main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Team Welcome New Users~ [New Update: October 10th]

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jedi-Washington, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Hello everyone! As you might know, the Adoption program, and the Welcome New Users forum in general is being made better. This place has needed a little work, and so Morgaine and Stridarious have decided to make a separate forum that is for discussion of the re-making of the WNU forum. The people involved in this project are listed below. :D

Administrators:

Consultants:

These people will periodically update you on things, and you can also send them suggestions on things that you would like to change in the forum.

Mission Statement

Strid has supplied a nice little mission statement for us, so kudos to him; :D

"A group of regular JC users devoted to the discussion of the Welcome New Users forum and the threads posted therein; helping to make the forum better through whatever means necessary and making that difference, one step at a time."

What?s up with us?

Right now we are discussing a number of topics. Its almost too much to list. but i will. I hope that the markups work in here, they have been on the fritz lately...

The Adoption Thread

The list

We are currently discussing the Adoption thread. Almost everything about it. much of it has yet to be decided, but we have decided that we need to update the list somehow. to do that we must PM people or use Sticky threads to let people know what is happening. It is yep to be decided about what should happen. Some people stand on the side of "If they aren?t active in the Welcome New Users forum, then why should they be adopters. others feel we should send PMs out to all current adoptive pairs so they aren

2. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    Good evening from Denmark :)

Looking good

3. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    Im on netscape and the markups are looking funny, but they look fine on explorer though. it might just be my computer, but if your on netscape it might start messing up with markups now and then. :)

4. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Good Luck, Team WNU! :)

;)

5. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    Get me in on this shiznet (get it? net? like internet?). I'll be "uber-cool-d00d-who-will-make-you-cool-n00batronz"

_jOBO

6. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Alright, are there any comments to any of these topics posted? :confused:

I mean, this is the future of the WNU we're talking about, and even those of you whom adopt, these issues depend mostly on your input ;) .

So please add your own comments, lets get things goin'! 8-}

7. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

Eon-Wan-Mome_NT Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    Great Job Jedi-Washington!

Your mark-ups are fine, don't worry about them! :)

8. DarthTelemarketer

DarthTelemarketer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    Help me I'm new and want friends to talk to on here.

9. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Hi I love the idea. I think that everybody is going love the idea. Good work. Congratulations.

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Great work Jedi-Washington! :)

As I saw in your post history, you have already found some places to talk, DarthTelemarketer! :) But if you want another place, you should take a look at your FanForce. ;) :)

11. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Great job JW! Looking good! :D

I'm looking forward to working with you and the rest of our team... :)

Go Team! :D

Yes, like JW said, the team is available for people to contact. We'll take up your suggestions and comments and let you know what's happening-in this thread! :)

Again, Well done JW. :cool:

-Blaine

12. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, and BTW, Strid did the markups for the names and morgaines colors. so its "Stridinized" I came up with the initial idea and he just made it look prittier. but i did do the links, if anyone notaced. ;)

So thank you for your complements! :D

im not sure what increments we will do an update. once a month, or just when something interesting pops up. Ill keep you posted (you get it, posted? :p) hahaha, [face_plain]

13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I have asked for permission to post the next update, and was given the ability.

I'd have to say that since things move slowly my update will not be until apporximently three weeks from today ;) .

And yes, I "Stridalized" the update for Jedi-Washington yet he did alot of the main body colour coding and links. I just added the name link colours and a few other links where I thought needed. Thanks for your input thus far, I look for to serving you all! :)

14. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    now please, any one. this is the future of this forum we are talking about, lets not let it go away! im upping this.

15. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes please, allow me to start some type of discussion...

Adopters Requirements Increased?

16. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    mabey you should fill them in a little more. i know what you are talking about, but i dont think they do. :)

17. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh true. Perhaps it could help them, no? 8-}

Anyhow, this issue has been debated and is currently undergoing further voting methods.

It is discussed that perhaps a increase on month requirements may be in order to perfect the Oldbies signing up to adopt.

Your thoughts?

18. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
  19. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    PS is real good about explaning himself.

I would like to see the limits raised. as is we have too many adopters, and not enough noobs. This is not apples to apples. I think everyone that is on the list shoud stay, but anyone new should be here a cirtain amount of time before they teach new ones. you dont just let a student teacher teach the class, you teach them before they go out and teach the class.

20. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I know I am
    That is my 330 posts of explaining on those forums.

21. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I feel that we shouldn't, despite the fact that I am the Newbie Adoptions Co-ordinator, I strive for speed. See, if this was to be placed up, then I feel that our potential Adopters wouldn't want to wait that long to complete their requirements.

Now for many of you, you may be saying, "Quality over Quanity" And yes that is true, however, the amount of avaliable Newbies would then sky rocket as we wouldn't have the right amount of Adopters to call on those whom are featured thereon the ever growing list. Thus slow build-up and ultimate inner destruction! :(

22. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    What is this flirting?

and

CORUSCANT: you cant have a Oldbies icon. Your not an oldbie. [face_plain]

23. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    -Lord-Vader-: "What is this flirting?"

Well it had been discussed and defined upon as an act of innuendos which could lead often times to something more then needed hereon this forum ;) .

And as so, we (Team-WNU) decided that though flirting is not destructive it should be kept to a minimum, as to make sure that all posters both new and old feel comfortable posting in the WNU forum.

"you cant have a Oldbies icon. Your not an oldbie. [face_plain] "

Though it is a Oldbie icon, I feel that it is the users choice as to why he wears it.

24. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    And as so, we (Team-WNU) decided that though flirting is not destructive it should be kept to a minimum, as to make sure that all posters both new and old feel comfortable posting in the WNU forum.

Funny, I don't actually remember agreeing to that, exactly... but whatever.

25. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Daniel: "Funny, I don't actually remember agreeing to that, exactly... but whatever."

It was discussed before we actually posted the main update into this forum. The point was made by Katya_Jade.

And in fact listed above into the main post of this very thread. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.