main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Official *Tales of the Jedi* Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I wonder if they are going to use Titmouse Studios. They did an amazing job with the Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures that it really is a shame that they aren't doing anything else within star wars

2. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    Anything close to Visions is a non-starter for me.

3. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Not going to lie, I was hoping for some KOTOR-era stuff about the ancient Jedi and Sith. But I am pleased with what we got. I'm especially looking forward to the Dooku and Qui-Gon episodes.

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    While this series should have covered multiple eras, even with just a focus on the prequel era, the series will not be reaching its potential.

There are a variety of Jedi that got little spotlight in TCW (and many are dead post TCW).

Then you have the 10 year gap between TPM and AoTC that has had very little Jedi content. I’m glad we are getting young Quigon with Dooku, but there are also plenty of potential more stories to tell pre-TPM in the prequel era.

So by having two of the Ashoka episodes focused on her early TCW days and also another post Order 66, it just feels likes a waste. We have seen plenty of both those versions of Ashoka.

Why not give some other jedi the spotlight? That could lead to this show having multiple seasons too.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'm guessing that the Clone Wars-era Ahsoka stories they have left to tell will pay off in the Ahsoka series.[/QUOTE]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The Ahsoka centric episodes of this series is really the only reason I'd have it so early on my radar. I'm glad I know I'm not alone in that.

BadAcrobat likes this.
  7. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I was lucky enough to see this panel in person on Saturday, and it just might be my most anticipated upcoming series now. While I would like to see more stories beyond the prequel era, the Dooku / Qui-Gon dynamic has long been something I've been hoping to see, and I'm definitely curious about the third of the Ahsoka stories, which seems like it'll take place some time after the end of the Clone Wars.

Also, the first episode they showed with baby Ahsoka was quite good, not much dependent on dialogue and more focused on atmosphere, tone and emotion.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So the Ahsoka episode of her with her family on Shili is unrelated to the episodes focused on some adventures post-Clone Wars?

9. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    It's the first time we've seen the OG Ahsoka on screen since 2020. That still scratches an itch that the live action version just doesn't quite do for me yet. A nice surprise and bonus as far as I'm concerned. This isn't some big new series, fhs, it was just Filoni scribbling down some stories on the plane and LF deciding to turn them into shorts.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    People can hate on the house with the mouse all they want, but you've still gotta hand it to Disney to give their SW crew ample budget to feel free to run wild with their stories. If only Dave had this much power back during the latter years of TCW; we could've seen the likes of Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir in full animation rather than having to merely read about them in comics and novels.

11. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    It appears the three Ahsoka episodes are each stand alone stories:

- Her as a baby and her relationship with her mother before being discovered by the Jedi
    - Her time at the Jedi temple, seemingly before she became Anakin's apprentice
    - A story post-Clone Wars / pre-Rebels, apparently encountering an Inquisitor

I think the Dooku / Qui-Gon narrative might also span a significant stretch of time. There were two concept art pieces for younger Dooku, one without his beard (maybe in his 20s), and with his beard (maybe in his 40s). Perhaps the first episode shows his dynamic with Yoda, then another with apprentice Qui-Gon, and then the last being closest to the PT, with his decision to leave the Jedi Order? Those are all just speculation on my part.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Having Liam come back for this is super cool though

13. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    It seems Filoni was drawn to the parallels of Jedi falling to the dark side (Dooku and Anakin) while their apprentices choose paths independent from traditional Jedi doctrine (Qui-Gon and Ahsoka).

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Not sure if baby Ahsoka will have a voice outside of googoo gaga (or similar murmurs to Grogu); but I know I've read on the strong possibility that Ashley can at least reprise her role VA'ing the older version of Ahsoka.

15. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Right, baby Ahsoka doesn't have any actual dialogue, but there's still plenty in the episode to demonstrate her mother's impact, and Ahsoka intuiting the Force for the very first time.

Filoni made a really resonant observation after the screening of that first episode, but I'll hold off on discussing it until after it premieres for everyone else.

Mostly Handless and Slater like this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ashley could also serve as narrator if the early Ahsoka stories are more like flashbacks with Ahsoka reminiscing.

Shaak Ti and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    When was the last time Ashley voiced the character

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd assume Season 7 of TCW.

19. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    This is correct.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh lol I completely forgot about season 7. I thought it was Rebels lol.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Ahsoka was IIRC 3 by the time Plo Koon found her. Generally speaking 3 year olds are somewhat conversant. That said, it's possible she was only conversant in Togruti and not in Galactic Basic at the time. I mean, if the writers even think to put that amount of thought into it.

Mostly Handless and Shaak Ti like this.
  22. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    She's pretty clearly less than a year old in the episode.

[​IMG]

23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Welp, looks like they've retconned earlier TCW if that's the case.

24. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I'm not seeing Plo Koon in that image, so what's the contradiction?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wait until the show actually comes out before we complain