main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Take Your Daughter to Work Day - Vader/Leia - Author Thank You

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RebelMom, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Ack! I was reading this inbetween typing up a post of my own and eventually abandoned my writing because I couldn't put this down (?)

I loved it! Loved how Anakin was being Vader behind Padme's back and how he had to go to those meetings [face_laugh] You know, you could continue this and I wouldn't be the slightest bit dissapointed ;)

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I can honestly say I?m shocked at the response I?ve gotten on this. It took me half an hour to write replies. When I came up with the idea it was so out there?I thought for sure my beta would think I?d gone crazy (thus my comment about the fried brains.) *smacks head* I forgot to give thanks to my beta, Jedi2B. I want to thank everybody for reading and responding. I appreciate it.

KELIA
    That was priceless.

I just loved Anakin's 2 meter rule...typical Ani!

What I would give to see The Emperior actually being zapped repeatedly by Artoo...

Great job on this

Since there isn?t a Toto in the GFFA, I used Artoo.
    It would be pretty cool to see Artoo zapping the Emperor.

Kelli_LB
    ?I need you to accept the fact that I will never turn to the dark side.?

?But you don?t know the power??

?Yes I do. Every time I look at Palpatine.? Luke shivered. ?Yellow eyes, excessive wrinkles, sulfur-like body order, halitosis. The man is a walking advertisement for the dangers of the dark side.?

This was so funny, I love the "two meter rule". The above quote was one of my favorites; it's very funny, and very true. Good job with this story.

I wasn?t sure if the 2 meter rule was funny or stupid. From the responses, I guess it was funny.
    I?ve always wondered why anybody would want to turn to the dark side after seeing the Emperor.

ShrunkenJedi
    *howls with laughter*

Oh, good lord... too many good moments to name. Palpy getting zapped by Artoo in Wizard of Oz style... Leia using, shall we say, unusual methods of interrogation and Anakin finding out... Luke skipping out to Dagobah... Anakin's Dark Sider's Anonymous meeting. Just hilarious. Great job!

Thank you. I?m glad you enjoyed it. I?m not much of a comedy writer, but this one just got a hold of me and wouldn?t let go.
    Mira_Jade

Words (Or emoticons) cannot express how much I enjoyed this fic. There are simply too many things I liked, I'd be reposting the whole story if I listed them.

"Two meter rule." Had to be one of the top ones though. Same with Vader applying anti-age cream. He doesn't want to look like Palpatine. Heeheehee.

?Lord Vader. Please let me interrogate him. I can make him scream. I can make him beg for mercy,? Leia pleaded.

He took her hand and walked her out of the cell. ?I don?t know about this, Leia. You seem to have become overexcited about torture. Part of me is pleased, but if your mother found out. Well, she doesn?t see it the same way.?

Oh, so now her father pulls the concerned parent act. ?Don?t worry about me, Dad. I know what I?m doing. And Mom will never find out.?

Funny, unbelievably so.

?Don?t you want to know what the question is??

?Oh yeah. Good idea.?

Now it's priceless. Poor Han.

Wonderful!

~MJ
    I always like to know what caught your attention. It helps me when I write. Sometimes I?m subtle and I like to know if it was caught.
    DarthIshtar
    That was probably the funniest thing I've red all year.

Vader chuckled. ?I see. I would have had better luck turning you to the dark side with a bit of sibling rivalry.?

Thanks ? it?s the funniest thing I?ve ever written.
    Layren
    ?Neutering any male who came within two meters of me,? she replied matter-of-factly. ?It?d be a damn shame.?

This time Han paled. He swallowed and said, ?Okay, Your Lordship. I?ll sign the contract.?

Excellent job, Rebel Mom, best laugh I've had on the Saga boards in a good while
    Glad to help.
    JediVegeta
    Rubbing his temples in frustration, Luke said, ?Stop with the denial, Dad. Look, can you lose the mask? I?d like to talk to you face to face.?

?I?ll die.?

