main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Talk of TROS ending being re-filmed?.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by maranatusIX, Dec 16, 2021.

1. maranatusIX

maranatusIX Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 9, 2021
    Now, I haven't seen any cured concrete evidence of this actually coming, but maybe there is, and I'm just missing it.
    Still, I thought this post would have potential.

The talk swirling around, is an actual lightsaber battle between Ray, Palpatine, and Kylo. With Kylo having a more active role in facing Palpatine, to show he truly has been saved.

Other things are, a clone of a younger Palpatine.

One thing I'm getting from the comments in these articles, is that people very much want Anakin to be the one to end Darth Sidious' once and for all. To better tie the trilogies together.
    Weather true or false, what are you thoughts on this?.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I would watch a different ending, but I don't think those proposed changes would make for much of an improvement. I'd prefer something fundamentally different.

My suggestion: Rey's healing powers were played up throughout the movie, so she should use them. She takes pity on her twisted and broken old grandfather, and she heals him. Her healing purifies him from the Sith alchemy that was keeping him alive, and he dies peacefully and immediately of old age. It's a totally ordinary and natural death, with no room for essence transference or Force ghost/clone receptacle shenanigans, he's just gone forever.

Yes, I'm holding my breath in great anticipation. :emperor::emperor:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    He could just tell her that Luke tried to kill him once. That's all it took for her to pity Kylo.

Def Trooper likes this.
  5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Santa that’s not what I asked for…

Darth Smurf and PendragonM like this.
  6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Watching the film, I get the impression a single ending was never decided on when writing the movie. Instead numerous ending possibilities were all filmed. Then in editing a mishmash of the different ending elements was put together for the finished film.

7. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    They clearly had a plan.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    I feel like they’ve more or less admitted as much over the course of the various interviews.

9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Because of that the ending might not have been refilmed so much as lots of options were shot knowing full well not all of them would be on the finished film.

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I hear Finn and Jannah will storm in with the other ex-stormtroopers, lightsabers in all the colors of the rainbow (except red) drawn and ready.
    In response, Sheev's cloaked followers all draw their own red blades and the most epic lightsaber battle in the history of the galaxy ensues.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    Seagoat likes this.
  11. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Can't be. There will never be LS battle more epic than this one:
    [​IMG]

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Somehow the Rise of Skywalker resolved.

13. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Onward, to the DCU and Superman!!!!!

(Hey, remember back in the day how JJ was going to write Superman/Justice League? The one where Luthor was revealed to be a Kryptonian, who was working with the US GOV, to track down UFOs cuz he knows Kal El is coming and wants to stop him because he hated Jor El. God. That was insane. lol)

14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think TROS needs that rumoured directors cut - insert the above scene and insert the deleted scenes as well as definitely getting those force ghosts in.

TadoFett likes this.
  15. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Yeah… not going to happen in my opinion. DLF are never going to formally admit they got the ST wrong, which a wholesale recut of TROS would kind of reflect. Besides, I don’t think a recut will save TROS as a film… the issues are baked in. Also - happy New Year everyone… :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    Shadao, wobbits, GunganSlayer and 7 others like this.
  16. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    CUT TO: MAN in SONIC SHOWER
    SHOWER DOOR OPENS
    LUKE: "Hey Mara, I've had a strange dream..."

TITLES ROLL

UKS

17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The Abrams Cut will feature 25% more Han Solo-style jackets. It will be even easier to relate to the characters and root for them in the battle against Lord Snoke, I mean Palpatine.

18. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    What alternate takes they have must be limited by the rushed nature of the production anyways, and frankly, the kinds of massive, story-altering alternate takes that people on different sides would want wouldn’t be the kinds of things the different creators and executives would let the other guy put in the shooting part of production.

And as you said, there’s no way LFL would ever eat crow on the ST - particualrly since, what crow there *is* to eat, would likely lean more towards TLJ and TROS, the films they most approve of or were more involved with.

Darth PJ and EHT like this.
  19. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    The only acceptable recut would be eliminating Palpatine from the story completely. But since that will never happen we have to live with this abomination.

20. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I'd love a TROS equivalent of a Zack Snyder Justice League. More time, more thought, and more McDiarmid.

chris hayes likes this.
  21. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Rumor at the time was that Matt Smith was gonna play a Sith acolyte that Palpatine transfers himself into and then Matt Smith Palpatine was gonna fight Rey and Ben with 2 sabers.

Its possible they decided later on just to restore Palpatine to a point that ian mcdiarmid could just carry it to the climax. And with that decision, it removed the saber fight.

But then it doesn't sound like Matt Smith actually filmed anything, so i don't think it counts as a re-film.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    RetropME likes this.
  22. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Correct. Matt Smith didn’t even have a costume fitting… so his character never got as far as apperaring in a shooting script let alone unused footage.

RetropME and godisawesome like this.
  23. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I'm not being silly but I think I could have wrote a better ST than the one we got - If LFL or Disney want to do us a favour and an apology extended cut of TROS to try and give us a much better version then they should stop mucking around an announce it !

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    Glitterstimm likes this.
  24. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I think many people could have written something better.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The writers themselves could have written something better... if they had taken the time to sit down together, make a plan for the whole trilogy, and stick to it.