main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Tears of Scarlet

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by greyjedi125, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC:

SIGH....

I would LOVE to post..once someone can tell me where my character is exactally..since I have a bit of conflicting posts...

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nyoni
    Hidden room, Orphanage - Boston, US

Nyoni looked out from the small hidden room that she was currently in. Another Former orphan, Thutmos and two other men were there as well. Kassim, and Cavan. Nyoni was watching the younger kinds through a 2-way mirror. Herself being an former orphanage attendees, Nyoni did not know what was going on. She only knew that she had been contacted, asking if she would help out by their Former Orphanage. The people had been nice, so she had agreed. As she watched the other kids, Kassim started to speak.

"It feels quite surreal, this moment." Kassim noted in conversation with both Nyoni and Thutmos as they waited. "A funny little story comes to mind..." Kassim said to his two compatriots, before begining his tale.

After Kassim had finished her tale, Nyoni could only look at him. She didnt find the story, 'funny' at all. But then again, after living your life in an orphanage tends to do things to you, that others have no idea about. Nyoni only shook her head, and sighed softly. Kassim continued. "But that was many months ago. And now we are here. Recruiting others. I can't help but smile to myself. Cavan is finally doing it, and perhaps now, the world can stand a chance."

A chance? a chance for what? What recruiting? And why was SHE there then? Before she could ask, Kassim spoke again. "Please excuse me, I think it's about to begin." Kassim smoothly raised his hand to signal the end of the casual conversation he was having with both Nyoni and Thutmos.

Nyoni looked back into the room. In the next room, Cavan Elyse had walked in, and was now speaking to the other.

?Hello everyone,? Cavan's calm voice was heard clearly within the observation room. ?If you?re wondering, I?ll let you know right now that I?m the one who got your Orphanages to send you all here and so I?m the one you?re to meet.? Nyoni began to listen intently now. ?My name is Cavan Elyse and I?m most curious about all of you and pleased to meet you. Would you all care to introduce yourselves?? Kassim took in a breath. Released it, then folded his arms over his chest. Nyoni looked over at him, and then focused back on the conversation in the room.

They seemed to be evaluating them. Evaluating them for what? Curious now, Nyoni listed to the other students. The first kid spoke up.

"The name is Mugen." . Rubbing a hand through his mohawk and grinning wildly, he did the only thing that felt right and gave everyone a thumbs up. "I hail from Mars."

Tandie closed his eyes for a second to clear his thoughts before steadying his cool gaze on Cavan. ?Tandie. From the Lunar Colony. Why am I here?? They continued. A young girl was next.

"I'm Juno," she announced, when it came to her turn, "from Kusanagi originally, but I grew up in the States." She crossed her arms and added, echoing Tandie's question, "Why are we all here?"

?My name is Willow?

Nyoni grinned. Most, like herself, seemed to want to know the answer to the same question. Why were they all there. She waited to see what would happen next.

TAG: Elu, Grey, Orphanage gang

3. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    IC: Thutmos Aken?Set?Rasheph

Thutmos said nothing as he took in the infromation from the people around him. He only comented on their talking, but other than that, he kept to himself.

"My name is Cavan Elyse and I?m most curious about all of you and pleased to meet you. Would you all care to introduce yourselves??

He looked at the man. "Thutmos..I hail from Egypt."

TAG: any

4. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Um...Amndrag, your character is in the room behind the mirror with Kassim and Nyoni. You're watching that scene and not actually in the conversation. :p

5. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Name: Elealah [Elyse]
    Date: March 12, 2810

Elealah grumbled softly. She was cold. It was cold in Boston. In fact, everywhere was cold when you lived in the desert. And, Boston was a part of everywhere. She had been forced into a jacket, jeans and closed-toe shoes to combat the frigid spring air. Her indignation grew, when she was forced into a room with a bunch of strangers. And, to make matters worse, a casually-dressed male with swords had just joined them.

He obviously was not another orphan, for he looked to be around thirty. So, Elealah assumed that he must be the adoptee of the dozen confused youths. He introduced himself as Cavan Elyse and continued to explain that he had, in fact, asked for these twelve to be shipped to America, and specifically, Massachusetts.

Elealah sat with her mouth slightly ajar. This man was? for lack of a better description, the weirdest human specimen Elealah had ever encountered. He was reserved and proud; not lacking an air of nobility. She was astonished by his presence and, thus, hardly able to answer the question.

?I am?; rather, my name is Elealah.?

