main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tapatalk plugin is out of date

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jcgoble3, Jan 22, 2014.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Tagging Grimby for this.

I am having issues with push notifications on Tapatalk, where I am not receiving notifications for watched threads. I contacted a developer on the Tapatalk support forums about the issue and was told that this forum's plugin was quite out of date and that that is the likely cause of my issues. If someone could update the Tapatalk plugin to the latest version ASAP, that would be appreciated.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Grimby's been on reduced time due to Darth Real Life, but hopefully he can look into this when he's back.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The worst Tapatalk issue is how it cuts out numerous posts in every thread. It happens way too often.

4. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i cant tapatalk someone plz help

Zapdos and Ender Sai like this.
  5. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    And now email notifications have COMPLETELY died. I haven't received an email notification in six hours, despite several posts to watched threads and a few PMs. I've checked to make sure that emails are enabled for them and they are, so it must be a server issue of some kind.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I've been getting them without any issues, FWIW. I'm using TapaTalk Pro.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Are posts occasionally missing from threads on your version of Pro?

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I hate Tapatalk. If only this site had a mobile version!

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm using Pro also. Once I set up push notifications, I typically receive the first notification (of all-time) for each watched thread without issue, but all future notifications for that thread either never come in or are delayed by an hour or more (usually they don't come in at all), even if I've viewed the thread on both Tapatalk and on a computer. PM notifications sometimes come in quickly, are sometimes delayed for a long time, and sometimes never come in, all with about equal frequency (though today it's been trending more toward not coming in at all).

Not that I've noticed, though I don't typically browse old threads on Tapatalk. I just use it for keeping track of new posts in watched threads and conversations when I'm away from a computer.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, there are error messages in the server log for the mail server. I've emailed Grahame (Philip's server person) about the problem. Normally I'd have caught it earlier this morning but I'm fighting off the flu and this is my first shot online today. Looks like the problem started last night.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Update on the mail issue - Philip installed a new mail server yesterday and it's not playing nicely with us for some reason. Grahame has put us back on the old server til he can talk to Philip.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

david this thread is about software, not literally talking to your tapas, which im sure you do in a "pro" fashion

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Any progress on this? Watched thread notifications are still coming in on a several-hour delay, for the minority of posts where they come in at all. I'm getting PM notifications right away, though.

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Grimby is still on reduced time, I'm afraid, and I don't know how to update it as he's been doing that. (I don't use the product).

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    So, I don't know if this is a related issue or not, but I just started having this problem today. My participated threads are not showing up. All I get is an image on the page that says "No Topic".

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I have this issue also, and only on this forum, not on any others.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    There hasn't been an update to the mobile app or the site plugin in the correct time frame, so at the moment I'm not sure what could be causing that.

19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Actually, the last update to the Pro version of the app (at least on Android) was version 4.5.0 two days ago. That update contained numerous changes and fixes, so it is quite conceivable that it could have also broken this. It could possibly be a case of choking on the size of these boards, since none of the other forums I use with Tapatalk are anywhere near as large as the JCF.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Aha, yeah, that's probably the culprit. The iOS version hasn't been updated yet.

21. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    We are now operating on Tapatalk plugin version 2.0.3. For whatever reason, the last update email I received was back in January for version 1.9.

HanSolo29 and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Thank you for (finally) getting to this. I will see if that fixes my notification issue, otherwise I'll go back to the Tapatalk forums for more assistance.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We are also having an ongoing issue with the Elasticsearch software. Searches aren't working, nor will you see your latest posts if you look at your profile. Your problems could be related to this.

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...still not showing, so maybe there is an issue with that? I don't know...I'll see if it straightens itself out after that has been fixed.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, the search is still broken and probably will be for awhile. So it could be still causing your problem.