main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR SWOTR 1.6 Now on Test Servers

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 21, 2012.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  2. Hero of Tukayyid

Hero of Tukayyid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2012
    I hope they will make space combat more like fighter simulation.

3. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    What exactly does a "fighter simulation" mean?.

Hopefully they make a space combat WZ.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That would be cool

5. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    fighter simulation = x-wing / tiefighter stylee

6. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Not that I have done a lot of space combat, but how would that differ from what there is now?

7. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    No rails
    Refined LES (laser, engines, shields) management
    Targeting improvements
    Ability to destroy capital ships

That sort of thing...

It'd be nice to attack transports attempting to land boarding parties on your own faction's capital ships too, that'd add some tension...

Also, as discussed in another thread, SWG allowed multiple characters on one person's starship. This meant that the passengers could fulfil different roles (jump in turret, be an 'engineer' and patch the ship up during combat or put out fires, that sort of thing).

8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    An interesting idea for a space "flashpoint"

9. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Ooh, how about a large fleet battle, you get the imps on the ropes only for them to wade in with a mini super weapon decimating the fleet.

You all jump out of the system to regroup but the imps aren't too far behind. They guess where you are but end up only a short way away. Far enough for you to speak to your CO and determine that you have to take it out here and now.

Back into your fighters, taking out ships on your approach, either you do some Death Star trench style run or you board the ship and take it out from the inside

10. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    1.6 going to live servers Tuesday December 11th. 1.7 coming in February.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    They are really pushing out updates pretty fast. Generally when that happens, there will be a ton a bugs for the first week or so.

Does anyone have any idea whether F2P has brought back players?

12. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Well, that was fast, really fast. And now I'm really worried. I know they said they were moving to a faster update schedule, so that the 1.x updates aren't quite a big deal as they used to be (like with 1.2, 1.3, etc.), but especially since 1.4 things have been... odd. The game is still working, mostly, but plenty of glitches, especially since the update to 1.5, although that also included the conversion to free to play, but plenty of annoying glitches (like logging in sometimes I'm suddenly stuck as a f2p player, despite my subscription, and while logging out and back in fixes the problem, it also resets all my quickbars, which are a pain to rearrange again). When they take down the servers twice a week (early Tuesday and then a day or so later), there's definitely still a few things wrong.

Hm, space missions. Usually I didn't bother with them, too time consuming. Yes, they're only about 5 minutes, but it requires constant attention, whereas most dailies I can do a battle a minute, check something else, then go back to it, and at least then its just button-mashing rather than moving the mouse that much. Where do you ever get really good starship parts, probably cybertech for crafting, but haven't run across that many schematics yet. Well, maybe they'll be worth looking into now.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    While they need to add more content, especially WZs, they also need to tweak the little things the impact game play and add more items to the cartel store.

14. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    You get new starship parts at space ports for grade 1,3 and 5 parts, while the evens are either crafted, mission rewards or bought with space comms.

There's not a lot to ship parts at the moment in all honesty.

15. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I dont do space combat, but how much of a difference do mods make for spaceships?

16. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    A LOT, shield ones make a huge difference as (I think) there is one that determines strength and one that determines regen.

Likewise with lasers, there is one that increases strength of shot and one that increases frequency.

Just buy the highest your level allows and you are fine. There really is no range of space parts, what you see is what you get.

There is one exception... On fleet there is a starship parts vendor. Next to him is a droid who sells stuff for your starship comms. He sells some useful stuff... The best bit is a piece of tech that makes your lasers stronger with slow shield recharge, or lasers weaker with major shield recharge, that is a key piece of tech, get as soon as you can.

There is also an emp device and a proton torpedo tube, and a sort of cloaking device.

Sorry if I caused confusion. There is no depth to what parts to go for, just get the best possible for your level

17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Servers going down tonight. Get ready for 1.6