Tag: Congregation

6. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: Genevieve L?abbeye Elyse
    LOCATION: a large room in one of Cavan Elyse?s residences, Boston, Mass., United States, March 12, 2810

The young man turned his attentions to Senor Elyse, whose singular appearance would excite interest even in a room of his apparent warrior-ilk! What an alarming array of sharp things he had clasped to his lithe and obviously powerful frame!

Genevieve had not felt at ease since this journey began several weeks prior to this day.

She looked about the room once again and thought to herself, I am not like these people, not that I am superior, but my circumstances, my outlook, I am different?

In the few bits of conversation overheard and in meeting the attractive young man who stood next her, Genevieve understood that many if not all were ?unattached? and just now Senor Tandie had indicated he himself was here without particular knowledge of the reason and was himself an orphan. The discourse between herself and the attractive young man with the piercing aqua eyes had been curt, if truth be known. He was not given, so it seemed to small talk and was rather blunt about his skeptical outlook concerning this meeting.

?Con permiso, Senor? Tandie,? said Genevieve getting the name right, ?I?ve no idea either. These people are as different from one another as we are and frankly, really, I am an artist. I don?t know for what purpose I?m here ?? She had regarded her companion with an eye for acute detail that came of her practice as an artist. This Tandie seemed to have an edge to him, a drive that was born deeply in him. He didn?t let her in one iota, that edge between them as they had their all too brief discussion.

?Hum,? she muttered to herself at his curt reply before herself being distracted by the entrance of this mysterious patron.

Gradually, in accord with Senor Elyse?s suggestion, the young people began to introduce themselves, most with understandable brevity and questions, and many rather prickly in their posture, like a challenge; a sentiment half-veiled that contrary to their intents demonstrated their apprehension, thought Genevieve as she chewed her bottom lip.

There was a silence that made her realize she must take her turn and speak. With a quick shallow smile to Tandie, she stepped forward and head bowed slightly regarded the others and then addressed Elyse clearing her throat, ? Mi nombre?. Me llam?I am Genevieve and I ? I am not an orphan. I had a patron,? she said with rather a little more emotion than she wished as she thought of Hector Carreras and how he must be heavy into his ?cups? today. Surely, he castigated himself for letting her go. So maybe Hector liked the old dreams rum conjured up too much? ?but Senor Elyse thinks differently. I?m sure he has his reasons?? she looked to him with deference and continued in her quiet toned accent, ? and I would be happy to hear from you, Don Elyse, why you have seen fit to bring me here. It would seem I am perhaps ? out of place,? she suggested and demurred looking at the hard glances of some.

She raised her brows and smiled again, rubbing her hands on the vividly colored folk skirt she word over her thigh high red suede boots. She stepped back in the quiet that ensued feeling just a little underdressed in her short black wool blazer and pink halter, the large braided belt over her hips feeling heavy all of the sudden. This was a tough crowd!

?Um? gracias?. I mean thank you? when you have the chance? of course,? she added nodding to Don Elyse.

TAG: open

7. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: It is true, Amndrag, your character is currently in the Observation Room with Nyoni & Kassim just watching. :) And Zandoran_Celix has decided to sadly withdraw from the RPG, so you all know.

Cavan Elyse IC:
    Location ~Assembled Orphanage, Boston, United States

?The name is Mugen. I hail from Mars.?

Confident, but self-aware. Cavan duly noticed.

?Tandie. From the Lunar Colony. Why am I here?"

?I?m Juno from Kusanagi originally, but I grew up in the States. Why are we all here??

Tandie. Answered, but distracted. By the way his eyes quickly took him in, he was intensely focused on the swords. Mentally noted.

Juno. Eyes flicking all over initially, her mind like Tandie?s was in overdrive, but on a different path. What exact form it took, he did not know, but it showed her absorption of the situation and brimming intelligence. She echoed Tandie?s question, both straight to the point. Sounded like them. A little defiance hidden underneath.

He held up a finger, ?One moment.? Cavan looked to the others for them to finish their own introductions first.

?My name is Willow?

From the conversation with Juno a few moments previous, it would seem Willow was a tad bit irritable and with the now sudden confusion, he didn?t blame her. He smiled and nodded with an unsaid ?thank you? for her intro to hopefully make her more comfortable.

?I am...rather, my name is Elealah.?

She seemed taken aback and the most astonished of the lot. Either with who he was, she might recognize, or from his mere appearance, which he would understand.

And then there was Genevieve.

?Mi nombre?. Me llam?I am Genevieve and I ? I am not an orphan. I had a patron, but Senor Elyse thinks differently. I?m sure he has his reasons??

