main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Takashimaya June 8th Look Alike Contest

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I having second opinion on coming today. :( Depreessed over some things at home . . . why can't my family understand my needs just as I tried to understand theirs? :( My presence is no longer needed? Why do I feel so alone, so isolated and only found happiness outside? :(

Man! 1/2 hour more to decide if I should come down . . . :(

2. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    @Hugs D_E@

May be Force be with you. :)

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - I feel sad for your personal problems, but I'm glad that you decided to come down :). Despite your microphone screwing up, I think the occasion was more important and we got to meet many new faces ;).

I'd have to congratulate all the contestants, even those whom I don't know, because it really took alot of effort :), especially Bobafett who of course dressed as bobafett! :D

Faiz, Humsupfett & Korben - Good to have met you again! Korben and Humsup, too bad both of u didn't get to stay, it really was quite fun ;)

JediGenX & JediGod - Glad to have finally met u guys :)

As for the rest (u know yourselves, the older Fanforce members), as usual u all made the event more lively than anyone expected it to be. Hope there'll be more times like this! :)

4. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    Hey I was there too =)

i was REALLY impressed by the Boba Fett suit
    the guy who did Anakin after he killed the Tusken Raiders did a good job with the lines too
    Vader's costume wasn't too bad either

and the guy who was hosting this stuff sucked ****.
    calls himself a fan but called lightsabers 'swords' and called jabba 'yabba' and couldn't even identify which episode was return of the jedi, and thought Luke was arrogant when all he was doing was to look confident against Jabba.
    Jabroni monkey crap

5. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    DE - I was like wanting to wait for you to come but have some appointment that I can't stay on...
    I'm sorry to hear that there's some unhappy happenings at home and hope you are alright now.. cheerio? :)
    You must be outstanding in your Padme outfit, hope you enjoy the day.

Managed to catch lukedecop and Jazz today... nice meeting you and you again :)

6. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    ::Hugs DE too::

Hope it'll all get better. :)

They should really get a better commentator/host/whatever-he's-called...it was Jango Fett and not Boba Fett who fought Obi-Wan in the rain. [face_rolleyes] :D

Congrats to lukedecop and B0baFett! :)

Delight - Get the Luke LEGO minifig, make the Bespin place, then re-enact the 'I am your father' scene, complete with the hand-chopping. :p

7. solidnono

solidnono Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    erm ok i got the photos uploaded into my comp, so should i email u guys or is there any other way to go around it. if emailing is the option, then kindly state ur email addresses in this thread,K? sadly i arrive late and did not hav much photos to present but its still decent enough.

group photos are included!!

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks everyone! :) Guess the thing happening at Taka today kinda raised up my mood a bit. I'll probably drown away all my sorrow in internet and mineral water or at least bully Mini Maul . . . :D

(MINI MAUL: Mistress!! Stop tickling me!!! Heeeheehee!!! Stop it!! Arrhhh, my chocolates!!
    CLEFAIRY: Clef Clef (Muwhahahaha)
    )

I didn't really get to hear what the MC was saying. Some stuffs he said kinda sound wrong and he doesn't seems to know SW at his fingertips.

And somehow he didn't get the que that I did my act withing 30 seconds (was suppose to do the interview immediately after I did my act of rescuing OB1!). But it's okay. This is NOT my best SW or Ultimate Costume. That is being work on still as I want it to be the best (What? 2 years in the running and still at work? :p )

A big Congrates to Lukedecop & BObaFett. You both deserved the awards as you guys, especially BObaFett had worked hard on your armor & Costumes and the presentations. And Chakster & Faiz, don't feel bad on not getting the top 3 cause you did your best. We learn quite a lot of stuffs from making our costumes/armor right? I hope to see everyone's armor/costumes including mine improve further in the coming months and years. ;)

Frankly, like most costumers said, the best gift for me today is the joy we see in the faces of the kids who sees us and the lessons learned in doing our costumes/armor and presenting it. I still remembered the joy I felt when shaking hands and talking to all those kids at the Charity Premiere. The joy in their faces is the best award for me! ;)

So what did you get Chakster and Faiz? I gotten a truck, FX-7 and AOTC CCG cards. [face_plain]

9. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    WOW!!!
    I really enjoyed myself today, even though I only showed up to support those who were taking part in the contest.

I took a whole roll of 36 photos, so erm... when are we meeting for photos again?!??

I managed to get photos of every contestant, but towards the end, I ran out of film, so I didn't manage to get any photos of the award presentation itself.

I can't wait to see the photos that we took later on, outside the Library@Orchard, esp the ones where we kill each other off... LOL!

DE:
    If you need to talk things out, don't hesitate to give me a ring, I'm willing to lend you my listening ears anytime, anyday :)
    In the meantime, cheer up, and I hope you enjoyed whatever was packed in that prize box of yours :)

Lukedecop:
    Congrats, man!
    I thought you should have taken off your peasant poncho, 'cos the inside costume was really quite authentic looking as well!

Solidnono:
    How come every time I want to meet you, you seem to "disappear"??
    Maybe next time? ;)

B0bafett:
    Congrats to you too, man!
    All the time and effort you put into making your costume really paid off.
    Real happy for you!

