main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV SWTOR - Star Wars The Old Republic MMO

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gambler, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Well I don't want to post identically what I said in the Star Wars Fans? thread, but I am starting early and looking for those that will most likely be playing SWTOR in the Spring of 2011 (ok, so a year from now). I have already gone over to the site and joined the community and you can have your system scanned for a possible invite to the BETA. Hopefully with those invites are coming at the end of year or so... and any play time I can get from Celebration V it really isn't that far away.

Basically I have played WoW since BETA and dropped it back in December so I am enjoying a break for sure with no plans to return, but one thing I can say lacked late in the game was the enjoyment of playing with others I know. Granted this is by no means a requirement to play an MMO, but knowing who you are playing with chatting/game style etc... helps (at least to me). It makes it easier to get in contact with people to arrange times you will be online etc... None of this... well that guy lives in Hawaii and the only thing I know is he hasn't been on in 3 months. It is always nice to be able to say I talked with Gambler today and he is out of town all next week or whatever. Granted these are things that can be done via Guild websites etc..., but to me it is just nice to know who you are playing with and know what to expect. I am sure we all have friends from out of town and that is why I am starting early in hopes to identify a server and make sure everyone who wants to be part of it can be. Nothing worse than playing for 6 months only to find you are on the wrong server... bored and alone.

Needless to say I am more than ready for this game to come out and while I am certain it will not live up to everyones expectations (because it is Star Wars & nothing lives up to expectations) my hope is it will take at least 50% of the market from WoW and give us more of what we hoped Galaxies would have been.

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Gambler welcome back! Myself and a few of my friends are planning on joining up in SW:TOR once it is released. My roommate actually has a website up, we are hoping that with our friends we have enough to justify a guild. If you would like to check it out you are more than welcome to. The website is click herealso we have a Facebook page devoted to it as well. Just do a search on facebook for "Only the Force"

3. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Very cool to hear... I am looking at Hammerfist Clan who seemed to start recruiting a year ago. I have never been part of any Hammerfist guild in any other games they currently support, but they have a nice following. My hope (unless of course we have a group of 50+) is to find a guild and server maybe we are all comfortable with and have our own division or group anyway. I will check out the site and see how we do over the next few months.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I'll be playing.

5. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    So quite we have become. Well I am still working on my SWTOR Guild. I have joined a guild called The Hammerfist Clan which is a multi-game guild so they have teams across several games (Lord of Rings, Rift, DC Universe, etc...) I have become fairly active in guild and gone as far as making some shirts and business cards for recruiting purposes. Pretty fun as I strike up conversations pretty regularly, but I am still hoping enough of us from Vegas will be playing to better enjoy this game with.

Please feel free to look us up at www.hammerfistclan.com and you can lurk or join the forum without being a member so feel free to come by and read up on us. I post under VegasGambler and you can see pics of the shirts and stuff I have done under my profile if you are interested. We are a SITH guild so that may limit some of you from joining if you are planning on a Republic class, but stop by and say "HI" sometime. We are pretty active group and always looking for new members.

So far I have followed this game to Orlando at Celebration and Seattle at PAX PRIME 2010 and will be heading to Boston for PAX East. If any of you plan on going let me know... I will be there for Sat/Sun probably sleeping at the booth. Anyway, hope to hear from some of you soon... I feel release is not that far away.

6. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Yeah there has been quite a lull in activity. My roommate and I have a guild set up for SWTOR already. They have it so you can join guilds already on their community page. We are going Sith and our guild name is called Twin Suns.

7. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    If you are interested in watching some amature video... I took almost 2 hours worth at PAX. http://www.youtube.com/user/VegasSith?feature=mhum Enjoy!