main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Tale of a Jedi: Volume 1 - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Chapter 12
    WoW, that was wonderful. Ben'al is a little confident in his abilities, isn't he!

Chapter 13
    HOLY CRAP!!! WOW!!!!! that was intense! Am totally speechless (and that is saying something for me :p)

ohohohohoohohoh, need more right now red, I want to know what happens next

*Big soulful Wookiee eyes pleading pathetically for another post* "O_O"

2. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    obi ew? I'm truly speechless Red! That was so vivid I felt as if I were watching it on tv or at a movie. I could almost feel his pain. Wonderful! Bravo! ?? [face_blush] So you enjoyed it then? 8-}

Keeper of Swords? Excellent Combat! ?? Thanks! I hope it stayed interesting since this story has been one duel after another.

PadawanKitara? WOW WOW WOW ?? That?s good, right? Either that or you just burned yourself. :)

Calantha? Wow! That was intense! Your action scenes are just wonderful....not to be redundant, but wow....you're absolutely incredible, Red. ?? Glad you enjoyed it. [face_blush]

Wookiee? HOLY CRAP!!! ?? It just strikes me as odd that that is a good thing. ;)

Well, everyone, this has been a fun little ride but in a few moments the last post of this volume will be up. Whew! Then in the coming weeks the aftermath with begin in Volume 2, the tales in the Jedi Temple.

But first I need to scratch a literary itch. First is a Winter Holiday short story?really it is only five posts! :D I do have the first draft complete. It is a short with Obi-Wan and Anakin. For Tale fans there is a little story and hint about upcoming storylines in future volumes. It will include the story of Amot Kiir from the first post of this story and Ben?al Houk.

Then I need to work on Wild Knights and Reminiscence a little since they have been terribly neglected of late.

Sometime in January there will be Tale of a Jedi Volume 2: The Birth of the Sith Killer (or How Much Trouble Can You Really Get Into in the Jedi Temple?) A teaser will be up in a few days.

Thank you everyone for being patient and sticking through this story with its long periods of dormancy.

3. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Fourteen

In a less than regal sight, the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic?s limp arm was slung over the broad shoulders of Master Sollus Leeu. The Jedi half dragged the barely conscious man in her need to keep caught up with Kakasha Girn as he rushed through the maintenance bays. Red soaked bandages cut from her tunic sleeve wrapped Tollis Ahrsgard?s battered face.

The Paka slowed, shifting to better support?carry?the Alderaani man as she doubled her step from one station to another.

Quiet since her battle with the Fury, Amare remained close to her master. Her green lightsaber blade splashing a vigilant glow across her stressed face. The blade tip trembled slightly; the wound inflicted by Sceadu on her arm was taking its toll.

Sollus? large amber eyes looked past the politician?s lowered head to study the girl. No being, Jedi or not, should have to face such evil as the three Furies and yet this day she faced two of them, ridding the galaxy of one. Amare had acquitted herself well against the beasts, both Ater and Sceadu. This would be highly praised in her official report to the Council.

Amare should be recognized for her contributions this day. In the long run, many lives would be saved with the Sith witch?Ater?death.

Moving ahead of the two female Jedi, the tall Kashinai man strode forward. His white haired head twisted about, the series of small ridges in the center of his brow were highlighted in a pool of white light that shown down from the high ceiling.

To her side, Sollus spied the shimmering blue hull of the Bolimar transport. ?Perfect,? she whispered, her eyes lighting up with mint condition ship.

The tall, Kashinai man stopped, his even gaze found the body of the young Sith that had accosted Ben?al a few meters before a wide door. Slowly, he twisted to face the Paka who also saw what he did. Then with the turn of her head, she nodded toward the ship. He followed her gaze to the iridescent blue that seemed to possess its own internal glow. On the belly, near the cockpit was a golden emblem, a serpent that appeared to be swallowing its tail, the mark of the Royal House of H?tarsis. ?It belongs to the Verosian Federation.?

?Then they will not mind if we borrow it,? Sollus said. ?They are aligned with the Alderaani and the Lord Chancellor?s house.? She blatantly ignored the tall master?s disapproving look. Protocol and etiquette could be discussed later, before the Jedi High Council until they were blue in the face. Their options here were limited. Dragging the softly whimpering politician with her, she headed toward the ship. After only a few steps, she paused and looked back at Girn. She had no fear of splitting the team up again. The Sith had retreated, their job done or more likely, they were ordered away. The Chancellor was meant to be found alive, for what purpose she did not yet know. ?Go. I will have the ship ready when you return.?

Girn tipped his dark chin to her before breaking into a sprint and closing the distance between he and the doorway that lay ahead.

?Go with him,? Sollus said softly to her padawan. ?Make sure they get back here quickly.?

