main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Before - Legends Team guy (for the DDC2018)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2018.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    whacky computer gave a double post

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes and you will see
    sure

Entry 9

I am sitting in the emergency room of Coronet City university hospital. How did I end up here? No injury this time but after landing and making my way to the terminal to get my ID checked I saw an older humanoid male collapsing on the floor just as I handed my ID to the official. Police senses and remembered emergency lessons kicked in and there I was doing CPR on the casualty until EMT began to help me. The EMT took over but I stayed and supported the male. A man with a red stripe on his pants (that’s all I saw when I was still busy with support) said that it was alright for me to accompany the EMT in the emergency-vehicle. I stayed with the male until the doctors in the ER took over. One of the EMT’s – Jack Wells – is now getting me another drink and something to eat. Keeping a casualty alive with your powers is exhausting. I have to stop. Jack Wells is coming. And he is carrying some clothes too. Yeah I soiled my clothes doing the CPR.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful how instinctively his training and compassion took over and glad the emergency/crisis occurred with persons nearby who could take over. [face_relieved] Sounds like Steve will be making new friends.

4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    EMT life seems like it's going to be interesting for Steve

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a lot of new friends
    or something else

Entry 10

With Jack was the man with the red stripe on his pants. He introduced himself as major Semendiger from CorSec and gave me my ID. When I asked about my bag he came with a reply. ‘The bag is in my speeder and if you are interested in joining CorSec. We can use a man with your training for our special operations division.’

I was dressing in the green EMT clothes and gave him my grad-documents. He was even more impressed.

I stuffed my soiled clothes in a clearplast bag, accepted his offer and accompanied him to the headquarters in Coronet city. During the ride he showed me the sprawling suburbs with universities and hospitals and the city with Treasure Ship row, famous for seedy figures causing mayhem to the authorities. I could get a room – tiny with only a bed, closet and fresher – at headquarters until I can find a place to stay.

I was introduced to the CSI-team. Maura Grimes is the general evidence expert and leader of the team. Lydia Kaplan is the coroner and Jessy Karadon and Nicci Ibils were the lab-technicians present at that time. There are more members I will have to meet.

Lieutenant Jono Bel Hana came in when I was introduced to the coroner. He is a senior investigator and he lives in Firwood.

Firwood, that sounds nice. I have seen some nice lakes and mountains before we landed at Coronet City spaceport.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Seems I missed a lot of actions while I was in the wintry mountains with no internet (most of the time). Can you tell me in which time your character lives exactly?

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    the last entry was 63 years before ANH. The next one is a few days later

Entry 11

Yesterday I brought the clothes back to Jack Wells. He wants to join CorSec too and told me all about bugs. As an ER-nurse he saw in the emergency room the hideous injuries on victims coming from the seedy districts of Coronet City. I know a lot about bugs from my previous jobs but I am not an expert. I know that our team needs a bug-expert. I will help Jack with his study and after the exams I will introduce him to Major Semendiger.

Jono Bel Hana – descended from Dunai elder – pointed me to a cottage for sale in Firwood.

‘It is small, cheap, will need some decorating but it’s perfect for you’ was said by him when he drove me in his speeder to Firwood.

Firwood is a nice village in the rural district not far from Coronet City. There is a large lake for activities and trails for hiking.

And yes the cottage is small but bigger than the tiny room at headquarters. And it came with an old speeder-bike, great for getting to my work. I bought cottage and contents yesterday.

Another thing is small too. I found out when I went to bed. The cottage came with standard furniture and for most Corellians that’s alright. But it wasn’t for me. The bed is too small for my large 1.89 m. Tomorrow I will go to a carpenter to order a new bed.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Firwood does sound lovely and a nice place to come back to after a long day at work. @};-
    Definitely need a bed that fits. [face_laugh]

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    He could have slept like they slept in Europe centuries ago: in a half-sitting position.

;)

Only joking! Great update!

10. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Moving to a new place is always either a pain in the butt or fun. This seems to be a little bit of both.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He does but
    Nah[face_laugh]
    and more of both

Entry 12

Ah yes, last entry I wrote about my bed. That was many months ago. I couldn’t write that much because I have been very busy at CorSec and helping Jack.

No more troubles with a small bed when I am sleeping at home. The carpenter delivered my new bed. No more nights hurting my toes when I stretch and waking up as a result.

Sleeping in a rural environment is great and has me remembering Moniron.

But there are the missions when we have to get to a crime-scene in another town and be there for a few days. Sometimes we have to go to a CorSec-agency or – preferable for me – a hotel. CorSec has the usual Corellian made beds. Hotels have sometimes – to accommodate visitors from other planets – very large beds. I once slept in a bed that was even for me someplace to get lost in. During my sleep I ended up at the other end. At breakfast with Lydia I mentioned the large bed and she began to smile when she said ‘be glad that they cleaned the room, Hutts are rather slimy creatures eating in their bed and the food is usually alive.’ Of course I didn’t know what a Hutt was and she showed me pictures and told me about their habits.

