main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Tales of the [Jedi, Empire] series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RafSwi7, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    With Filoni ideas and others teams behind it i have not mutch doubt of it. It's all part of Filoni's stories he want to tell on tv. Also Filoni with animated shows that has force users expands on the force. And this era us perfect for Filoni to go crazy with mortis gods, force Priestesses and more, WBW.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I am cautious about this.

I love TotJ and would love another adaptation. But I have been burned on comic adaptions before.

This should also be very easy to adapt, you have the comics which are a storyboard and the radioplays should give them it on a plater.

But often people making adaptions either don't get or don't care about the themes or characters of the work they are adapting.

TotJ is "high-fantasy" where the jedi are court wizards and more like a loose club. The Sith are evil wizards in a very real way here, a Jedi and (sith cultist) even have a wizard duel in a battle. So I hope that is kept.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  3. Herald of Lotek'k

Herald of Lotek'k Jedi Padawan

Jun 17, 2021
    If this is a faithful adaptation and not a new story to supplement the High Republic Era, then it could open the door for more new Legends content if it succeeds at grabbing a ton of new fans.

Jango_Fettish and AusStig like this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You know...Possible this could be a Rey Animated Series ....Like i've said Young Jedi Knights and Jedi Academy would make good templates for Rey Post Sequel Trilogy.

Instead of Luke facing the ghost of Exar Kun have Rey do it.

5. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I'm a little late to the party here, but I'm fairly unconvinced that this is real. And the main reason is that, as pointed out earlier, the font and text for the title is exactly the same as it was for the comic series of the same name. They didn't change it even slightly?

Sure, maybe it's just a sign that this animated series will be faithful to the source material, or that it's a straight up adaptation of the comics. But while Lucasfilm will recanonize Thrawn, or have Boba Fett escape the sarlaac, very rarely will they just straight up recanonize a Legends story completely.

"But JediBatman, what about the upcoming KOTOR remake?" Ok, you got me. I'm not sure if that's strictly New Canon, but if it is, that would be an example of Lucasfilm just straight up recanoninzing a whole Legends story. But speaking of the KOTOR remake, if you compare the title text from the announcement video with the title text of the original 2003 version, they've changed it a bit. It strikes me as suspicious that they'd do this for KOTOR, but not TOTJ. (spoilered for picture size)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

But for me, what really seals the deal is that if you look at the other pictures from this leak, it says "Indiana Jones 5". No subtitle, just "Indiana Jones 5". Maybe it's a working title, but then why put it on a gift for Lucasfilm employees? Either it's fake and the hoaxer was being lazy, or it's real and whoever comes up with movie titles is being lazy.

Amon_Amarth, MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I sadly COULD believe this

JediBatman likes this.
  7. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I do believe James Mangold said that they haven’t got a title for it yet and it won’t be decided for a while.

It was similar to Logan if I’m remembering correctly. They didn’t settle on the title until shortly before the first poster/teaser, going with ideas like “Wolverine 3” “Weapon X” “Logan: Weapon X” to finally settling on Logan.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The TOTJ logo actually is slightly different. Same overall look, but there are differences.

9. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    The font is different for the most part. It's a subtle difference, but the font on this logo is the same as the one used for the old school Return of the Jedi logo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah this is likley happening with more hirings for new animated project. And i think it will most likley be a High Republic project.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Indeed! Which works very well given that that was what inspired the TOTJ logo look to begin with.

(and since I've always hated the THX ROTJ logo from the mid/late 90's, I'm happy so see the proper ROTJ logo be evoked wherever possible)

Dawud786 likes this.
  12. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I have a coffee mug with the old school ROTJ logo but with the Star Wars logo box like the TOTJ logo. I love it.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Like this?

[​IMG]

Dawud786 and The Positive Fan like this.
  14. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Yes! But white on the mug.

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Those are all good points...

...but if so, then where did the fancy custom record player come from? Would someone really go through the trouble to make something like that and then be totally lazy with the titles and fonts?

...I just don't know what to think on this one...

16. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    I don't thinks someone made a record player from scratch, I think they photoshopped a Lucasfilm logo onto an existing record player.

I'll fully admit I could be wrong and this could be legit. It's just that I remember when people claimed that aurebesh graffiti at Galaxy's Edge said "Mara Jade Lives", and posted a picture that turned out to be fake.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This is totally different tough.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  18. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Because . . . ?

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This on an official box set sendt to an employe off LFL.

20. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    . . . what does that have to do with anything? My point is I'm skeptical because I've seen photoshopped, faked leaks in the past. That is all.

AusStig likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Dosen't really look photoshopped and with LFL hiring another studio to make animations seems pretty likley.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    True.

I have to admit I was certainly expecting someone to have found the original image that the logos were photoshopped onto, or to here from Lucasfilm employees that they received no such thing, and only seriously started to consider it when no such debunking popped up. Not that I am 100% convinced or anything either, just...not sure.

JediBatman likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This might be one of these accidental leaks by LFL.

24. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    The fact that the logo is evoking the original TOTJ series but it's not quite the same says to me that it's purposefully calling back to TOTJ, which makes me optimistic for some kind of adaptation of the original comic, like others have said, give it the TCW treatment (but hopefully better), to expand on what we already have, or at the very least adapt these timeless stories for new generations.

It doesn't even have to be part of the new canon, it could just be made to tie-in with the new KOTOR remake, which i believe it's not going to be made Canon and they are going to keep the story as it is, after all SWTOR is still going, there's no reason they shouldn't keep using the Legends Old Republic Era if it's still producing new material to this day (even a cinematic trailer! and we all know how popular those are) i think this is a good sign since it would indicate that LF is not afraid to "confuse" people by having both Canon and Legends have proper exposure.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    AusStig likes this.
  25. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    If we don't hear anything more about this by the time Celebration comes and goes this should probably be chalked up to another false rumor.