Luke rolled his eyes. ?You will not.?

That was my favortie exchange I think, for some reason. I thought it was funny! LOL! Excellent story! I loved all of it!
    that was my twist of the death scene. Thanks for reading.
    EquestrianJedi07

That was brillian

3. chloe2102

chloe2102 Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2006
    Hysterical!

Anikin: "he touched your buns?"
    Leia: "what?"

I loved it!

4. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. I got the best laugh today.

5. DarthNaughtious

DarthNaughtious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh my gosh, there are so many funny things in this story that I don't think I could mention them all. It is such a humorous yet unforced retelling of a basically tragic story that I'll just have to applaud you, and leave it at that.

=D= =D= [face_clown]

6. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    That was really fun, and I loved all the little lines from the movies written in there.

8. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    ?Lord Vader. Please let me interrogate him. I can make him scream. I can make him beg for mercy,? Leia pleaded.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Go, Leia!

9. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    glad you liked it.
    thank you. glad to help.
    I had read another humorous story and started thinking it would be interesting to try one. there is so much angst I wanted to be different.
    thanks
    I figured that adding the movie lines in odd places would add to the humor.
    It was inevitable. Any Han and Leia fan would agree.

10. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    This was so hilarious! [face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

This is one of the best things I have read in a long time. I've read a lot of good things, but this was incredibly funny and well-written! If you ever expand it--or do a 'take your son to work' day--or a whole meeting of DSA--well, PM me. This was great.

11. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Hey! This was really, really funny! I loved it when Luke told Leia her dress was on backwards. And you tell me I have a weird sense of humor. I think this beats mine. [face_laugh]

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    ROTFKMAO!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was great!!! I especally love Leia's particular method of interrogation, as Mara's attitude. "No, but she does Jedi . . ." That was priceless :D

This isawesome!!!

13. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I think I'll retire from extreme comedy. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    It was the sun. It fried my brains. ;) I did the whole Han and Leia thing from the perspective of a H/L shipper. What would you have done if you saw a half naked Han chained to a wall? [face_devil]
    *wonders about doing a half naked Luke*

I figured that Leia isn't your typical torture. She doesn't like to hurt people, plus she was faking out Dad. Thanks for readin.

14. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I don't know what made me click on this today when I have no time at all to be reading stories, but I did (maybe the Force is strong with me for once), and it utterly turned around my otherwise grim and gloomy day. Thank you SOOO much for importing the sunshine!!!!

*still laughing real tears... *

15. loosewire

loosewire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2006
    That was HILARIOUS [face_laugh] I loved it, there are so many sections that made me laugh...

?And Leia??

She turned around, schooling her features to look serious. ?Yes, father.?

?Don?t you want to know what the question is??

?Oh yeah. Good idea.?

[face_laugh]

=D= Oh, I needed a good laugh. Thanks! :D

16. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    OKay, pick me up from the floor already, someone! I think I've come close to dying of laughter.

I'm not sure which one was the killing blow: Anakin using face cream, Luke being jealous of Leia's "destiny", Mara's tendency to kill people, or Anakin's fear of the state of Leia's buns...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    You are welcome. Enjoy the sun while it lasts.
    Glad to help.
    *picks Leia up off the floor*
    glad you didn't die of laughter. Didn't think about adding a warning - maybe I should have.

18. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    RM, this gave me my laugh for the day!!! Leia's methods of interrogation are certainly.... interesting! And Han taking exception to the "indecent exposure" charge was hilarious.

So now they have to get married. Good! It's certainly better than the other choice.

[face_laugh]

19. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Glad to help, DM.

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful honor you have bestowed upon my little bout with insanity. I appreciate it.

Co-Winner of Best Humor in the 2007 Fanfiction Awards

You are all the best.@};-

20. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    OMG, how did I miss this? I have got to get back to checking Saga regularly. :oops: I'm so glad this story won an award, both because it deserves it and so I could find it easily. Awesome stuff from beginning to end, RM. I almost fell off my chair laughing. :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.