Emotion. Hm. So Genevieve was indeed living with another man instead of the local orphanage, though they had been in some form of contact. He never actually adopted her, but took care of her. And she did truly care for him, it was as evident as the sun is bright. This may prove a bit troublesome and he didn?t want to tear apart anything good. He would have to move carefully.

?And I would be happy to hear from you, Don Elyse, why you have seen fit to bring me here. It would seem I am perhaps ? out of place, Um? gracias?. I mean thank you? when you have the chance? of course,?

Careful indeed.

Cavan paused a moment to gather his wits, overlooking them all calmly; he ended up nodding toward Genevieve first, ?It is all right, you may speak in whichever tongue you wish...I have a considerable knowledge in linguistics. But I will answer your questions now, you have waited long enough I think. I can see it has...strained some of you. For that, I do apologize.?

Cavan?s eyes seemed to bore into them, albeit gently, and made to open his mouth but closed it as if rethinking. In truth, he had just been interrupted.

~~Cavan. You must proceed with your words carefully, we do not wish to cause affront to any of them. Especially young Genevieve.~~

I understand that, Aleron. Thank you for the concern.

~~I like the look Juno has in her eyes. But it will have to be tamed. And I?d watch out for Tandie, but his heart seems to be good.~~

Duly noted, thank you again, Ginjiro-Ryu.

?For the same reason as any visit would go. I came here to see you, for children. But I had to assemble you first, as you know, you all came from different parts of the world. It would have been difficult to travel so far constantly. And I chose you.

?Why? Because I liked what I heard and saw. Personally, I feel I can form a connection with you.? Corny sounding? Perhaps, but he was an ?adult? he did that...even if he didn?t totally look like he was. This was tentative ground he was on, so he would have to be careful.

?I am willing to give you all a home, because I care. I love what I see about you, the thing is...would you be willing to accept it if I did indeed offer it? There is more, yes, but first things

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nyoni
    Hidden room, Orphanage - Boston, US

Nyoni watched as the one called Cavan began to talk to the others. They listened to the introductions, and then Cavan spoke.

Cavan paused a moment to gather his wits, overlooking them all calmly; he ended up nodding toward Genevieve first, "It is all right, you may speak in whichever tongue you wish...I have a considerable knowledge in linguistics. But I will answer your questions now, you have waited long enough I think. I can see it has...strained some of you. For that, I do apologize."

Cavan gave a long pause, and then continued. "I am willing to give you all a home, because I care. I love what I see about you, the thing is...would you be willing to accept it if I did indeed offer it? There is more, yes, but first things first."

Nyoni made a face, as she watched from her hidden locale. Why the heck did they need her? Certainly, the Orphanage could have handled this on their own. And why is this guy trying to adopt kids, some of whom were ready to leave and be on their own? And such a large group all at once? No, this did not add up. Nyoni could almost hear what the others way say to such a proposal.

She shook her head, frowning, as she waited to hear how the others would respond.

TAG:AMNDRAG_01, Grey, GM

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Juno Xing

Orphanage, Boston

Juno's eyes narrowed. Cavan, in her opinion, had managed to string together a lot of words that said exactly nothing. Sure: it was nice to know he hadn't picked them at random, but what exactly did he see in them? And for what purpose? Nobody adopted half a dozen orphans out of the goodness of their hearts.

A possible answer popped into mind instantly, and without thinking Juno asked, "Does that have anything to do with those swords?"

TAG: Elu, orphanage gang

Quickie post cause I'll be away for a couple days.

10. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Mugen
    -Boston, US

The traveling distances part made sense, though Mugen didn't like being treated like property. Hell, who cares! He thought as he began to look at Cavan's swords. They were epic and awesome, he definitely would have to get a hold on them at some time in the future, especially sense he wasn't going to deny such a tremendous offer to be out of the orphanage. The guy was young, and this was a bit strange, but Mugen could take it if things got rough. Mugen thought that most of the kids here could too.

"No objections from me at all, Mr. C. I accept your proposal and you don't have to explain a damn thing. Anything's better than being back in that prison. But, where's the food? You can't have kids without food, that's a terrible mistake, but I'll let you slide, being a single parent and all."

Smiling, joking, the young man gave a thumbs up to Mr. C before walking up to Genevieve. She was pretty, not to mention the accent was an instant plus. It was probably because he was actually attracted to Genevieve or it could have been that staring was not polite, yet all the kids were doing it and it made Mugen feel uncomfortable to stare someone down. Especially Mr. C. The guy gave off a sense of power and all knowing...ness? Mugen didn't know what it was, but Mr. C could definitely put on the strangeness.

