someplace else.

15. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    I didn't get a charge. I changed before April 17 and the penalties kicked in.

16. agenttmk13

agenttmk13 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2007
    hey I am looking to find a room but from Friday, May 25 through Sunday, May 27. I may stay for Monday but it will really depend on how much money I have left by then, which I'm thinking wont be a lot! If you - RBLGIRL - are okay with me just paying for those two nites I am game. Oh yeah, I am female, 30 years old, and pretty laid back. If you're still looking please let me know.

17. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Sorry, but I just got through confirming with another roommate. My space is no longer available.

18. agenttmk13

agenttmk13 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2007
    Thanks RebelGrl for your fast reply. Sooooooo is anyone out there looking for a roommate for the nights of Friday, May 25 through Sunday, May 27. I may stay for Monday, but it will depend on my cash flow. I am female but don't care if I stay with guys or girls. I can afford no more than $100 a nite plus whatever the tax is? As long as it's not a roach motel i'm cool with whatever. If you want to reply to me personally I can be reached at agenttmk@yahoo.com. Although I will be checking back on this board frequently. Thanks in advance!!!

19. quigonn99

quigonn99 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Roomies needed! group of girls at the Sheraton are looking for 1 or 2 people. We'll be there from Thursday 5/24 - Tuesday 5/29. The room is $179 + tax/night.

20. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Anyone looking to share a room with a 20 year old female? Nerd at Star Wars trivia and I'd prefer rooming with fellow girls unless it's suite and has two rooms with the guys on one side and the girls on the other. Don't like loud parties. I'm willing to sleep on a rollaway/cot/even the floor with a sleeping bag. With the date so close I'm getting desperate. Arriving Thursday afternoon/evening and leaving on Monday.

Can't afford more than 70 a night. (cheapskate? Frugal? No; broke! ;) )

I've already got two possibles lined up but one said it might get crowded and the other I'm rather uncomfortable with and is my 'last resort' room. I like to be able to pick and choose. :)

21. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Bumping this up just because this is kinda a "last chance" thread. Anybody have any openings for a new roommate? Getting close to being "cut-off date," you might say.

22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Never mind; I've got my room! :)

23. yodasaber65

yodasaber65 Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2007
    Still nedd a roomate? I need to stay 5/23-27 leave 28.

Let me know please.

cheers,
    Joseph Lucas
    Manhattan
    NYC

24. yodasaber65

yodasaber65 Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2007
    Do you still need a roommate?

I am 41 male from Manhattan.

Let me know.

Joseph Lucas

I am a volunteer for the event.

25. Eben7

Eben7 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2007
    Hi Joseph:

I got a room (I'll be alone), but i think my hotel (new otani) is not enough closer to The convention center for you (even with shuttle), in the understood that you are a volunteer.
    But if that doesn't matter to you and... you want to stay with a mexican guy, 34 years old, non smoker, non drinker and a starwars lover, let me know!

PD my english is not so well, but we can comunicate between us. Room is $107 + tax/night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.