main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWN11 **CREW CALL**

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BPStoyle, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    'Ello boy-os!

Since this year is quite different with me out of town for a lot of this process, and in an effort to get more inclusion in the production process, I am looking for more folks willing to take on some more crew duties. There are positions that need to be filled for filming, for the live show rehearsal process, and one or two that work for the whole shebang.

To get the ball rolling, here is the list of positions currently filled:

• Director: Bryan
    • Writer: Bryan
    • Producers: Chris S., Anna, Bryan
    • Executive Producer: Anthony (because Bisons)
    • Music Coordinator: Steve L.
    • Choreography Lead: Bill R.
    • Locations Manager: Larry
    • Camera, Lighting, Film Sound: Bisons Video Team

Below is a list of all of the open positions, as well as a description of that position's respective duties. Some positions work best for individuals who don't have larger roles in front of the camera, while some may not matter as much. I am also open for different individuals to fulfill some of these roles on the 3 different filming days.

::::: BOTH FILMING & LIVE SHOW :::::

SHOW TRACK RECORDING
    Provide sound equipment and help record during our audio track recordings session(s). We will try to get as much of this done on the 17th as possible. We record all dialogue for the live show as well as the dialogue of helmeted characters who speak in the videos. Bobby and Chris have done this for us in the past, but since I haven't gotten to speak to you yet, I didn't want to speak for you.

PROP WRANGLER
    Goes through the script and marks which props are necessary. Helps the director coordinate what is on hand and what needs to be built/acquired.

::::: FILMING ONLY :::::

1ST ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (1st AD)
    The "Sergeant at Arms" of the set. They keep everything moving by reducing the chatter, keeping track of time, trying to keep the film shoot on schedule, making sure actors are in their correct positions, and other tasks needed by the director. Is in communication with the 2nd Assistant Director on which actors are needed for which scenes.

2ND ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (2nd AD)
    The main liaison between the set and Holding (aka the green room). This person will be doing a lot of walking! They will grab actors from Holding when they are needed for scenes and walk them up to the set. They will also communicate if an actor is late to set or needs more time to get ready (which none of you will because you're pros!). On set, will also help coordinate the movement of some actors during crowd scenes as needed.

SCRIPT SUPERVISOR
    This is great for someone with great organizational skills. The script supervisor assists the camera team by logging every take that is shot. They mark down (either on paper or into an app) what take is being shot, notes about the scene as needed, and if the take was good enough to use in the edit. This information drastically speeds up the start of the editing process later.

CONTINUITY
    This position is great for detail-oriented people! You watch the takes being shot, and compare the lines spoken to the lines in the script. You also do the best you can to watch for actors' movements (when they move, what movements they make, etc.) and guide them between takes to keep as many of those movements as consistent as possible from take to take. This is valuable to make editing as easy as possible.

MAKEUP ASSISTANT(S)
    Since we're getting more characters that involve significant makeup, I wanted to see if members thought having a Makeup Assistant would be helpful for getting ready. Obviously this person would need to have some skill with applying makeup. This may not be *necessary* since I know many of you are vary comfortable with doing your own makeup, but in the interest in getting more people involved (and possibly making getting ready faster/easier), it was worth mentioning.

PRODUCTION ASSISTANTS (PA)
    Production Assistants do all tasks necessary that aren't covered by other positions. This could be moving equipment, helping the 2nd AD make runs to and from Holding when they are on set, standing in for an actor out of frame, etc.

::::: LIVE SHOW & REHEARSALS :::::

ASSISTANT DIRECTOR(S)
    I would want no more than 2 ADs for this position, one may be enough. This/these individual(s) will act as my liaison during the dueling practices while I am still out of town. They will study the script and keep an eye out for how the choreography is plugging into the story in terms of starts and ends of duels and how each duel helps to "tell the story". This position will likely include attending most dueling practices to be available for questions and serve as the "official presence" if anything is required of the location owners (ie. if a room needs to be unlocked, etc.). This position may also include sending out some practice reminders and helping the members with communicating with partners as needed.

CHOREOGRAPHY ASSISTANTS
    This is another position I'm throwing out there to see if anyone is interested. Bill will also get a say in this. Essentially a few extra eyes and ears for Bill in case dueling practices are heavily attended or Bill is otherwise occupied with his own duels or helping others.

REHEARSAL SOUND
    These individuals are responsible for bringing a sound system or amplifier to later dueling practices and show rehearsals so actors can work with the audio tracks. This duty can absolutely be shared among a few people. I know Larry, Bobby and Chris have all done this previously, and if multiple people are on board, I would like to make sure we can share the responsibility so no one is overburdened.

If anyone has questions about these positions, please get in touch with me over email/text/Messenger!

2. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    I am interested in either: 1st or 2nd AD for filming. But will gladly withdraw if there are other volunteers.

AD for live show / rehearsals. I can attend most rehearsals and am happy to organize rehearsal dates. And send reminders/alerts/changes. Again, will gladly withdraw for other volunteers.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    BPStoyle likes this.
  3. jwnikita

jwnikita Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 25, 2016
    As stated on FB, I'm interested in Prop Master.

BPStoyle likes this.
  4. kafitz

kafitz Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2017
    I’d love to help with props or makeup. I have experience in both (less in makeup)

5. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Totally in for Makeup Assistant. I have done a good amount of research on different full-face/body makeup applications and products and also a good amount of research on general makeup. If people are interested, I can also create a lookbook for generic sith and jedi makeup options for both males and females.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.