main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Official *Tales of the Jedi* Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope we get anthology of Jedi, sith and all other normal people. 12 different episodes.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Which is a shame honestly, because after TCW and Rebels I think force-powers and lightsaber duals arguably work better in animation than they do in love-action.
    Would love this too.:)

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    These are not the tales I’m looking for.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The tales of the Mortis gods and force Priestesses.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  5. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    If it is going to cover established characters, it could be interesting to see a story touching on events that used to be covered by Tartakovsky's Clone Wars, like Anakin's knighting and Ventress' revelation, or the comics, like how Anakin got his scar.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, Matt Lanter reportedly voiced Anakin recently, which was most likely for this project, so we're probably getting some TCW content.
    Hopefully most of it is in hitherto unseen eras though. Old Republic is a must with this title.
    Would dearly like to see Luke's order, and Rey and Finn post TROS as well.

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Prestige and budget are also overrated.

Star Wars Resistance was the best Series they ever made and it was low key as heck...undercut by not getting a 3rd Season...But honestly the best thing they've made.

Best characters, best world, best story.

Honestly i think the less something has "Prestige and budge" the more it's gonna be creatively driven and have less eyes on it.

Heck I'd argue that "Smaller" projects like She-Ra 2018, Owl House, Amphibia (Really any Disney channel show) is ten time better and more ambitious than any major Star Wars project for the last 10 years....Honestly really any Star Wars since 77

Basically every single massively budgeted and prestigious live action thing in the last decade don't hold a candle to so called "Children animation shows" like She-Ra, Owl House, Amphibia, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, etc etc etc

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2022
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What if Matt Lanter scenes in this could be him right before TCW and him become a knight. Him as a padawan even. Him as a force ghost scene with Luke in post ROTJ - ST era. I wonder if he could do a youngling Anakin.

Luke and his small Jedi Order with Ben Solo, maybe hint at more to come. Rey and Finn as Jedi, hint at the future with new Jedi and new Republic. High Republic episode with master Yoda and his jedi younglings. One special episode Called tales of Old Republic.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  9. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I'm not even gonna speculate at this point. With a title like "Tales of the Jedi" the potential possibilities and scope are endless. I'm very interested to hear what's said about this series at Celebration.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

AusStig, wobbits, Sarge and 5 others like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Star wars The Clone Wars is the Golden standards and thats a fact.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nah, Forces of Destiny and Droids set the gold standard.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Galaxy of Adventures, shorts.

14. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    The animated section of holiday special has always been the gold standard for star wars animation!

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Then that's a sad state on what Star Wars fans think is "Good"

Yep best characters, best story...Honetly the most invested i was in any Star Wars series.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The Clone Wars is the Golden standards yess. You got both GL and Filoni's Influence and storytelling. The Mandalorian arc was one of the best stories told in Star Wars. If think clone wars is bad i feel sorry for you. Resistance was bad to ok show. Main character was a Jar Jar kind stupid character. The world building was nice tough.

17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    To each their own. I doubt you'll find many who'll agree with you on that, but it's nice to hear that someone liked it.

Personally I've never managed to even finish Resistance.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah...But I think GL and Filoni are mediocre storytellers.

Also who gives you the right to make objective statements

I think Resistance is the best

So at the end of the day...none of us our right.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2022
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    GL and Filoni are great storytellers and have ideas. Not the best directors. Everything we got got on tv since Clone wars has been Filoni with GL influence.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well that's your opinion ...not a fact.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2022
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I say the tv shows he has made has made Filoni being great storyteller and with great ideas a fact. He is now on Mandalorian and making more great storytelling.

22. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    I'm pretty sure you're joking, but The Story of the Faithful Wookiee genuinely has my favourite animation of any SW product.

PymParticles and TCF-1138 like this.
  23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I adore that short!

PymParticles likes this.
  24. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I haven't watched Resistance. I saw a few early episodes but it didn't hook me in. Please, what eventually makes the show special (and when)? I am missing a SW fix til Kenobi, and I need convincing!

Also, I sort of agree about storytelling/tellers. Everyone has their time and keeping one's own storytelling relevant to everyday life is a very difficult task. But there are elements of GL and DF's storytelling which still tap an emotional nerve (with me and maybe others). Which stories evoke a "good" judgement depends on time, place, culture and person...

25. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I’ll echo the sentiment that I didn’t care for Resistance. Which is disappointing because after TCW gave us Maul and Rebels gave us Thrawn, I was really hoping that the show would be able to expand on the First Order and really create a cool new antagonist for the Sequel Era. Didn’t get it unfortunately and I get the sense that Resistance was a filler series more than anything.

AusStig and Sarge like this.