main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Tales of the [Jedi, Empire] series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RafSwi7, Dec 23, 2021.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Nah it totally breaks canon and is a major retcon, etc./s

Ok thanks

MercenaryAce likes this.
  2. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Well, he looks the same from TPM to AOTC, which is a decade later as well.

Let's just say he looks forever 30's :p

Slater, AusStig and Foreign32567 like this.
  3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    It's taken Samuel L Jackson a long time to age. That man is 73 and looks great.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Well this is how he looked as an apprentice in the Comics.
    [​IMG]

The question is then when did he shave his head?

I actually kind of hope he's not on the Council in the series, for starters that risks messing up my head canon timeline for Council seats, but it would raise questions such as when he trained Depa Billaba (Who's age is already wonky cause of the Master and Apprentice Book), and how young he was made a Master. But then if he feels comfortable speaking down to Dooku he's probably a Master already.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  5. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t know if I have commented on this yet but despite the name I am still excited for this show

7. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Same here, hopefully it leads to a season two with more traditional episode lengths.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have wanted something with Dooku and Gin since forever

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I have to admit, I do wonder what their whole dynamic was.

10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    The way Filoni spoke about it at the panel was really interesting, that he felt a lot of Qui-Gon’s positive traits came from Dooku.

11. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Dooku does seem like someone who would stand up and act if he felt the need. He also wouldn’t just go to the flow of what others think and would encourage thinking for oneself.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    Golbolco, Ghost and MercenaryAce like this.
  12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Filoni also implied that there was a very genuine, paternal relationship between Dooku and Qui-Gon. I suspect there’s going to be a lot of sympathetic/tragic moments in these episodes.

13. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Dooku and Qui-Gon's relationship being genuine has always been the interpretation across legends so canon following up on that isnt surprising. It just follows from how he talks about him in 2. His affection for him was obviously real.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    Riv_Shiel, MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  14. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Might we get finally Qui Gon's date with a Shaman(ess) of the Whills? This series seems to be another shot that potentially could feature such a Mortis-esque Force Priesthood.

Maybe we even get to see how/if Dooku had a similiar stint during his more arcane researches and how/why he influenced Qui Gon into that direction.

And I hope a future episode deals with the Potentium Heresy and Thracia Cho Leem and Vergere if they dare bring them back in the background somehow. Would be fun in canon without the future baggae of said character (yet).

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  15. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    That's good. I feel like a lot of pre-fall Dooku stories overegg the pudding a bit, making him such a giant jerk that it is wonder people weren't just counting the seconds until his fall to the dark side, much less the amount of trust the jedi council have for him even after he left and formed an anti-republic party.

Admittedly, these stories seem to be about why he fell, but it would still be good to see some positive qualities, like TCW does for Anakin.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I hope we also get a “Tales of the Sith”.

MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  17. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    I think that would have been a better title for the original TotJ prequels, it's not as though Odan-Urr was in any way the main character.

Golbolco and Dawud786 like this.
  18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    They probably meant “Tales of Ulic and Nomi”. Also, the Great Sith War was going to be the Krath War until Anderson got involved, and I can see why they didn’t call it “Tales of the Krath”.

Golbolco and AusStig like this.
  19. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    It made sense for the original stories, I meant specifically Golden Age of the Sith and Fall of the Sith Empire.

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    That does sound like a fun one.

Makes me wonder how far we could take this. Tales of the Republic? Tales of the Mandalorians*? Tales of the Smugglers? etc and so on...

*Come to think of it, I am surprised we didn't get an obi-wan and satine episode. I wonder why they decided to focus on Ahoska and Dooku...

Golbolco, AusStig and darklordoftech like this.
  21. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    While i doubt we will get Vergere featured in Canon material, much less A/V, picking up the Potentium heresy and giving them a new spin to potray them in animation is a great idea, something similar to that could be seen, and it's a shame TCW didin't explore much of the relationship between the Jedi and other stray Jedi groups, even the TCW tie-in novels delved into the concept more than the main series with Ahsoka meeting Callista's Jedi group.

22. TheMastersSkywalker

TheMastersSkywalker Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2020
    I'm sure this is a dead horse on here by now but I'm so conflicted on this. I mean its the same name same logo same font as the legends comic that he had to know what he was doing or at least had someone say "Hold up, don't you think this will give fans the wrong idea?" before going through with it. And then on top of that its not an anthology that shows say the High Republic which is a big thing right now or Rey and Finns stuff after the ST or anything about Luke post Jakku, no its more of what we've been getting. More PT era Jedi and more Ahsoka. Heck half the series is focused on Ahsoka with two of the stories already being stories we know. At least the Dooku stuff will be interesting.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

24. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Judging by leaked trailer,
    Yaddle is going to fight Dooku. Wonder if it means that he killed her shortly after TPM.

25. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Maybe there is more to it after all and despite being set in the TPM leadup era, each episode has ties back to the comics era and characters somehow hence warranting the name and title card. Like a story told to little Ahsoka, flashback insert. Or a site, culture, etc. from the comics appearing. Callbacks to its stories paralelling modern characters to TOTJs own.

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk