main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Tales of the Jedi appreciation thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by darklordoftech, May 27, 2013.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I don’t have that view because the Original Star Wars Encylopedia [before Prequels] classified it thus:

Dark Jedi: A Fallen Jedi who has turned to the Dark Side of the Force. Example: Darth Vader.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Saw my image link was broken:

[​IMG]

3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Before Maul, there was Kun. Staff saber belongs to Exar. :p

4. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    This is one of the many reasons I was not-so-wowed by Darth Maul in Phantom Menace. Exar Kun already had a double saber in TOTJ.

Nom von Anor and Kato Sai like this.
  5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    At least Maul getting Kunesque saber gave us hope that Legends coukd end up in canon.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I had the image printed on a t-shirt. It's awesome.

7. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    There were also similar references to the EU in the ANH Special Edition, like Dash Render's Outrider in Mos Eisley. The problem with Special editions is that the director can start getting fickle with adding and deleting stuff and then they result in more versions.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    That's true, they can do so much that without a bonus dvd or blu ray you would never know.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Exar Kun: Wielding a saberstaff before it was cool.

Nom von Anor and Kato Sai like this.
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    And Maul gets all the credit. Sounds like Steve Wosniak and Steve Jobs.

11. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    TOO TRUE^^^

Kato Sai likes this.
  12. Justin Gensel

Justin Gensel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 11, 2018
    Major shout out for the appreciation being given to the Tales of the Jedi series on these boards. While not perfect, they set the stage for a lot of later Jedi lore and provided an interesting look at what a flourishing Jedi culture was, at a time when that was still largely a big question mark in the minds of many fans. The designs that went into the ships and clothes were excellent, though I feel like the lightsabers suffered from a feeling of 'same-ness' in hilt design. It was also interesting in that the initial approach taken was that Jedi and marriage was not a taboo, but as we saw with Andur and Nomi, exceedingly difficult. Andur's training never took a back seat and it caused his wife a lot of anguish as a result. It actually makes sense why future Jedi might discourage such a thing, as why would you want to cause such unhappiness in someone you care for? I would love to see these stories get touched on again in the future movies, shows or games. There's so much here to mine, it would be a shame to reduce it to obscurity

13. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Tales of the Jedi brought me back to comic books in the early-90s. I have had the benefit of interacting with some of the creative minds who put it together. The Sunrider Naming Controversy has been part of the problem in bringing forward new material. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sunrider_naming_controversy

There was a cancelled Nomi Sunrider novel. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mandorla

I hope that Marvel Comics, Lucasfilm, and Disney see the importance of the storylines. And definitely, KOTOR and Old Republic moved the era forward and connected the era to Dawn of the Jedi.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  14. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  15. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Did you know Nomi Sunrider has a song?

16. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
  17. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I love this cover^^^^

18. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I must confess. I wanted to marry Nomi Sunrider in high school. :cool:

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    You and me both.

20. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Article from 2016 discussing Old Republic movies. And Game of Thrones is mentioned. It is only a viewpoint from 2016.

And for historical anecdotes, a Boba Fett standalone film is mentioned in the article.

‘OLD REPUBLIC’ MOVIES WOULD BE THE ‘STAR WARS’ EQUIVALENT TO ‘LORD OF THE RINGS’ OR ‘GAME OF THRONES’
    By Christopher Marc
    October 17, 2016

Link: https://thegww.com/old-republic-mov...lent-to-lord-of-the-rings-or-game-of-thrones/

And who could forget the first Tales of the Jedi tradepaperback cover art?

[​IMG]

The more rare Freedon Nadd Uprising slim trade had a unique Dave Dorman piece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    The cover art is still as brilliant today as it was then.

22. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Dave Dorman and Hugh Fleming! Dark Horse had some brilliant artists to start the launch of their SW titles.

23. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    They sure did!!!!!!

24. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Is it just me or has the Great Droid Revolution (4015 BBY) article at Wookiepedia expanded? This motivates me :)

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Droid_Revolution

The Great Droid Revolution, also known as the Great Droid Revolt, was an uprising of droids on Coruscant which occurred in 4015 BBY. It was during the Revolution where Jedi Master Arca Jeth learned the technique of short-circuiting a droid by using the Force. One of the memorable instances of the Revolution was when Juggernaut war droids battled Republic rocket-jumpers over Monument Plaza.

After the rogue assassin droid HK-01 was finally captured, the Republic spent many years recovering from the attacks. Droid designers and manufacturers then turned to weapons developers to work on ion weapons that would short-circuit a droid's electronic systems. The result of this conflict would be an end to the budding "droids' rights" movement for a time.

These events were later chronicled in the book Conflagration: An Eyewitness Account of the Great Droid Uprising.

Jedi Knight88 and Darth Caliban like this.
  25. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Was that before Kotor 2 because in the game I recall you can stun ,disable ,and even destroy droids with the force.