main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I'd hope sometime in the summer, we might find out tomorrow if XD picks it up or not.

2. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    If XD doesn't pick it up, I wouldn't mind something like starting in June or July (perfect for a Comic-Con or CEII!) they will release a new arc as a movie on DVD every month or 2. Or just release Season 6 as a DVD or a webseries.

3. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    I really don't want to go out and have to pay to just see a TCW episode. I hope StarWars.com picks it up and then they're released on DVD/Blu-ray. That's the best case scenario.

4. kickdog

kickdog Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2011
    as I understand is, they are only showing episodes that are currently in production or finished.
    I think it would be perfect to warp with a order 66 arc, but I doubt that they are producing one.

5. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I would imagine that any new material will be released on DVD/blu-ray as well. They'd be making money then. I'd honestly be happy with them just releasing at as a boxset.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I want a boxset that has the episodes in timeline order. :)

I'm aware we know the timeline and can just switch discs but I'd still like it in the right order.

Cevan, VMeran, TreborSabreon and 2 others like this.
  7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This. And preferably with the option to watch arcs as a movie, or at least without the title card and credits in between.

8. DARTH_small_paw

DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    Here's what needs to be wrapped up as I see it...
    -Darth Maul
    -Anakin post-Ahsoka/just before ROTS
    -Fate of Captain Rex
    -Fate of Mandalore
    -Order 66 explanation

If they can wrap all this up in the "bonus content" then I suppose I'll be satisfied but I'll still know that this is NOT how TCW was intended to end which will always be a bitter pill.

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Denial isn't just a river in Africa.

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The press release explicitly stated they were still producing episodes (presumably wrap-up ones). :p

11. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    Go what is it with my beloved tv shows at the moment ? firstly the BBC here in the UK take away my beloved Merlin now i have had my lovely Clone Wars taken away from me the loss of these two is going to leave an unfillable hole in my viewing thanks Disney and thanks BBC you have really turned to the dark side,i was really looking forward to seeing the Clovis arc now we may never see it:mad:[face_devil]:_|:confused:

rumblewagon likes this.
  12. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Same here... Futurama is up in the air, Simpsons is renewed up to next season, Clone Wars is ending, Dexter is ending... :p

V-2 likes this.
  13. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Probably Blu-ray/iTunes. Likely with each arc edited into a movie. As a TV show, it's gone.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I want my complete Clone Wars series box set, I'm gonna wait on that. The movie, the TV series and "Season 6".

cwustudent likes this.
  15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You should change the thread title to "It's not over yet". It's more Star Warsy.

VMeran likes this.
  16. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Wanted to change it to "The show must go on" and then post a Queen video in the description, but I can't change the title anymore. :_|

17. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    regular series is CANCELLED.

Now you can go about your business. Move along

18. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    -Already written
    -Already written
    -Already written

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Given the way the season finale played out, I'm certain Filoni knew everything was winding down. Eckstein seems to have had an idea that things were coming to a close. Not sure about the other voice actors.

20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Do you think they will include Palpatine's capture by Grievous in the extra material coming out?

21. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    They should. I'm one of Luceno's most ardent supporters, but Labyrinth was underwhelming and The Clone Wars microseries is really incongruent with the films. SW works best on a visual medium and it would be great to see that climactic battle portrayed properly.

Cevan, VMeran, Darth_Harmon and 3 others like this.
  22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Hey now, I made that joke much earlier today. But it's so good you can use it too. :p

JackG likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Thing is, is it satisfying to the narrative that the story ends 10 seconds before ROTS or will the story end better if it goes all the way through to the end of ROTS? I have a feeling that what is coming out will be whatever they had in the can + maybe another 4 episode arc that is basically "The Clone Wars: Revenge of the Sith".

24. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    what i cant understand is why hire Tim Curry to be the new voice of Palpatine when they knew they were "winding down" it just seems such a weird move if they knew there would be no more episodes made ?

klooney likes this.
  25. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Lots of stories would be nice to see. However, IMHO, unless they already had particular storylines mostly developed and animated, I don't think we'll see them.

TreborSabreon likes this.