main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Tampa Star Wars Club

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JGordon24, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Wyman

Chris Wyman Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2008
    The first event of 2010 has been announced!

The SWGFA will be meeting at a new comic book shop that just opened up called Heroes Landing. Our huge thanks to the owner, Todd Merrick, for opening up his store to us! The physical address for the shop is 12348 Roper Blvd. Clermont, FL 34711. If you have questions about directions, please call the store at 352-242-XMEN (9636).

Day and time:

We'll be meeting on Saturday, January 16th from 5:00pm to 9:00pm.

Food & Drinks:

This will be a potluck style event where everyone brings some type of food to share. Drinks will be available for purchase at the store which includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, Aquafina Water, Orange and Grape Crush, and other similar drinks. They also sell lots of novelty energy drinks like Ghostbusters, Futurama Slurm and more.

What to bring:

? Bring yourself for starters. We want you to come and enjoy yourself with all the other Star Wars fans out there. Bring a friend too!
    ? Feel free to bring items to buy/sell/trade. There will be a limited amount of space for display and swapping collectibles.
    ? Some type of food to share with everyone! (not required for attendance)

501st Legion:

I'm very pleased to announce that the 501st Legion will be in attendance! Be sure to bring your camera!

Costumes:

Everyone is encouraged to come in costume! If you have something you've been working on and you need help, bring it. You never know who might be around that could give you some pointers or even assist you with the construction of your costume.

Store discount:

All SWGFA, Rebelscum.com, TheForce.net and 501st Legion members will receive 15% off all in store purchases. Just be sure to mention that you saw this story!

MegaCon:

A large group of members will be attending Megacon in March as it already has a large Star Wars presence lined up. We'll be discussing our plans for this show as well as our April event.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me at chris.wyman@verizon.net. May the Force be with you...always. We'll see you on January 16th!

2. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Quick one week reminder about the above post! Hope to see everyone on the 16th!

3. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Just a quick heads up to anyone who might actually be reading this, the Tampa Star Wars Club under the SWGFA title will have a Fan Table at Celebration V in the Fan Fair Hall. Be sure to stop by and say hello!

4. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Hey we should hook up again. We are kinda backing off of "Legion" activities for a while, but CV should be off the chain. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

5. Padme18

Padme18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2005
    How do I join the club? I live outside Tampa and would love to join you guys.

6. CurlyHayami

CurlyHayami Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    I don't even know if one is around anymore-after CV though maybe a person or two is around:)-I'd love to join.

7. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Hey guys, we are very much around! I've just sent you both info about the Tampa Star Wars Club which is part of the Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance. Hope to see you at our next event!

8. Padme18

Padme18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2005
    Thank you. I met some the GFA at CV. I was e-mailed the info on the event in October and hope to go.

9. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Excellent, see you there! :D

10. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Looking forward to making this event.

11. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Just a quick reminder:

Orli Shoshan (Shaak Ti) and artist Robert Hendrickson will be at the last Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance state wide event of 2010 this Saturday, October 2nd from 5:00pm to 11:00pm at Emerald City Comics in Seminole, FL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.