main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWCC Panels and Programming (and Queuing)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Jun 8, 2018.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    50/50 - Saturday has Jedi: Fallen Order and Sunday has Clone Wars. I'd guess Saturday but Sunday is certainly a viable option. I guess it depends on which rooms they want to use and what else is on the schedule.

I saw :D

I'm sure we'll still get a panel. Part of me even hopes we get to buy some of the merch early but that's probably pushing it.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  2. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    This is a work in progress but I found this on twitter.

If you look at this it is mostly podcasts listed on the panels at this point, but there are tabs for exclusives and off site events as well.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Looks like we might get our Jar Jar: Secrets Revealed panel after all.

4. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I rarely to never do panels but I'll be in line to hear Ahmed Best!

5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Panel summary so far...

Friday:
    Nothing yet

Saturday:
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Wintrust
    Rebels Remembered - Galaxy
    Galaxy's Edge - TBA

Sunday:
    Clone Wars - Wintrust

Monday:
    TPM 20th Anniversary - Wintrust
    Resistance - Galaxy

7. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Galaxy's Edge is definitely my second most wanted after IX (but really, really close with Clone Wars, and Rebels Remembered, and probably Mandalorian, too many good panels!!)

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    IX, The Mandalorian and TPM are my top 3 in that order.

9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    They're all so close to call, I don't like to single them out. I just hope I can narrow it down to 2 per day!

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Do you think that Galaxy's Edge might be the main Saturday panel?

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I doubt it. That seems like a niche panel to me. They also randomly announced it on a Monday as opposed to on the Star Wars Show. It seems like a good candidate for the Galaxy Stage.

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm not sure if Mandalorian will be Saturday or not. I know Rebels Remembered and Galaxy's Edge are more niche, but if you add Mandalorian to Saturday that's still 4 pretty big panels on one day however you look at it.

Sunday only has Clone Wars, whilst Monday has Resistance and TPM 20th (plus probably closing ceremony). They could pair Mandalorian up with CW for a Disney+ day on Sunday. Friday's blank but we all know what's coming there.

If they wanted to really mess with the fans they could put Mandalorian on Friday. Do you get wristbands/panel reservations for both and lose your seat position for IX, or do you sacrifice Mando for better seats at IX? I imagine a lot of people would try for both and it could increase the "push" people feel towards needing to line up early. I really don't see them doing this.

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Orlando had TLJ and Mark's Carrie Fisher tribute panel on the same day, so they're not opposed to putting two massive panels on the same day.

I'm surprised Rebels Remembered is being relegated to the Galaxy Stage. That makes me think they need Wintrust for something bigger (The Mandalorian). That would give you your three big trailer reveals (IX, The Mandalorian and Clone Wars) over three days and giving each their own day to shine.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  14. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Schedule/panels are finally announced for WonderCon, which is 18 days away, so I guess Celebration is doing ok.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    The fact that they announced a panel today leads me to believe there's a good chance we get IX or The Mandalorian on Wednesday.

ChrisLyne and LloydChristmas like this.
  16. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    True. It wouldn’t be unprecedented at all. I guess it depends what else they have planned & guest availability.

And yes, Rebels on Galaxy Stage does seem a little strange.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  17. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Dang, I was really hoping Galaxy's Edge would be Sunday. I won't be there until Sunday this year. Fingers are crossed for Mandalorian on Sunday.

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Galaxy's Edge is in Wintrust. I'm surprised that got the arena over Rebels.

19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Guess they expect it to be big. I'm thinking Rebels Remembered will be more like Ahsoka's Untold Tales, and Animated Origins and Unexpected Fates, both of those were Galaxy Stage rather than Celebration Stage as well. A bit bigger because the majority of the cast will be joining Dave Filoni for this one, but still more of a look back/BTS panel rather than a major "new content" panel. So surprising but not entirely unexpected. More surprised that Resistance Season 2 is Galaxy Stage as that's likely to be premiering new episodes.

With Galaxy's Edge and Jedi: Fallen Order on the Celebration Stage on Saturday, I'm guessing Mandalorian will be Sunday. There's certainly still room on Saturday's schedule but that would be 3 major "new content" panels on the Celebration Stage in one day, so I'd expect actor panels instead.

Pairing Mandalorian up with CW on Sunday would give them a "Disney+" themed day. Friday is still open but I can't see them wanting arguably the two biggest events sharing a day.

20. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    There will also be celebrity panels. Ian and Ray usually have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    At this point, the only day that would shock me for The Mandalorian is Monday.

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, although they also don't usually have a TPM anniversary panel to do. I do expect them to do one though, probably on Galaxy.

23. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    I was thinking how cool it would be if George Lucas attended the TPM panel, and John Williams was there again to play Duel of the Fates. JW was likely a one time thing, though another panel he could appear at is the Galaxy Edge panel as he composed a special theme for that.

ChrisLyne and Amon_Amarth like this.
  24. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I really would love Rick McCallum to show up. Idk why, maybe cause he was such a big presence for the prequels and I remember him being so in the forefront in SW insider while they were being made as a teenager

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002