main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Swce 2016 noob questions

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Luke4soph, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Me and my partner are attending this year in london and it will be our first time attending a celebration event.
    I have a couple of questions about the event and wondered if anyone who has been before could answer.

1) what sort of time should we arrive as you have to collect tickets on the day and i presume it will be busy?
    2) are there any things we should look for in particular to do certain presentations etc?
    3) ide like to queue for autographs on a poster i own but should i bother if its to busy? Is it worth the queue?
    And finally 4) what should we expect of the whole wvent all together?

2. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    1) It is usually possible to collect tickets the day before as well. I expect they will be open for like 4-7 hours the day before.
    2) There might be a "Main event" at some point, but otherwise just look at the schedule when it is released and attend what ever intrest you. Be adware, that some panels may have hours long queues.
    3) If you have an intrest in autographs, then sure, get some autographs (I know I will), but again, be prepared for very long queues. Hopefully they will use the numbersystem, so we don't have to actually be in the queue for that long, but Official Pix is no longer involved, so I don't know how it will be handled.
    4) Expect a huge crowd, a lot of merchandise (though not as much as in USA), lots of costumers, lots of droids, lifesize dioramas and a lot of fun if you manage to keep your calm and not stress about it.

3. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Thanks for the advice its safe to say were both looking forward to it, is there anyone in paticular you want to meet there and get an autograph off??

4. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    That depends on who will be announced. I am hoping for some from the new movie. I have met all the lead characters from the original trilogy still alive, except from Harrison Ford, but fat chance he will show up.

5. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I was about to recomend some guests you should meet (if announced) but the list just kept going. I have great experiences with all of them. (that i've meet) Really nice and awesome people!

6. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Yh i hope some from the new film sign, ide like to meet harrison to how come he never does signings at celebration events?
    And really nice whos ure favourite you have mey and why?? Who would you say is number one to keet if announced??

7. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    It's just not Harrison's "cup of tea" although he did seam to enjoy Comic-Con and D23 last year. So he might show up at a celebration in the future. (though I doubt it)
    It's so hard to pick a favorite because as I said they were all really nice and awesome. And my list of meets include both A-listers and lesser.
    As for who is number one... That's a personal taste I think. I mean if Luke Skywalker is your favorite character, Mark Hamill is an awesome guy to meet. However if Lando is your favorite you should go for Billy Dee whom also is a very cool man. And so on

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I went to Billy Dee's presentation at CE in 2007 and my friend and I were less than impressed. He seemed 'out of it' and we eventually cut our losses and left to do other things.

9. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    The best 2 actors from star wars I've met so far are Lewis Macleod and Paul harris, both such nice people and great to chat to. I think i would like to meet mark hamill just for the fact he's Luke sky walker and my names Luke haha makes sense

And really LAJ.. What was the celebration in 2007 like?

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It was pretty good, and also very crowded, especially on the Saturday. The Friday wasn't too bad. A friend and I were commuting to the venue from out near Heathrow Airport so we missed some of the morning panels. I think the Billy Dee panel was the low point for us. Mark Hamill was very good. We were in line for a couple of hours to get into that one. The Sunday was hot - the air conditioning in the venue had died. I did get some vendor bargains near the end of the day Sunday though - they'd rather sell stuff than pack it up. Saw Tsuneo Sanda and admired his artwork but his prices were out of my range.

11. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Really! Weve got a hotel booked close by so hopefully we might be able to see some of the earlier pannels.
    Lets hope the air con doesnt break this time round haha
    And nice hopefully i can haggle a few bargains this year then on the sunday!
    cant believe there hasnt been many announcements yet so frustrating!!