Tag: All

11. KraytDragon90

KraytDragon90 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    IC: Tandie

Tandie narrowed his eyes as Cavan spoke. He liked what he heard? That's good...sort of. Tandie never liked having people talk about him when he was not around....mostly because he didn't want people making him look better than he actually was. People who expected too much of him were harder to please and thus, it was harder to stay in their good graces. ?I am willing to give you all a home, because I care. I love what I see about you, the thing is...would you be willing to accept it if I did indeed offer it? There is more, yes, but first things first.? An obvious reason for assembling orphans of course...but a dozen children at once was still madness. Tandie wasn't sure he wanted to be adopted by someone so obviously insane...but on the other hand, he would get more freedom. And if he didn't like it...well it wasn't long until the government considered him an adult. It shouldn't be too bad though, the man had swords. And he came to the 'interview' dressed in casual clothes, so he probably wasn't big on formalities...to chaos with it. What did he have to lose? "I'm in."

TAG:all

12. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Name: Elealah [Elyse]
    Date: March 12, 2810

Elealah remained speechless, through Cavan?s speech. His power was evident, but his words were hollow. He offered, respectfully, nothing to get excited over. Sure, he was providing an escape from orphanhood, but at what cost? Elealah didn?t know anything about this sword-clad individual, other than what she could deduce from his appearance.

Elealah let three of the other kids speak, and then, when they had quieted, she announced her reluctance and her refusal. ?Look, Cavan, you put on a good show and your offer is tempting, but I can go on my own, in nine months and eighteen days. So, unfortunately, I?m going to have to turn you down.?

Tag: Elu

13. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: Genevieve

Mugen approached her, an easy going demeanor and seemed happy to cast his lot with Cavan. Genevieve smiled at the young man and acknowledged him with her brown eyes, but did not move.

So easily given, she wondered. Perhaps life elsewhere for Mugen was not so good and then there was Tandie with whom she?d spoken briefly earlier and he was willing, but the young woman who?s name was Elealah, she was reserved and singularly unimpressed, declining. Miss Xing seemed curious enough to at least ask more questions. But what of herself?

Genevieve had only come because Hector himself had insisted and Hector Carreras could be a bear when he wanted. He?d said something about having made a promise to her father and ?damn that promise.? I don?t understand it myself, Genevieve. The man was near death and you know, I told him ?yes? to ease his heart, mi corozon,? muttered Hector tearfully. ?What did I know it would come to be? I thought he was hallucinating, you know. I don?t know how, why, but he was adamant, said you must go.?

?But how do you know Hector. What if this is some opportunist,? she?d said incredulously. ?You realize this just sounds like crazyness,? she?d continued exasperated and picking up the empty bottles that rolled underfoot. ?I?ve been at the studio for one afternoon and look what you?ve done to yourself. Who will take care of you? Hector, be serious for once in your life!?

She threw the bottles into a box with a crash. ?You haven?t eaten and this place stinks of alcohol. Why do you do this,? Genevieve fussed sadly shaking her head.

The truth was, it was she who?d taken care of him once she was old enough to go down from their 3rd floor apartment on her own to the corner cantina where Hector painted and mostly drank and amused the tourists and local denizens with his wit and considerable charm.

He?d been a well known and much touted talent before some tragedy no one would talk about, and it was a string of well meaning, put upon, and doting girlfriends that helped raise Genevieve when she was smaller. Instead of chasing the would be love interests away, Genevieve?s winning child?s ways garnered him all the attention he missed and he took her everywhere, eventually though, learning to love the little girl as his own even if he didn?t exactly possess the wherewithal to care for her! It wasn?t long before she showed her own talent as a painter and Hector encouraged and taught her everything he knew.

A bag sat at the door waiting for her. Hector had packed it.

?Listen, Genie, you go, you know how to scrap for yourself. If you see anything that makes you suspicious, they want you to do anything makes you uncomfortable, you have this phone. You leave. Just go and see for yourself. I?m not invited little one. You must see for yourself and if it is garbage, and I pray it is, come home. You?ve got a ticket there, you can always come home! But this man, he can give you a life I cannot - that much I know.?

?you can always come home?

There was an awkward silence.

