main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series TBOBF Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 14, 2021.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Historically they've either announced new seasons before, during, or immediately after a season airing. It's more likely at this point that some of these characters will show up in The Mandalorian or some of the other shows rather than another dedicated take on their stories.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would love to get a season two just because I want to see more Temuera Morrison

Darkslayer and Count Yubnub like this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    His interview on the live stage was even better. He came in doing the Haka. Talked about “like a bantha” for a solid 2 minutes. Sang a song and left.

He’s like Star War’s cool uncle.

5. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    If they do a season 2, they should have Boba fight the Hutts. It felt like such a bait & switch to make Boba fight the Pykes after introducing the Twins.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I mean, considering the massive amount of projects LFL is working on, it's possible a second season just isn't able to be worked on yet. I wouldn't rule it out completely. I think it has a lot of potential, just need a new director and to write Boba a little differently.

7. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Temuera Morrison's comments to Entertainment Tonight have been reposted a bunch:
    https://www.etonline.com/the-mandal...tter-season-3-coming-in-2023-exclusive-185232
    I thought it was clickbait originally, but within context, it sounds like he indeed was a bit critical of the approach taken with Book of Boba Fett. But I love that this hasn't impacted his passion for the character, and that he can't wait to get out there and give it another go. Fan interest was at an all time high during his supporting role in Mandalorian. Although a bunch of fans jumped ship with TBOBF, I think another solid outing really could swing the pendulums back.

Now I've always maintained that Temuera was never at fault, and it was sad to hear that his suggestions for the character were disregarded by the showrunners. In contrast to Temuera's acknowledgment that they might have missed the mark, Dave Filoni doubles down and says everyone else was wrong
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/05/book-boba-fett-star-wars
    It seems like the show really damaged the image of Filoni and Favreau. Up to that point, they were touted as the true successors to George Lucas by fans and could do no wrong. Now I see fans talking about how they're ruining Star Wars. Obviously the truth lies somewhere in the middle; we've seen the fantastic work they're capable of, but have also seen that they're not perfect. The best thing to do moving forward is to use this show as a learning opportunity.

8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    If anyone changed Boba Fett it was George Lucas though AOTC and The Clone Wars:

Why does anyone think Boba was some sort of bad ass in the first place all he did was transport Han Solo to Jabba the Hutt ??

Boba Fett was great in the series - just as I would have expected him to be and the addition of the Mandalorian , Ahsoka , Grogu and Luke Skywalker was incredibly good and an awesome surprise. Bravo to the whole series - well done to all involved.

9. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Boba Fett has a long history in the EU/video games and even his outings in the neo-canon in the Marvel comics . Plus Boba is basically Jango with another name. Disney/Lucasfilm cannot just pretend only the movies(or TCW) existed for Boba and rest never happened even if they decanonized something, which was what they attempted to with this real cringe show and lame-o version of Boba Fett. Hopefully they fix what they broke, but I don't know.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s not “all he did.” Among the elite bounty hunters recruited by Vader he was the only one to anticipate Han’s genius move (which none of the Imperials, nor Vader was able to do either) and then track him to Bespin. He then cooly negotiates with and talks back to Vader. These two things alone qualify him as a badass in a way that a few pew pews wouldn’t even come close to doing. And it’s precisely why every time a fan wants to opine about Boba Fett being lame or overrated they leave these two important details out. It’s become a cliche. You don’t have to think he’s the baddest ass of all time. But enough of the false and incomplete descriptions of what he did in the OT.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I liked the series and I'm re-watching it in preparation for Mando season 3... but I have to point out Boba is far more than a delivery man. Boba from day one, has been a mystery that has allowed fans to fill in the blanks with their own imagination. His pathetic supposed death in ROTJ has done little to stem Boba's marketability ever since, that tells me this character is more than just what appeared on screen in the 80's and 2000's.

*If Boba wasn't a "bad ass", why would Vader single him out when he tells the bounty hunters "no disintegrations"?
    *Who was it that saw through Han's trick of attaching the Falcon to the star destroyer and then slip away "with the garbage"?
    *Boba deduces that Han will go to Cloud City and alerts the Empire so they can get there first and lay the trap.
    *We've had decades of EU stories that have created the character of the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter.
    *In AOTC you have a 10 year old Boba, the film serves the character as a set up for what's to come.

I agree that TCW doesn't do the character any favours, he might not come across badly but he isn't the lone gun that he is in the CT. The characters he mixes with (Aurra Sing, Bossk, Latts, Embo) does't fit with the character Boba had become in the imaginations of his fans. Even his relationship with Dengar doesn't fit but it could in the future, should LFL wish to explore what is a popular element of Boba lore.

