main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tatooine

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Jedi Bib, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joyoda

Joyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 1999
    I thought it was called tatooine because all the EP1 cards included come from the Tatooine scenes in EP1. The Next sets being Theed and Coruscant becuase the ep1 cards will come from those scenes. Personally I don't care much for the Idea of Ep1 in the classic game but I am excited about the Couruscant set. I want more Cards that relate to Imperial city.

2. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Oh, that makes sence.

3. Gladiator2001

Gladiator2001 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2001
    What's with all these cards in the deck that don't actually take place on Tatooine, there's some card from the battle of hoth and another one from the duel between Vader and Luke on Cloud city. Shouldn't a set named for a particular location actually take place from scenes on this planet?
    Also in the back of the Death Star Rulebook there are two ads for the upcoming sets Shadows of The Empire and Skywalkers, whatever happened to them?

4. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    "The Shadows Project" became the Expanded Universe cards that were a part of Reflections II.

Skywalkers is on the shelf at the moment while Dercipher makes Episode I stuff. It is important to realize that the Skywalkers, Jedi, and Scoundrels expansions were planned when they were because at that point it was still very much up in the air whether Decipher was gonna do for Episode I in the CCG.

And as for not everything in Tatooine being related to Tatooine...well, I think 4 or 5 cards here and there that will help out other strategies would be a good idea...both from a plyer's standpoint and from a marketing one :)

5. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    True, decipher now has to consider a very large card circulation. there are so many combo's that some decks just out rank others. But if they want to strengthen some of the weak one's that fine by me, My massassi ops deck loses every time to that damn vader deck

6. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    That vader deck gives you alot of trouble doesn't it? lol.

7. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    true, that deck does annoy me, but now I starting a LS smuggler deck so I just run away whenever possible, Once I get his control tagged and bagged he just shuts down

8. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    WHY IS SEBULBA POWER 4????
    He's 2 feet tall....

9. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    The POWER doesn't just encompass physical size and strength. I believe that things like intimidation and reputation also would play into the value. Put it this way, would you want to mess with him not knowing how Dugs behave or what kind of hidden defense mechanisms ;-)

10. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    But would Sebulba be any good in a fight? I dout it, so a power of for is kinda high...

11. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Why wouldn't he be? He's a Jar Jar killer and brings high powered characters like Chewie back down to earth. He's not that bad.

12. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    True, gamewise he should be. But in SW "reality" he's wee and weak.

13. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Power 4 seems adequate for Sebulba. The guy was able to knock over Jar Jar pretty easily, jumped out of his chair pretty easily (and jumped pretty far at that.) Not to mention Sebulba was an expert at podracing, that in itself has to account for something. A power of 4, IMO, is decent.

14. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I think a 3 would have been more than sufficient.

15. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Doesn't matter a whole lot, though. Like most DS aliens all ya need is a blaster to take 'em out with their ability as low as it is. And just think what a lightsaber will do.

I hope to be able to pre-order at least one box. I love playing This Deal Is Getting Worse All The Time and I'm Sorry just might make it bigger problem for the LS. I also can't wait to get my hands on some of the heavy hitters too(ie Maul, Qui-Gon, etc.). BTW, does anyone know what kind of rares the set has (foils, Ultra, Super, ect.)?

Spud

PS - Just off the top of my head, does anybody know why Big D stopped with all of the easter eggs on the cards? I love 'em personally. Cream of Wamprat soup? It doesn't get much better than that!

16. twinz

twinz Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2001
    Well we know why they called the set "Tatooine." It's simply because "Episode I stuff and cards to make people stop crying about the timeline" would be too long to fit on the boosters. :)

17. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Only the three normal rarities will be present. I believe that the "alternate" versions may be a little more rare, but I'm not sure on that. That's a question for Gold 5...

18. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    You mean that these alternates will be available? I thought they just couldn't make up their minds on a picture.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    From Decipher's site:

"Decipher Introduces Alternate Art Cards: nine of the rare Episode I cards will be printed with two versions (same total rarity, but one of four features an alternate image). This means the cards will appear twice in the set, and though the gameplay will remain the same, the images will differ.'Alternate art' cards will be identified with a gold-border expansion icon. "

20. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Oh. Cool. I didn't know that, thanks.

21. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    If Sidious did have an Imperial logo it would be a spoiler for the rest of the prequels as this would mean that Palpatine is sidious. Although he most probably is it still hasn't been confirmed by anything in the prequels. Yet.
    And is senator palpatine going to be included
    at all? (More likely in the Coruscant expansion)

22. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Decipher has stated that teh Palptine/Sidious personas will be addressed in the Coruscant expansion. And since Ep1 took place before the Empire there would be no Imperial symbol on Sidious (or any other DS charcter for that matter), just the Dark Jedi Master icon.

23. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    So...is anybody here ticked off by the fact that Ep 1 is joining the Star Wars CCG, or is that just the people over on Big D's message boards?

Spud

PS - Oh and I almost forgot, does anybody know at what point D is going to start running prequel only tournies?

24. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Prequel tournies will probably start coming out when there are more expansions out. I would say that it's possible it'll happen after the Coruscant expansion, but don't be surprised if they waited till Naboo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.