main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL "Take your flag down" they told us....

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Oct 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001

"Take your flag down" they told us....

Yes, its true ......I am a college student at the University of Central Florida. Recently my Apartment complex (University Club) has asked everyone to remove their flags from windows and out side of their apartments. They said that is was an order from the corpaorate offices. When we, the residents of University club, repsonded to this with a signed petition of 130 signatures, they stated that we have to take down the flags outside or apartments and that Apartments are only allowed to post one flag in their window......I must be honest..I have three in my one small window. Its insaine I say!!!

I will never take down my flag and I encourage others to post their flags as loud and obnoxious as possible!!!!!! We are americans and we should be proud of that!!!!

2. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    As a proud member of the U.S. Navy let me be the first to say you are my hero! My goddess none the less!!!! Remind me to bow down before you if we ever meet.
    Govener Bush just signed into law a bill that I beleive prohibits that sort of thing.
    If I am willing to kill or die for their corperate greed the by God let my Old Glory fly every where.
    Screw them.
    Buzz.
    "I'm not worthy to walk in Ia-Bou's shadow."

3. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    You should post this in the JC Community...

Dang, why are all my good ideas too late?

4. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    Way to go girl!!!!!!

Keep ol' Glory where she belongs. If they threaten to kick you out, you can counter with an offer to sue for constitutional rights.

I still say this is the United States of the Offended. Don't lke our patriotism? Pack your bags.....ect.

5. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Amen to that! Show your pride and patriotism for this country. If someone has a problem with our flag and colors, then they can do themselves a favor and look the other way. ;)

6. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    Rock on with that, I know where the University Club is, I'll bet they don't bitch when someone puts up their frat banners huh? Corporate bastards.

IA-Bou, whatever you do, do not eat from the Knights pantry on campus, at least not from the grill, trust me.

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I have heard of this same thing happening in offices and apartment complexes throughout the country. Everyone is afraid of offending a few people.

In Miami, two firemen refused to ride in a fire truck because there were several American flags attached to it. When asked why they were offended by the flag, one of the firemen said that the American flag represents oppression.

If our flag represents oppression to some people, why are they even here? Why don't they go live somewhere else if America is so oppressive?

I'll stop now, before I go off on a rant. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.