main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR SWTOR connection issues

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Meyerm, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Here's my situation. I was playing swtor on a free-to-play account without issue last year. I went on a hiatus and uninstalled the game because I have limited space and swtor alone takes up about a 5th of my harddrive. I just decided to go back to it under a new account with plans to subscribe at Christmas, however, now, every single server loses connection seconds in. I barely get to picking my class in character creation when it boots me and says it lost connection.

It says to go to the official swtor forums or support for issues. However, ingeniously on their part, you are barred from using any and all services related to technical issues, including forums, unless YOU HAVE ALREADY COMMITTED WITH A SUBSCRIPTION. That is why I am here.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? And how can it be fixed?

2. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    The issue persists. Every server, regardless of time of day and current population, loses connection anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds after logging on. Gameplay is impossible. Now, since Bioware insists that you have to give them money for you to communicate with other players and ask about not being able to play the game you already payed for, this is my only outlet. I am not subscribing so long as the game is unplayable. This issue is new, and I had no problems in the past. Any and all assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Even just pointing me in the direction of a better source for information would suffice.

3. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Sorry to hear of your issue. I'm playing perfectly fine. It's most likely an issue on your end with your internet, as no one else is really experiencing this. Reset your router/modem, and also try googling the problem. You could also try the SWTOR reddit, if you feel inclined.

4. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Thank you for acknowledging! I took your advice to did some research. I changed the settings of my firewall to allow SWTOR on both public and private networks (was only private before). This is a pc on a private network, so I wouldn't have imagined it doing anything. However, some servers work now. Not all, but some. It's interesting to note that, if I succeed at rush-creating a junk character before connection is lost, it will load and the game will start without issue. Seems as though, now, only servers I don't have characters on yet are an issue. It's an anomaly. I have no idea what the issue there is. It's not completely broken anymore at least, so I GREATLY thank you for that.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.