Jack Wells asked me to help him with the last exam. I have taught him all about forensics and I have an idea to make his exam great.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL about bed sizes and beds for Hutts [face_laugh] Happy he can help Jack with the exam.

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    CorSec has the usual Corellian made beds.

This is an organization that does useful things. Well, Palps, make beds not war! @};-

14. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Can't wait to get to the CSI portion of the story. I love having my space in bed. At least a queen size. :p

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He has fun and will help
    He should do that
    I am coming to the CSI part

Entry 13

Jack Wells is now a member of our team.

I could get a realistic looking banshee-fly from a ‘toys for you’ shop. I gave Jack a pat on his shoulder, placing that fly there. Jack entered the exam room, wiped the buzzing fly from his shoulder and used it to give more impact to his demonstration. The examiner had a great day, graded the work as first class and gave Jack a recommendation for CorSec.

Major Semendiger was impressed of course and gave Jack the job. And he complimented me about my teaching. ‘You will become a great mentor.’

Coroner Lydia Kaplan liked Jack immediately. ‘With you EMT experience you will be a great asset to the team.’

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful that he helped Jack Wells and got a commendation from Lydia -- this will help boost his confidence.

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Full of pranks, I see! :D

18. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Oh the old fly on the shoulder trick. :p

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It will
    sure

Entry 14

Yesterday I celebrated three years on my job as a CorSec inspector. Jono had something nice planned for me, a boat-trip on Firwood-lake.

After that powerboat-ride I met Pete Berling and was introduced to his lovely wife Eline in the Firwood-marina where Jono had rented the powerboat. Pete had a strange cylinder on his belt and after he saw my interesting looks he told me that he was a Corellian Jedi and how he came to live permanently on Corellia after an injury to his back. He was brought by Jedi-healer Kaagi Adin to the university hospital in Coronet city where a doctor could treat the injury. He found the love of his life in the nurse treating him and – being a Corellian Jedi like his master – he was allowed to marry.

For me this thing about marriage is a bit weird. It could get the Jedi into problems when one has to keep love a secret. They should follow the Corellian Jedi rules.

Pete told us that he was responsible for the Jedi-training facility in Firwood situated on an old piece of abandoned farmland surrounded by forests dotted with lakes. He invited us to visit it. ‘You can see Jedi in training and sparring with lightsabers.’

‘And Firwood-lake is perfect for powerboat-training’ was what Eline said.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love to meet Pete and Eline. @};-
    For me this thing about marriage is a bit weird. It could get the Jedi into problems when one has to keep love a secret. They should follow the Corellian Jedi rules. Isn't that a fact. :p

=D=

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yepp, fact.

Maar zeg ben je al weer weg? Computer problemen of ben je druk bezig met je moeder?

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  22. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Nice tie in of Kaagi into the story. The love angle always screws with the Jedi

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sure
    busy with me. Lousy cancercells in my womb and removal of the offending thing in januar and findings of those darth-cells. A second operation to remove lymphnodes almost went totally wrong when the femoral artery was nicked. Belly open and 2,5 minutes to save me and give me blood. And that lymphnode was the bad-ass thing filled with some cancer-cells. Result chemo and radiation-therapy to keep me busy until the end of september
    Not with Nejaa who appears next

Entry 15

Today I met another Corellian Jedi.

Nejaa Halcyon is back on Corellia after his knighting ceremony in the Jedi-temple on Coruscant. He came to CorSec headquarters and told us all about the very impressive ceremony with 12 masters and grand-masters holding an ignited lightsaber aloft. Master Yoda was the Jedi to tell him ‘Jedi-knight you are Nejaa Halcyon, destiny on Corellia it is.’

Jono began to laugh when Nejaa said that.

And Nejaa told us all about the little green master with the weird speech and ugly tasting stew. ‘As a youngling I had to visit him and taste that brew’ was what Nejaa said. ‘But now I am back in Coronet city and the first I will do is visit my friend Rostek Horn.’

Nejaa told me that Rostek – living with his parents in the same suburb of Coronet City as Nejaa’s parents – had become his friend after he had come home for the first time after being sent by the Corellian Jedi to Coruscant for his education. He was a 14 year old padawan at that time and with his master, also a Corellian Jedi.

‘Rostek is at the CorSec academy’ was what Major Semendiger said. ‘You will find him in the gym getting instructions from Okana.’

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful reminiscences from Nejaa and I'm sure he's looking forward to reconnecting with Rostek.

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    He was a 14 year old padawan at that time and with his master, also a Corellian Jedi.

I love Corellian jedi because they are less stiff & mostly no strict rule keepers. That means they know what fun is.