main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    If you were watching the droid arc I'd probably pour the wine for you... and provide regular top-ups just so you could make it through to the end.

2. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Oh Behave!

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I was waiting on a Clone Wars complete series set and knew the extra episodes were out there so I didn't buy the "complete series" box. If they do release the S6 stuff and don't redo the complete set, I'm just gonna buy both and duct tape them together.

Random Comments likes this.
  5. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm not sure we'll ever see the whole thing as one complete set since seasons 1-5 were released by Warner Bros. and the Bonus Content will fly the Disney flag when it's released. That would be like the Jedi and Sith working together to escape from some sort of prison....wait. Never mind.

Circular Logic, eht13 and TaradosGon like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Good point. Duct tape solution it is then!

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It fits; duct tape is like the Force, after all.

8. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    I wouldn´t say so, few glasses of wine, or few beers that is not that much of a big deal...
    (Yes i come from middle/eastern Europe, but we don´t have drinking problems, it is just a myth :p )

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    A few drinks should be fine... but posting while totally wasted is frowned upon. ;)

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Brent Friedman was interviewed on the Rebels Report podcast... he talked about the whole story meeting process with Dave/GL which was very interesting, and also talked about how they had story conferences up through "season 7" which was the finale. Since they did 24 episode breakouts for each season though, and Cartoon Network seasons were behind, i.e. Ahsoka arc went through production # 5.11, there would have been extra material spilling into a "Season 8" as he put it. He had an arc which Dave told him would've been the Season 7 premiere on CN, but he didn't say what it was (Wookiee arc maybe?) He said it was the favorite thing he ever did for the show, and that all their best stuff was in these final seasons :( He also did an arc from the final story conference which would have been an R2 and Rex "buddy pic." He also mentioned that Cad Bane's story got interesting and surprising at the end, and that the proposed Season 8 finale to the show was hotly debated amongst the writers, Dave and George. If you guys want to hear the interview, you can go here.... http://rebelsreport.com/2013/11/22/rebels-report-2-behind-the-scenes-with-brent-friedman/ or download on Itunes under "Rebels Report" podcast.

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Pablo Hidalgo has been kind enough to answer more fan questions via twitter on the future of Clone Wars content, here's a summary:
    1) On the droid bounty hunter Highsinger:
    "Highsinger has many fans here. I'm certain we're not done with that droid."

2) In response to someone asking about the whether the bonus content will be a conclusion to the series or whether there will be more content released later:
    " 'Conclusion' as in end of the war? No, but the Yoda arc has a profound ending IMHO...
    and keep in mind, some story threads were started with no intent to end them in TCW, but instead somewhere else."

3) Someone asked about doing the Gendy type finale which segued into Episode 3:
    "No, but I don't think dramatizing that moment was ever really in the cards as a series finale...
    At CEU, Dave talked about a proposed Padme-focused story that would have led directly into III, but George nixed it..
    Padme would've actually diplomatically ended the war, but Grievous betrays / surprise-attacks Coruscant, kidnaps Palp."

4) Someone asked about his "depends how you add it all up" comment regarding the bonus content, and whether unfinished content would be included along with the finished episodes:
    "I don't want to get any more specific until everything is baked since missed guesses live forever on the Internet!"

#2 is most intriguing... is he talking about Rebels, Ep 7, or a spinoff movie? BTW, he is infinata on twitter if you guys want to follow him.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hey, I remember every post I've ever made here... :p

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Impressive... that's a lot of posts! :D

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Hate to break it to you but your letter wouldn't have made a difference. Anything that is eventually announced will have been long considered and in the offering.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    It would really be cool to see some of the storylines wrapped up in Rebels or a TCW spinoff movie (live action maybe?). It would have to have pretty long legs to make it to Ep. 7 however. Thanks for the post, this is definitely interesting considering Hidalgo is most usually "in the know".

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree number two is pretty interesting and a given if Rebels is going to be a good spiritual successor. I still think it may fill the roll of sequel somewhat even if not directly. I'm sure there is going to be tons of stuff where it will be irresistible to try and connect the dots.

And damn that Brent Friedman interview makes me sad all over again. He really had to just twist the knife in after its mostly healed. Rex and R2 buddy pic? Can I atleast get a poster of that.

17. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    If any character whose fate we haven't seen were to survive the "Bonus Content" I'd hope it'd be Rex. I would really like to see him leave the army a la Cut Lawquane and possibly join up with the fledgling rebellion in Rebels. There have been too many hints dropped that he is one of the "individualistic clones" that Palpatine is concerned about. It started with "The Deserter" and really came to a head in the Umbara arc. He is one of Filoni's creations, so......

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Thank goodness for George Lucas!

The whole idea in ROTS is that the people of the Republic are willing to transition to an Empire if it finally grants safety and an end to a horrific war. Not to mention that the Separatist Council feature in ROTS, and clearly haven't diplomatically ended the war.

The CIS also need planets for materials to fight a war, even though they don't need recruits for the front lines. If they lost that, the war wouldn't last very much longer.

Did Filoni watch ROTS at all?

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think if Rex's fate was gonna be wrapped up they would have mentioned that by now...but we can both hope I'm wrong!

20. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Damn. I had just gotten to terms with the Clone Wars being cancelled and then Brent Friedman's interview comes up...I really wish it was possible to know all the stories they have planned but I doubt we'll ever hear specifics until a longer time has passed. I'd kill for a Making Of Clone Wars book by J.W Rinzler!

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Probably not

22. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    This slightly contradicts what Dave said at the Secrets of the Clone Wars Panel.

The Question is asked 6 mins into the video.

23. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Hi, guys :).

Today in Warsaw, we had a meeting organised by Star Wars Artistic Team - they focus mainly on activities for kids, such as drawing, playing with SW toys, etc. But what's more important, they're working closely with Disney/Lucasfilm and today they showed exclusively to us a new trailer for bonus content (they called it "season six"). There was a guy from Disney Poland at the meeting too.

First of all, they revealed that this season will be entitled "The Lost Missions" and will consist of ten episodes :(. They'll air it on Disney XD (at least in Poland). Here are some highlights from the trailer, but watch out for spoilers - and sorry for my grammar again. Link to Polish version of the article below:

http://www.star-wars.pl/News/17527

*There was a dark, swampy planet and Yoda was landing there. We can hear Qui-Gon's voice, saying: "Go to Dagobah (although I'm not sure...). You'll find your answers there".

*Yoda was walking on a orange, rocky planet (my guess is that was Korriban). Then, he fought a mysterious, cloaked character, equipped with a red lightsaber.

*In another scene, Yoda was approached by floating... "thing" that resembled Balrog (I'm serious). There was also a scene with Yoda jumping on a floating platforms, that led to a giant tree (I know, it sounds odd, but all "Yoda moments" in the trailer had some Mortis "feel".

*There was a new species - with round, white-reddish faces and golden eyes.

*Oppo Rancisis was at the Jedi Council's meeting.

*For a moment, I saw a lot of Jedi ghosts, fighting.

*Padme was at the Muun's court and one of them said:"You're under arrest!"

*There was a lot of scenes from Kamino - clone cadets, aiwhas and Shaak Ti.

*Sidious was contacting Lama Su via hologram and saying: "They can never learn the truth about Order 66" - well, I'm not sure it is exactly what he said, but it was something like that.

*Fives was talking with medical droid and explaining to him how important for clone are their names.

*Mother Talzin was fighting, using her green beacon.

*We'll probably have another Dooku vs Anakin/Obi-Wan fight... :/

*We'll see some new droids - Windu was fighting with ones (and they were much bigger than him).

*For a moment, I saw a holocomputer screen, displaying an image of a man - which very closely resembled Sifo-Dyas from "The Eyes of Revolution".

I hope you'll understand my babblig :p.

24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    That sounds awesome. I guess Talzin will turn up in the Yoda arc? Certainly didn't expect her to show up.

Happy to hear the Yoda arc is going to be very surreal, though I'm sure it'll prove to be divisive here. It sounds as if they're going with genetic programming for Order 66, and I don't know how I feel about that. It seems more powerful if the clones choose to turn on the Jedi. Depends on how it's, ahem, executed I guess.

25. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Those episode-details were wonderful, thank you for sharing. But ten episodes??? How disappointing! It sounds like some things were cut and/or compressed. What a relief to hear that Talzin's role in TCW might be addressed after all.