main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Tales of the Jedi continuity

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's funny from a in and out of universe perspective how much of KOTOR Sith are very Lucas like Sith in terms of Rule of Two and the Apprentice taking down The Master.

2. I still love the art of this comic the old comic book art fit well with the age of the Galaxy

3. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    ok this is a bit crazy but the egyptian visual cues for the Sith as well as some Lucas ideas from Archives: The Prequels got my head spinning and out came this hypothetical backstory:

Lucas backstory as of the PT once involved the Sith ruling the galaxy before the Republic/Jedi. That Jedi lived among them and emerged in that time of darkness as peaceful monks and slowly champions that would change the world and free it from Sith grasp in the Ruusan Reformations.
    TOTJ backstory and style has the 5000BBY Sith egypian-esque and the 1000 year later Jedi Order greek/roman in style. There are not only visual paralells to real world history but also some story elements comparable.

Now, consider this: How much of Moses backstory might be hidden in the Jedi-Sith backstory?

The enslaved people of Moses under egyptian thrall, Moses raised as an egyptian with his "brother" a Pharao. Moses leading them into an Exodus upon learning his true origin and opposing his "brother".

Imagine the Jedi as a peaceful monastery and their people suffering under Sith dominion, being enslaved. One day the Sith find and raise a Jedi child as their own and he grows up with a Sith brother who will become reigning Sith Lord. Yet as the Sith raised Jedi learns of his true ancestry and peoples suffering, he decides to help them and tries to find a way out of Sith dominion. Hunted by the Sith in pursuit he finds his true brother among the Jedi outcasts and they manage to escape the Sith by parting the near impenetreable chaotic space of the Unknown Regions via the Force so they could pass and the pursuing Sith would be swallowed up by the anomalies behind them. Finding safe haven on Exegol the Jedi grew until they would face the Sith again one day.

The staff with witch's help and the Force they parted the space anomalies might even be Ahsokas from the Rebels finale then.

While TOTJ was never as clearcut as a homage, I still see story snippets in how Ulic, Cay and Exar form a brother trio much like Mooses, Aaron and Ramses. Also some elements from Golden Age and Fall of the Sith Empires Daragon storyline may apply here as well as the NSWs Kerra Holt tales.

AusStig and Golbolco like this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

ColeFardreamer, Dawud786 and AusStig like this.
  5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So the Jedi will sing deliver us?

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Some Acyoltes play "Playing with the Big Boys Now" song...and I'm all for it.

AusStig and ColeFardreamer like this.
  7. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I actually quite like the idea of Abrahamic prophet stories happening within the Sith Empire at various times. Not Jedi, but groups of people devoted to the light side emerge, decry the evils of their Sith overlords etc.

IG: @jedisufism

ColeFardreamer and AusStig like this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Would be very Star Warsy ...classic Rebel Underdog against evil power.

Dawud786 and ColeFardreamer like this.
  9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    That would be interesting, but they all fail I take it?

I think it would be interesting to see the Sith as a small cult that rises up.

10. i always believed Palpatine paint chambers from Revange of the Sith represent a battle from Tales of the Jedi maybe the Exar Kun war

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021
    ColeFardreamer and AusStig like this.
  11. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    The visual dictionary did say it was the depiction of an ancient war between jedi and sith.

12. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    I’m retreading TOTJ now & had totally forgot the Sith character who lives for ages and moves via a mechanical armature - just like Palpatine in TROS

13. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    The TROS novelization actually names that contraption after King Ommin.

14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

it was a nice nod

Dawud786 and darklordoftech like this.
  15. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    You caught me, I was high on the soundtrack of Prince of Egypt when reading SW!

You never know what Youtube already did...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=star+wars+prince+of+egypt

Had no time to check all for best ones but there should be some.

Gamiel and AusStig like this.
  16. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I dont think they need to have failed.

Let's just take the Moses example, the Israelites didn't fail, but did end up invaded more than a few times. The Jesus movement became something different once it merged with the Roman Empire. The Muslims changed when rulers began emulating the practices of Byzantine and Persian monarchs and generally sought their own power and wealth instead of the teachings of the Prophet.

It's probably better to consider similar stories as having a pre-Jedi vs Sith counterpart in the galaxy.

I think it would work in Legends, however, with the Sith empire prior to the Jedi exiles becoming Dark Lords.

Shoot we have a Flood story in Myths and Fables!

17. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I think the Jedi as an Israelite type people could be interesting, seeking to leave the dark empire (maybe even a bit Noah and get away before the Sith destroy themselves.)

Gamiel likes this.
  18. Did Arca Jeth and the old Jedi knew the same shamans that Qui Gon meet to become a Force Ghost? how the shamans or the whills become lost?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2021
  19. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Likely during the dark age, when the Jedi took over the Republic.

20. [​IMG]
    Love this image Sedriss Ql a Ulic Qel-Droma descendant kneeling over Palpatine

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2021
    Gamiel likes this.
  21. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Is he really, who did Ulic have a kid with?

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Official Star Wars Fact File listed him as a distant descendant. Perhaps in the Lightsider prequel story to Dark Empire II they would've explored Sedriss more, but it was canceled.

23. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Not everything is in Lightsider that could be. But maybe Ulic had no kid but his DNA stored and Sedriss is a clone or strandcast?

Iron_lord and Golbolco like this.
  24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well sure thats possible. But from what little we know its more likely he was simply a descendant from that family line, maybe not necessarily from Ulic but from a relative. Although its possible he could've sired illegitimate children at some point whether as a Jedi or Sith, why not.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  25. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Rather descended from Cay Quel Droma than Ulic then I bet