main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL SWGFA January 16th event!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JGordon24, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Wyman

Chris Wyman Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2008
    The first event of 2010 has been announced!

The SWGFA will be meeting at a new comic book shop that just opened up called Heroes Landing. Our huge thanks to the owner, Todd Merrick, for opening up his store to us! The physical address for the shop is 12348 Roper Blvd. Clermont, FL 34711. If you have questions about directions, please call the store at 352-242-XMEN (9636).

Day and time:

We'll be meeting on Saturday, January 16th from 5:00pm to 9:00pm.

Food & Drinks:

This will be a potluck style event where everyone brings some type of food to share. Drinks will be available for purchase at the store which includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, Aquafina Water, Orange and Grape Crush, and other similar drinks. They also sell lots of novelty energy drinks like Ghostbusters, Futurama Slurm and more.

What to bring:

? Bring yourself for starters. We want you to come and enjoy yourself with all the other Star Wars fans out there. Bring a friend too!
    ? Feel free to bring items to buy/sell/trade. There will be a limited amount of space for display and swapping collectibles.
    ? Some type of food to share with everyone! (not required for attendance)

501st Legion:

I'm very pleased to announce that the 501st Legion will be in attendance! Be sure to bring your camera!

Costumes:

Everyone is encouraged to come in costume! If you have something you've been working on and you need help, bring it. You never know who might be around that could give you some pointers or even assist you with the construction of your costume.

Store discount:

All SWGFA, Rebelscum.com, TheForce.net and 501st Legion members will receive 15% off all in store purchases. Just be sure to mention that you saw this story!

MegaCon:

A large group of members will be attending Megacon in March as it already has a large Star Wars presence lined up. We'll be discussing our plans for this show as well as our April event.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me at chris.wyman@verizon.net. May the Force be with you...always. We'll see you on January 16th!

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I expect this will be one of our largest meetings to date. I think we're going to see a lot of new faces at this one and I hope you (whoever's reading this) are one of them!

3. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Oh yeah! Should be a huge event, can't wait. :D

4. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I can't wait either. Since I missed the last meeting I don't think I've been to a meeting since Sharon's.

5. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Wow, that's right! That was back in August too.

6. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Quick one week reminder about this event. Hope to see everyone on the 16th!

7. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    This promises to be our biggest event yet. Great timing since this is the Orlando's biggest Star Wars Year yet! Come celebrate the GFA's first anniversary with us.
    [image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/sabacc/Orlando%20System/Logos%20Icons%20Emoticons/GFA3clubs.png]

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    It was indeed our biggest event. Heroes Landing went out of their way to make it a wonderful evening. Attendees brought quite a lot of food including a cake featuring the SWGFA logo. We had a total of 60 attendees, some door prizes, a viewing of the 501st Florida Garrison's fan film, Makazie One, and a lot of fun.

Got Facebook? Check out the group and photos from the gathering here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.