main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Tales of the Jedi series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RafSwi7, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The fact is he did it once...and there should be consequences for it. Not just 'he's sorry and won't do it again'.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So the consequences for someone reporting a person they believed to be a criminal to the authorities should be?

Thinking a bit more about it, the Empire would be very attentive to control of information. They would keep the holonet running, but as a means of monitoring and control. All to maintain the image of the Empire they want to portray.

Individual planets will be isolated, unable to access the wider, more accurate picture. Travellers from other worlds would require a service running or wealth enough to fly independently, either will be a limited group of people.

Finish this off with a sophisticated propaganda campaign and it's easy to see why someone would trust the Empire. They have no way to even suspect anything.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    AusStig and Vialco like this.
  3. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    [​IMG]
    Six years!
    But I just reported a Jedi! I didn't do anything!
    Take it up with the Emperor.

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    ForceNexus is arrested for being a smartass and sentenced to 20 years.

Shortly after this, the entire TFN boards vanished.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    Alpha-Red, Sarge and Vialco like this.
  5. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I agree completely - could we not take it one step further and extend that same logic to Ahsoka? If Visions is as 'real' as any other story despite being non-canon, why couldn't the novel also be 'real' even if a 'competing' story comes along? Applying a "only what's on screen is canon" overlay is perfectly fine as a headcanon, but Lucasfilm thinks in "based on a true story" terms. It's the discontinuity between these two modes of thinking that raises fan hackles when this sort of thing arises.

6. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I think you missed the point I was making. I don’t feel bound to an ‘official line’ by the story group when that official line is, for practical purposes, not incongruous with my interpretation. Just like you don’t feel bound by Visions technically not being in a ‘valid’ separate timeline according to the official line. I don’t like the whole “based on a true story” for fictional media. I don’t think that’s a big deal.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  7. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Thinking about the Inquisitor a bit more, if he wasn’t from a new species, then he reminds me more of a Kyuzo like Embo from TCW than he does any other alien. I don’t think it’s specific why he wears a mask in the TV series. And it would be a cool reference since Embo’s based on the same concept art Lucas handpicked to be a reference for Plagueis years ago. But I do think this is all unlikely and he’s probably just from a new species.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    Vialco likes this.
  8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Finally finished watching this. Overall not bad, though there wasn't anything that really blew me away. At times it felt like I was just watching episodes of TCW. I definitely thought the Dooku episodes were the highlight of the series.

- I was kinda surprised they had Dooku working for Sidious as early as TPM.
    - I was a bit confused with the ending of Practice Makes Perfect. I had a feeling that the episode would be building up to Ahsoka facing off against clone troopers for real during Order 66, but then I remembered she had left the Jedi Order before that happened. So....I had to look up on Wookieepedia how the scene fit into continuity, and apparently it ties in with Bad Batch which I haven't watched yet. Oh well, guess I'll figure this one out later.
    - Anyone catch that Ahsoka's alias was "Ashla" which was the ancient name for the light side of the Force in Legends?

9. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    The last scene of practice makes perfect leads into victory and death, the final clone wars episode

10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Practice Makes Perfect ties into the last episode of TCW when she and Rex are trying to get off the Venator.

And Ahsoka used Ashla as an alias in the solo book.

11. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    I really liked both, the Ahsoka as well as the Dooku arc, but i really wonder about when "Practice Makes Perfect" takes place.

Had the impression not long after the Clone Wars movie, but that doesn't really match with the Clones already wearing the Phase II armor.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  12. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    It takes place through a procession of points in time, think the progression of the Clone armour was the point.

13. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Yes, but the episode depicts a relatively short time set after Ahsoka becoming Anakin's Padawan. And iirc a lot of arcs in TCW, which happened after the movie, had Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka acompanied by Phase I Clonetroopers.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  14. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    The episode begins with clones in Phase 1 before moving to Phase 2 to indicate a timeskip.

15. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Trying to remember the initial TCW timeline.
    How close to the movie is lightsaber lost? Cause Practice Makes Perfect kind of has to take place after that at least because of Tera Sinube's role.

16. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Does it? The clone armour as well as Ahsoka's blades change through the episode to indicate a lot of time is passing.

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Weren't people complaining a lot about this contradicting the Ahsoka novels or something? I'm not sure what that's about, but some goof regarding clonetrooper armor has to be really minor by comparison.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Pretty much, but it wasn't just you confused by that ep AR, I just saw it a few weeks back. So this is all very deja vu.

Alpha-Red and Darth Caliban like this.
  19. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Has anyone linked any of the background Jedi at Katri's funeral in Choices with characters from the novels and/or Dooku: Jedi Lost? Some are known (Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, etc), but there were other new character models that I hope we see again.

20. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I'm holding off on animated unnamed characters for my "Naming the Unnamed" project.

21. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    With celebration on the horizon I’m holding out for a season two announcement. moor Jedi Dooku would’ve go a miss.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    As much as I enjoyed jedi Dooku, I hope that any further seasons focus on other jedi, so that they too can be given more depth and characterization.

Though I admit I also hope future shorts will have different themes ie Tales of the Sith or Tales of the Bounty Hunters, or maybe take inspiration from the old books and go for a "Tales from ___" style.

Ghost, Alpha-Red and Jedi Ben like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope for a full animated Dooku show with Qui-Gon....

PimpBacca and darklordoftech like this.
  24. Hopefully if there is a Season 2 or 3 of Tales of the Jedi they will dedicate a few Episodes to Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma it would be a good way to Give Tribute to the original characters of Tales of the Jedi Comics and after all this Show is called like the Comics i also think that Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma existed in the New Canon although i would like to see a 2D Animation like Visions for this Story instead of 3D CGI like TCW Style Exar Kun is the first Star Wars character to use the Double Bladed Lightsaber i can Dream
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2023
    Dawud786, Alpha-Red and AusStig like this.
  25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011