Amare?s lavender eyes met the Paka?s concerned look. ?Yes, Master,? she obediently replied before following after the other Jedi.

?Now, Your Excellency,? Sollus said in a brighter tone as she jostled the man, pulling him higher onto her shoulder.

The politician groaned softly.

?You will be traveling in one of the finest crafts in the galaxy.? Reaching out with a large paw, she called touched the Force and activated the landing platform controls. ?A far better ship than that flying tank you arrived in. Certainly more elegant and befitting someone of your position. The Verosii certainly know how to travel well.?

Sprinting across the floor toward the wide doors, Girn offered the fallen Sith barely a glance. Ben?al?s powerful presence was written all over the scene and it heartened him to know that his padawan had made it that far relatively unscathed. Yet, there was another que

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    ?Master,? Ben?al whispered, the syllables drawn out and slurred. ?Not meat.?

That was..... :_| How could you Red !?

Beautiful, heartbreaking, stirringly emotional post! I don't want to wait for the next volume!

5. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    :_| poor Ben'al....I have the feeling that he is just beginning to feel the pain.

Ohhh, this was excellent Master. I can't wait for January :D

*claps hands enthusiastically*

6. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    obi ew? How could you Red !? Beautiful, heartbreaking, stirringly emotional post! I don't want to wait for the next volume! ?? [face_blush] Poor Ben?al, but at least you don?t have to worry about him living or dying. Yup, you have to suffer. It wouldn?t be any fun if you didn?t have to wait.

wookiee? poor Ben'al....I have the feeling that he is just beginning to feel the pain. ?? You think? 8-} Maybe the real question should be: Do you think it humbled him any?

7. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wow, Red, those last two posts were incredibly entertaining. The fight between Kavara and Ben'al was especially well-done - you weren't kidding when you said it was intense. I loved how caring Ben'al's Master was of both his physical wounds and of his dignity.

You asked if someone thought this will humble Ben'al at all. I think maybe just a little - but it's going to take a lot more. Why do I think Lord Jathra is up to the challenge?

Looking very forward to Volume II!

Shaindl

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Humbled Ben'al? [face_plain] [face_laugh] I think it will just p--- him off!

9. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    :p I tend to agree with you O_E, I think he's going to want vengeance, even though it is a very un_Jedi emotion - that is just Ben'al.

I, too, cannot wait for the next volume :D

10. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    A very powefull finish indeed.

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Holy smokes - what an exciting two posts. The fight scene was incredible especially when Ben'al pierced himself to kill of the Sith. Whoa! Didn't see that coming!
    And then the Dark Lord swearing revenge. Beautifully done and very exciting...

Great job and I look forward to more adventures!

12. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Just a note: I have started posting a 5 chapter story, my response to the Winder Holiday Challenge.

A Gift of Warmth

You will get to see an event mentioned in this volume but told from the inside in future volumes told from a distant, outside point of view. Even Ben'al shows up briefly.

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    So the whole thing was a show to remind the puppet chancellor who was really in control? RRK- you remain the master of the roller coaster ride!

14. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    :eek:
    Wow. Can't wait for the next chapter! (And we all know how much trouble our Obi can get into, but how much did his ancestor get in to? :D )

15. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    PadawanKitara? So the whole thing was a show to remind the puppet chancellor who was really in control? RRK- you remain the master of the roller coaster ride! ?? Roller coaster ride? Wait until you see Temple life. ;)

ca tron? Wow. Can't wait for the next chapter! ?? Lucky you! A new volume will be up within the week.

I am halfway through the first draft of the first post now so expect Tale of a Jedi: Volume 2 The Birth of the Sith Killer to start soon. It will be in its own thread but I will post a link here.

Oh and there will be new posts to WK, Rem and a whole new story (I am crazy, I know) called The Muzio Gambit all coming up this week.

16. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    oh GOODY!!!!!!!

Happy Happy Joy Joy

:D :D :D

17. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    The Muzio Gambit sounds like a killer story! :D But don't go actually killing the knight, or you'll make us cry...as usual [face_laugh]

I'm bouncing in excitement. The Wookiee must be rubbing off on me :p

18. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Wookiee?Happy Happy Joy Joy ?? So are you happy or what?

JadeSolo?The Muzio Gambit sounds like a killer story! But don't go actually killing the knight, or you'll make us cry...as usual ?? What is it with everyone not wanting me to kill off a certain knight? You take all the fun out of it. 8-} ?? I'm bouncing in excitement. The Wookiee must be rubbing off on me ?? Oh dear! [face_shocked] I am not sure that is a good thing.

As promised, here is the link to the next Volume in the life of Ben?al Houk.

Tale of a Jedi: Volume 2 The Birth of the Sith Killer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.