Faiz:
    Amazing hair, man!
    Could have fooled me into thinking you were really OB1 - haha!

Delight:
    Hope your little Darth Vader heals his hand real soon, and all the best for your fan film. Don't forget to let us know how it goes... ;)

JediGenX:
    Finally, we meet - you should join us more often in future.

10. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Next photo exchange? Haha sometime soon I guess.. I took almost 2 rolls of film, hope they turn out ok. My position wasn't as good as JediJean's :)

11. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Awwwww.... :) Everyone had fun! Little Vader and Little Emperor and Little Maul are chatting happily in the Throne Room right now, completely unaware that Little C3PO and Little R2D2 are outside, waiting to crash their little party.

Lego rules. And so does everyone here. ;)

solidnono, my email is on the email thread, and my profile.

Hope to see everyone soon for the next photo exchange!

12. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    LOL, i'm so sad and down, but who cares, i didnt havea script and the soundtrack i onli chose at that point of time onli...
    (i thought of those lame saber moves backstage...)

oh well...

and yah same thing, dumb truck, fx-7 and aotc ccg booster pack

13. Red-X

Red-X Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Hi ppl,
    *feels abit awkward here* (oh heck..) I'm so sorry that i couldnt attend such an event (not to say that i missed all the fun. dang, family matters :( ) but yeah, congrats to all those who have won :) yah, solidnono, do send me those photos, email's mcsl@pacific.net.sg thanks!

14. B0baFett

B0baFett Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Thank you for all the support & praises, pals. I never expected this thread to be updated so quickly.

This event was indeed an experience. Congratulations to all for the effort in creating our costumes & taking part in the various publicity events.

BobaFett is my favourite character so having a life sized costume really completes my collection. Wearing that suit is a special feeling & somehow it makes the man. But when I take it off, it's little old me again. It's a wonder how our favourite characters can come alive from what were pieces of cloth, plastic & scrape metal.

I got a robot dog which I'm still trying figure out the instructions.

It is really nice knowing all of you Star Wars fans. Let's keep this friendship going up to SW3 & beyond!

I agree with DE; it's really nice taking photographs with people, especially kids. Hopefully this will spread the popularity of SW to future generations. Being backstage, I wished that I could have seen everyone's performance. I heard that the kids were cute.

15. solidnono

May 24, 2002
    ok ive sent out to most of u all ppl and if ion anycase ur email has no pics in it plz PM me so i can send it again. plus im really late for the event so theres only pics of the group having fun.

16. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    B0bafett:
    The kids were SUPER CUTE!!! [face_love]
    Esp Little Anakin, Little Darth Maul and Little C3PO...

I dare not call Little Queen Amidala cute, 'cos she looked quite fierce to me, and she might send her troops after me if I dared to call her cute...**gulp** :eek:

But I really fell in love with [face_love] Little Anakin [face_love]

Solidnono:
    I received your pics, thanks for sending them! So you were the digital camera guy... OK :)

17. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    solidnono - I didn't get the pics...there was an email but no attachment...could you try jedi_clare@fanforce.net instead? Thanks :)

18. solidnono

May 24, 2002
    ok jediclare the email is out already at 4.21pm to ur email address :

jedi_clare@fanforce.net

if still dun hav then PM or put it up on the board so i'll noe

19. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    solidnono - I got them, thanks a lot :)

[face_laugh] Oh boy...I love the Jedi massacre one... [face_laugh]

Too bad I had to leave earlier and missed it. [face_plain] :p [face_laugh]

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I got the pixs Solidnono. Thanks! :)

JediJean, the little Anakin is very cute. And he's a lot more well trained than last year when I first met him during the SCV Max TV Costume Contest at Junction 8. But I wanted to get his contact so can send his dad my copy of his photo. Maybe . . . did Regina contacted anyone yet concerning the contest photos cause she say the official ones kena screwed up. Maybe I can try to get at least the dad's phone no. to ask him where I can sent his son's photo. ;)

B0baFett, so how? Got the doggy working now? :D Just don't use him for target practice too much! ;) Heehee, don't worry, lah! We'll still be friends and coming together till Ep3 and after (hopefully!). ;)

21. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    DE, just sent my photos for processing today, so I should be able to pick them up tomorrow. I don't know how they will turn out though, 'cos I was so excited during the first part of the contest that I might have spoilt the first few photos by shaking and making them blurr :(
    I hope not though...

BTW, what happened with the official photographer's photos?
    How come they were "screwed up"??

22. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    http://www.geocities.com/jedi_clare/jedi_massacre.jpg?

Well, I tried. ;)

23. solidnono

May 24, 2002
    hey tats cool!! funny too! wat software did u use to make it? photoshop? if so, how did u make the lighsaber look so 'real'?

24. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    :p

Adobe Photoshop, used white airbrush for the middle, then colour airbrush for the sides, then white airbrush for the middle again. :D

25. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    I have this theory that JediClare is actually a Sith Lady... she's actually Darth_Clare. [face_plain]

I'm very proud of her evilness... Bwhah hah hah hah hah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.