main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teams you have a love-hate relationship with...

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Drac39, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Okay, so I'm trying to come up with my list for the Teams you Hate thread, and there are a few candidates that I have trouble putting on the list. I think to myself do I truly hate this team because I used to love them in the past? I'm sure everyone has a team that they love one day and hate the next, and then go back to loving. You know the teams that are detrimental to our health.

I think my list is topped with the Chicago Bears

I have experienced deep hate torwards them. They look like the laziest team in football. THe organization is run by incompetent idiots, and yet I still want to see them get that Super Bowl ring... eventually. I don't think they deserve one now unless they undergo a major revamp.

In the mean time I'll root against them

2. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Portland Trail Blazers. I live in Portland and ya kind of have to root for them, but their fans I feel are uneducated and boring.

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I've had a love-hate relationship with the Pittsburgh Pirates.

They were so poorly run for about a decade and a half. They'd start to have a half-decent team, and then trade everybody away to retool. Then they'd trade those guys away, too.

But now, things seem to be looking up. Neal Huntington appears to have a plan, which more than the last two GMs, it would appear.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    the bengals. i've liked them sense i first got into football, because it's where i was born and i always liked the unis. but the bungles were easily a team that could really sting a lot for a long time. like the pirates seems like things may be looking up a bit.

5. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    Echoed on the Bengals. Being from Kentucky leaves you few options for football fandom, and we've gone down with the Bungles for years.

There aren't many professional teams I dislike. Except the New York Yankees. I lived in Boston for a while and became a Red Sox fan, so hating the Yankees pretty much comes with territory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.