Genevieve cleared her throat and folded her arms under her breasts. ?I don?t know. I don?t have enough information to make any kind of decision, Senor and you are giving us that decision, no? You seem nice enough, maybe the wardrobe is a bit... off-putting. But con permiso, Earth and her settlements are full of orphans. Why us, you just want company or dinner? asked Genevieve looking about the room with a nervous smile. ?Why the machetes? I mean, it does look like you are ready to make orphan stew,? she offered comically. "Not just meet our acquaintances. What is it you see that you like? I mean, you wanted one in each color? Seriously... and why did my "Uncle" Hector think he had to send me," she ended earnestly.

TAG: all

14. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Up!

15. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Lady, we were just waiting for everyone to post. For right now, this is going to be one of the slower RPGs because of the player base. Wait, have you even posted Ms. UP!?:p

-B-

16. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Just making sure it doesn't get too far down the page and forgotten. :p And yes, I have. The way my characters are related to the story, I actually have to space my posts out due to a lack of a real story line until they meet up with everyone. I'm at least waiting until the next day via game time to post.

This is my last OOC talk, I swear! :p

17. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Kassim

Assembled Orphanage, Boston, United States: March 12, 2810. Secret Observation Room.

How curious it was; Kassim almost looked like a statue as he stood there, watching, taking it all in, every detail of the meeting. Cavan had entered the room and a ripple of unseen energy seemed to galvanize the gathered youth. They all seemed to react differently to the man, but they shared almost the same reaction once they laid their eyes on 'them'. Cavan was carrying all four of his swords on him, and Kassim almost chuckled as they nearly became the focal point of interest among the gathered youth, almost to the exclusion of the man himself. But not quite.

A small smile of self-amusement crossed Kassim's face briefly. In comparison to Cavan, his single sword would certainly cause no stir once he was introduced. Well, maybe not until the true length and size of his No-dachi Katana became apparent.

Inside the meeting room, Cavan presented himself succinctly. Introductions were swift and questions soon followed. One of the gathered youth was already turning down an offer that had not been yet presented. Kassim nodded to himself. This was good, in so far that is was best to weed out such vacillation now than later on, however, Cavan possessed an uncanny sense of intuition that Kassim still could not fathom. The only surviving Elyse had a gift for turning situations around and could probably turn the youth's opinion to his favour.

Be that as it may, Kassim could not help but wonder if any of the youth present truly possessed what it was required of them to join their cause. True, he could clearly see glimpses of strength here and there. In Nyoni, Thutmos, Mugen, Juno and the others, for it was no easy task being an orphan in this age. Undoubtedly, it made you tougher than most of your peers. But these kids were anxious to free themselves of 'institutions', which was something he could well understand. Joining another institution was probably the farthest thing in their minds.

But joining with Cavan was far from an ordinary endeavor.

A flash of memory invaded Kassim's thoughts for a moment as someone mentioned 'Kusanagi'. An involuntary frown creased his brow as the memory unfolded itself in his mind.

His mission upon one of the remote islands was a simple one. He was to recon a secluded location for a hidden factory. According to certain uncomfirmed security reports, there was an illegal cloning facility supplying low-grade parts to the black market on the remote island. Global security had no access to the island, so they called on 'The Family' to investigate. All he had to do was find the place and confirm its existence. Simple enough.

Intel on this one was not the greatest however, so going about undetected was a bit challenging. After several hours on the island, Kassim finally found himself on the right trail, or so he believed, when (of course) something unexpected happened. A shadowy figure appeared near the path he followed.

Even though it was covered by a large cloak and a wide brimmed hat, Kassim felt there was something strange about this being. However, its posture spoke volumes.

Come no further.

Silently, they both stood before each other. Gazing, measuring, sizing-up each other as it were. Kassim took a step forward and the figure widened its stance, hands slowly moving away from the body. Kassim responded by lowering his own stance, but as his hand slowly began to move towards his sword hilt, something triggered.

Within the shrouded head of the figure before him, reddish orbs appeared where eyes should have been, and then, there was a whooshing sound and a flurry of movement. In an instant, there was the sound of clashing metal, followed by a shower of sparks. Kassim felt himself sliding backwards and lowered his stance even further to stop himself from slipping on the grass. It took him a second to realize that he'd instinctively blocked an attack from the shadowy figure. Furthermore, the slight buzz in his head confirmed a 'presence' and the

18. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Greetings everyone. It falls to me to inform you that after much consideration, we've decided that it would be best to close this game. I thank you all for taking your time to participate in this venture and I apologize to you for not being able to get it off the ground. Perhaps we shall revisit it at a later date.

Thanks again everyone for sharing your precious time, and happy gaming.

Your Friendly Neighborhood GM,

grey

P.S. please direct any comments to my PM box. Thank you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.