13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I would almost rate TBOBF as good as Andor:

TBOBF = underrated
    Andor = slightly overrated

14. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Currently rewatching TBOBF as part of my Mandalorian rewatch before S3 airs. As with the aforementioned Mandalorian it’s the first time my wife, who’d only watched episodes 1-6 religiously, has watched any kind of spin off.

I’m currently up to episode 2 and I just know it’s downhill from here (other than the Mando episodes). I wholeheartedly maintain that episode 2 is absolutely tremendous and one of my favourite singular episodes of Star Wars television, both animated and live action. I loved seeing more of the Tusken raiders, understanding that they have different tribes, who not all of which are ‘raiders’, and seeing their culture. It throws up unexpected elements with the whole lizard up the nose LSD trip, quickly followed up by some excellent world building with the creation of Boba’s gaffi stick.

Her words following this episode were ‘I thought you said this was rubbish ?’[face_laugh] Which tbf I responded just wait to see how you feel at the end of the series. To me TBOBF had some incredible individual episodes, but the overarching story with Boba just didn’t cut it. At the time I felt like it was a rushed afterthought of a programme made solely to shove in a couple of episodes on Mando, and in a couple of days I will find out if I still feel that way!

*I will vehemently disagree with anyone that tells me the Vespa kids were a good idea though*

cwustudent, TCF-1138 and Sarge like this.
  15. Aah Fisto

May 30, 2020
    To echo my post above.. Just watched Moana (3rd time) and I can only imagine how special it was for Temuera Morrison to do the second episode of TBOBF. Not only being brought back into the Star Wars fold after so many years, but to do an episode based on indigenous culture that was so perfectly executed that must have been truly special for him.

Maintain that it’s one of my favourite parts of live action Star Wars. Loved seeing more about the Tusken’s and their culture

Happy Sando and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Honestly this is a show I really do want to give another watch. I definitely will one day. But after I finish my Rebels rewatch by the end of the month I’ll probably be to burnt out to rewatch any Star Wars for a long time.

the Tusken’s were some of the best parts of this show.

my only real gripe with the show other than the tatooine tech kids is that Mando season 2.5 happens in the middle of a show about Boba Fett. Something that I think hurt both this show and Mando season 3

cwustudent and Aah Fisto like this.
  17. Aah Fisto

May 30, 2020
    I agree. By the end of the series I very much felt like a variety of factors meant it felt like a rushed together series but there was a couple of exceptional episodes mixed in with the averageness

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh and that’s why I think it’s better than people give it credit for. I really don’t think it was meant to be a show. Until pretty last minute Mando season 2.5 makes that pretty obvious. And I still think it’s very enjoyable. Imagine if it actually was allowed to stand by itself and was given proper time?

plus anytime I get more Morrison I am happy

Aah Fisto likes this.
  19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    When they introduced Omega in TBB it opened up a possibility that was failed to take advantage of, it gave another facet in the Boba mythos that was unexplored for some reason. I wonder if they did revisit the character, would they have Boba become a father for a foundling, may be using flashbacks of Boba's own experience with Jango, the comparison being a big part.

20. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Eh, to be fair, Omega is pretty irrelevant to Boba. He was never shown to care much about the other clones, and he always separated himself from the rest of them. Boba never knew her, and he never even showed up so far in The Bad Batch. And Omega herself never knew Jango Fett. Omega and Boba have very little in common. I can't picture Boba caring about her one bit. It would feel forced and out of character, IMO.

21. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    It doesn't mean Boba has to care about Omega, I fail to see why he would when it seems he doesn't even know of her existence. Boba doesn't care about the clones as they're different from him, they never had the father-son relationship with Jango and grow quicker, maturing faster and have a different purpose in life.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh. I also really want them to meet, but I agree he will likely not care. Probably just find her more of a curiosity than actually caring.

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    More likely he'll meet her with respect. :rolleyes:

Happy Sando and Django Fett like this.
  24. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Wholeheartedly agree. If I were to break Star Wars down into "moments" (rather than movies and episodes) then almost all of that second chapter would be competing for the top spot. I found Boba's whole journey from captive to acceptance genuinely moving, and that's in no small part thanks to Mr. Morrison's performance.

Aah Fisto likes this.
  25. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    But she must pay tribune, he is the crime lord after all!

The Shadow Emperor and Sarge like this.