main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWCC Panels and Programming (and Queuing)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Jun 8, 2018.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm thinking Resistance is Sunday as that's the date all the Resistance guests are scheduled to be there (which could be totally meaningless). So I'm guessing Clone Wars gets the traditional Saturday animation slot.

Fri - IX
    Sat - CW & EA/Jedi: Fallen Order (the Battlefront panels have been on Saturday in the past)
    Sun - Resistance
    Mon - TPM 20th, 20th Celebration/Closing Ceremony

The Mandalorian is my big question mark. Could go Saturday and make it a Disney+ day, could go Sunday to balance out the big panels more. Sunday is probably more likely. Plus Mandalorian is the only thing besides IX that might draw an over night, probably won't, but it would be nice not to have them on back to back days just in case.

Got to fit in Galaxy's Edge and ILMxLAB/Vader Immortal as well. So many "big" panels this year!

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I wonder if there will be any individual actor panels. With Mark and Anthony seemingly not coming and Ian and Ray likely to do TPM, I'm thinking maybe not.

3. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm holding out hope until the end that Mark and Anthony will come and do panels even if they don't sign. But yeah, without those two, that just leaves Ray (who's unconfirmed), Ian, and Billy as the panel regulars. I'm sure Ray and Ian could do solo panels as well as TPM but I guess it wouldn't be considered as essential since they'll likely get a lot of focus in TPM. Billy, I love him but he's not the most engaging panelist judging by past live streams. I saw him in Manchester the other year and he had his regular panel host with him (who goes round the world and does panels with him), he was very good at drawing the more fun stories out of Billy, but I think he needs that these days sadly.

If the mainstays don't come, hopefully we'll get some different solo panels. Let's have Hayden do a panel (I know, he's not confirmed either...), maybe a Rebels cast reunion. How about a Maul panel with Ray and Sam? That could be fun!

But, you're right, they have that much content coming they could do away with the actor panels. Hopefully not though, would be sad to see them go.

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Since I'm planning on going to the baseball on Saturday I'm hoping that is animation day, since I'm not into the animated series at all. Then we would have IX for Friday, animations for Saturday, Mandalorian/future projects for Sunday and finish up with the TPM/Celebration anniversaries on Monday.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    His manager reminds me of Saul Goodman. He even calls everybody Chuck.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  6. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    The dream panel
    [​IMG]

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd put money on IX being on Saturday and animation on Friday. In Orlando, didn't we get the TCW panel before the TLJ one?

I really hope it's not Saturday. I got tickets to Friday and Sunday...

8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    In Orlando it was 40th on Thursday, TLJ then Forces of Destiny on Friday, then Rebels, EA/Battlefront & Disney Parks on Saturday.

9. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm certain the TCW panel was on Thursday though - I was there lol

10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Maybe you're thinking of Dave Filoni's Animated Origins & Unexpected Fates panel? That was on Thursday after the opening 40th panel.

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Yes! That was what I was thinking of. Now THAT was an awesome panel!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If I had to bet, I'd do the opposite.

13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Alright, I was just going off the "Untold Stories with Filoni" panel from last time. Honestly there are so many different ways they could do this. If you're right, I bet the rollout will be something like:

Friday - IX
    Saturday - Mandalorian, Resistance
    Sunday - ?
    Monday - TPM

Just wondering where that leaves a hypothetical TCW panel.

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I think they'd still do their individual panels. I don't see the point in making all that effort to come and only do the one panel on Monday.

I'm still holding out on Anthony and Mark to attend. There's still plenty of time for that to be worked out.

Agreed, they're definitely going to kick off the weekend with the IX panel.

Sure, there's a lot of content already coming, but there's still plenty of room for a lot more panels to be had. It's a long weekend, and I'm sure there's plenty of panel rooms available. They'll need to fill it.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    So, let's say TPM panel is revealed to be a good one. Maybe not all of the main cast, but they confirm a big name or two. How long would you be willing to wait in line for it?

16. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Maybe 30 mins

Jk if I didn’t have VIP, I’d wait 2-3 hours tops. Unless they get Portman. Which they wont

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Lol.

Just as a tip, I found in Orlando that if you want to really be in the front as a VIP, that getting in line about an hour before they let VIPs in the room (which is about 45 minutes before the panel starts) would do it. Doing that, the worst seat I had for any panel was 3rd row center and that was only because most of the first two rows were reserved for those. For both Mark Hamill panels, I could actually tap the stage with my foot from my seat. :)

Padme501st and JonSB like this.
  18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Assuming they go with a similar system (wristbands or panel reservations given out at 6am), I'd say 4am? It's a big arena and I'm not really bothered about being right at the front (I know I've no chance of that anyway). Decent view of the screens and in the room for the atmosphere is fine for me.

19. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    If it's first thing in the morning, which it likely will be, I'd have no problem getting there pretty early to line up. If it was later in the day, probably no more than a couple of hours, assuming there isn't much else going on at that time and I've sufficiently done everything else.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  20. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Just talked my fiancé into overnighting with me to go to the episode 9 panel! Woo!

Darkslayer, Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

Darkslayer, Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  22. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It's better than her cutting in ten minutes before they open the doors :p

23. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Still waiting for them to give some idea of how lining up will work especially with Wintrust being a separate facility. Wondering if they will make people wait outside overnight or in the concourses? It will be interesting given the weather in Chicago. I can't imagine it being a lineup outside. Then what will it be like getting back into the convention after a panel in the arena? What do you think?

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Those are the questions we've been wondering for almost a year now. We're probably a couple weeks away from learning the answers.

Edit: 3/22 is when we got the line procedure for Orlando.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  25. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    McCormick gives me the impression they will be much stricter in enforcing their policies as well. Versus Orlando where half the things listed didn't even matter.