main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Task 8] Rules and Instructions-- Please read first

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by droideka27, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Task 8 is going to be a bit different than the rest, because you guys are going to work together to create a product. You will be co-writing a story.

So here are the rules:

1. All story posts must be in the story thread here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=17312904&replies=0

2. Your post must pick up where the post above you left off, to continue the same story line. You can change aspects of the story, but it needs to read AS a story. It?s not that hard ;)

3. All posts must be at least 200 words. And yes, I?ll be checking. If it?s not, you only get partial points, determined by the number of words you did use. If you write 150, you get 1.5 points. But if you only make one post, then your total is 1.5. Since we don?t give fractional points, the point total will be rounded down. YOU GET TWO POINTS PER POST

4. To make it a bit more co-operative, your posts must have 2 or more posts between each of them. This is to prevent two people just sitting down and cranking out their posts alternating. This is also to reward those of you that check in daily, and spend a decent amount of time posting in the forums, as this should be easier for those of you. But, if it has been 24 hours or more since your last post, you may post again in the thread, whether there are not two posts between your old one and this new one or not.

Please put any questions or off story comments in this thread, and leave the other thread for purely story posts.

This task is worth 10 points, 2 for each completed post. The story is over sunday night at midnight.

2. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    Sounds great, will get to work on it in a bit (and who knows how long that'll be?).

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    So kind of like the random YJCC co-written stories back in the day. Ah Ewan-Kenobi could help write up some good ones.
    The YJCC Movie Script

~PK~

4. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    EDIT: Nevermind, is the 24 hour rule new?

5. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I added the 24 hour rule like 5 or10 minutes after i made the first post, so yes and no.

6. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    I must have read the post before then, I was going to complain about that, but now everything's cool.

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Sounds good.

8. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I gotta tell you, calling something you don't like in the story "a dream" because you don't want to bother trying to write yourself out of an interesting twist is incredibly lame. Had Tracy focused on making this a worthwhile effort rather than making as stupid a premise as she could possibly come up with, she should have had the foresight to add into the rules that you have to go with what happens in the story, rather than invalidate entire entries by declaring something "a dream."

It's pathetic, and betrays and overwhelming dearth of creativity. At no point in any previous entries did anyone mention that the protagonist had gone to sleep. So how was he dreaming, PK? Did you seriously just invalidate every entry in the story prior to yours?

If that's the case, why should any of the rest of us even bother making another entry, just to have someone wipe it out because they don't want to follow the direction of the story?

AYBABTU

9. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

I'm not finished.

It's one thing to add to the story in a way that other people may not like, but what happened in the latest entry is not an addition to the story. It is backtracking and it invalidates everything previously written by the group. I hope someone among you realizes that this goes against the very spirit of the task. What is preventing the rest of us from simply starting the story over with each new post? In that case, is the point of the task being achieved?

"Your post must pick up where the post above you left off, to continue the same story line. You can change aspects of the story, but it needs to read AS a story. It?s not that hard..."

How is invalidating everything prior "picking up where the post above you left off"? It no longer "read AS a story." I call shenanigans, and I want something done about it.

AYBABTU

10. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm sorry I was just backtracking to the point that he had died. And it was the first thing that came to mind when I read last nights. Because It was like well how in the world are you going to write around the main charecters head imploding. Do whatever you guys want to fix, cause I really don't care. Not like you guys are going to keep me in the house that much longer.

~PK~

11. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    You know what though nowhere does it say that what you guys wrote couldn't be a premanition he had. Because sometimes dreams are that way. Maybe you should be looking at the postive side of this and not the negative side that you have to work harder to get back to where you were or someone screwed up where you were wanting to go with this. Which I'm sorry can't be helped.

~PK~

12. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Oh you know what could happen right now about it. You could have a top secret vote about it and vote me out of the house right this second. That would solve everything and then you could ignore my last post all together and stick to your cookie cutter mold. mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

~PK~

13. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

I actually like that plan, only why do it in secret? Let's just vote right here in this thread.

I vote to evict her.

AYBABTU

14. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    PK, keep in mind that we're not the ones who decide on the final vote - it's the JC. So even if everyone in the house wanted you out next (which I doubt is the case) we have no control over whether or not that actually happens.

Rhett, PK, let's stop with the dramaqueenieness, shall we?

15. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Ok I'll stop it just for you Carmen. But lets be honest I don't even have the votes if I was to go up on the block to stay in. And I think everyone here knows that. Cause everyone I posted with and ran around with here don't even post here anymore.

~PK~

16. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

While we're at it, let's add Carmen to the vote.

AYBABTU

17. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    you're just mad i called you a drama queen, rhett.

18. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Well then I'm defiantly gone if I'm up against carmen. *packs bags*

~PK~

19. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    You're just mad that I killed Ducky again.

20. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

Killing Ducky is the only thing saving you from my righteous rage right now.

Now... who's up for some BBQ'd Duck Nuggets?

AYBABTU

21. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Can we all be civil for a moment.
    First off Rhett, what did you expect when you killed everyone off? I mean the story was going to end right there so you are the first one at fault for making it all into a dream. That is not all PK's fault. She had to do something after you killed the robot and the duck.

Now I don't like that my story became part of my dream, but I can hardly blame PK for that. She had to get the story going again.

If we are all working against eachother it won't work.

We all want points.
    So why not all work together.
    Don't kill off everyone. Don't try and make it impossible for anyone to resume the story. Lets just add parts to the story which are not trying to end the story.

Is that an unreasponable request? We all want points, so why not just try and be civil about it rather than trying to make things impossible.

-Seldon

22. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Killing the robot and the duck doesn't necessarily end the story. Half the fun is in being adaptive, you know. And random.

I must say the story is suffering from poor cohesion at this point, but hopefully it'll start reading better soon...

23. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    Seldon, I know this is a lot to ask of you, but think for a second. Just ONE second of thinking. Please.
    If someone kills off a character...MAKE A NEW ONE. Just because a character dies, even the main character, that doesn't mean it's OMG IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTINUE THE STORY NOW I CAN'T GET MY POINTS WHAT AM I GOING TO DO.

24. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I know very well that the story will continue. All I'm saying is that it seems like Rhett was trying to make it harder on some people.
    I personally don't have a problem with whatever twist is thrown in. I feel confident that I can continue to tell the story. My comments were just in general and for everyone.

25. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    For the record, I don't care whatsoever what happens to the story, as long as it IS a story.

And Rhett, I really don't see any benefit to make the story more "plausible" or whatever you called it. I thought it was funny and you are more than welcome to try to shape it into a more serious story if you feel like it. This is your guys' story, not mine. There are no restricitons, as long as your posts make sense with the story before it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.