main
side
curve

JCC Gaming Tabletop RPGs General Discussion (Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, GURPS, etc.)

Discussion in 'Community' started by InterestingLurker, Apr 16, 2020.

1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Currently set up a Roll20 account, got myself D&D Beyond, and am hoping to play a game of D&D 5e.

I have several people that I've talked to that need another player or two, but I thought I'd ask if there was anyone here that might be interested in joining me.

For the record, I know next to nothing about tabletop RPGs except for what I played of Pathfinder (and that was very little). Between setting up my YouTube channel, writing my book, and playing Final Fantasy 14, I'm hoping to also use what time I have to get into tabletop role-playing, which I've always wanted to do. So veterans willing to show me the ropes would be welcome.

To the mods: If we already have a thread like this, then please close this one and point me to the thread in question or maybe merge this post with that one or what have you.

Also, if you're interested in playing a game with me or including me in one of yours, you can tell me here or PM me or whatever suits your fancy.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

2. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
  3. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Folks, meet Rashid al-Abadi, my D&D 5e character for both games that I'm currently in (though they haven't started yet).

[​IMG]

Ain't he a beauty...

He's supposed to be based off of Jesus/Moses/Muhammad/Zhang Jiao/etc. Basically, a bunch of religious populist leaders, kinda like the High Sparrow from A Song of Ice and Fire series. Other than that, he's a Cleric of the Light domain and it helps that I'm reading the Bible (again) and the Quran to get a sense of how a devoutly religious person might view certain things. So yeah, I'm pretty excited and as you can guess I'm taking my upcoming games with my Discord group and the group I found at Roll20 pretty seriously (well, as seriously as I can take what is essentially a new hobby of mine).

If anyone wants to post their character in this thread, they're free to do so!