main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Technology in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by chris hayes, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Technology should evolve into the next trilogy, that's for sure.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Found these online somewhere.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. davvi36

davvi36 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    that just looks like a really weird angle.

i think (and hope) the technology will evolve more than just a slant of the wings.

i made this a while ago as a "new" star destroyer silhouette (ok, i didn't change that much either)

[​IMG]

maybe though we will actually see a completely new style, such as episode 1 introduced new sleek ships

4. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    As long as it's:

Big ships. Big explosions. Lots of people dying. Planets getting wasted. Little ships zipping around big ships. Everyone and their turtle has a ship (teenage Luke had a damn Skyhopper). Smugglers with their shady looking ships. Cool bounty hunters with their mean looking ships.

You know, like Star Wars.

5. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Here's one that will blow you mind: An Energy Device that can allow a small ship travel back in time.

Say Han solo did leave in the Falcon after he loaded up his reward prior to the Battle at the end of Episode IV only to find out later that Luke was killed by Darth Vader and that the Rebellion was completely vanquished with a final blow from the Death Star. Consequently, the universe went to crap afterward affecting everyone including Han.

Now in Episode VII, Han with this new device is able to return to that ill-fated battle and reverse the outcome by intrupting the Tie fighter and Vader to allow Luke to make his miracle shot we know all to well.

:eek:

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Am I experiencing deja vu or did somebody post this exact scenario sometime yesterday...?

WatTamborWoo and my kind of scum like this.
  7. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Please don't destroy me!

[face_nail_biting]

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's a neat concept. Just don't accidentally turn into a spamvertiser for it. :p

9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Watch out! He's on to you like flies on stuff that is brown and stinks.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  10. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    But I hate Spam! It taste awful!

[face_sick]

11. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Bantha Poo-Doo. Its Bantha Poo-doo right?

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, we don't like spam, either. Hence the request to not post the same concept in multiple threads... in cut & paste no less. You're too pleasant a member to randomly start acting like a bot.

Back on topic, you lovely people.

13. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    I'd like to have a ship that feels like home again across the three films, whether it be the Falcon or new vessel. One of the things about the prequels which disappointed me was that no ship ever became "home" to our heroes. Instead, they were virtually used as taxis and no vessel appeared in all three films. In fact, we didn't even learn the names of any of the heroes' ships on screen. Let's have a vessel with a real personality that is a character in its own right again.

14. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Some have argued though that would be a total copying of the originals. Especially when one considers that more time was spent on ground than in actual space.

15. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Please no time travel! I really like sci fi time travel. I just saw Looper thinking it would suck and it wasn't that bad. Planet of the Apes is amazing. But I think it doesn't work for Star Wars

One thing I love about Star Wars is how it downlplays the technology and scientific aspect. Sure, there are space battles and death stars with enough power to destroy an entire planet but these things never really become more complicated than your average dog fight, it just represents the good vs evil aspect in the coolest way possible. Everything is accepted because it is a retro futuristic version or existing things. Lightsabers are swords, vessels are spaceships, gunpowder is ion or proton firepower, aliens are foreigners and milk is blue milk.

In the end, science and technology is just over the top context because the movies are about freewill and good vs evil. To incorporate such a complex element as time travel, it would change the tone of the movie, and eventually the whole saga.

dekaneas, Immortiss and Sarge like this.
  16. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Whatever the new ships look like, all that I can wonder is... Will we see mynocks chewing on the power cables? ;)

The Hellhammer and Sarge like this.
  17. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012

On principal, I disagree with all time travel in Star Wars. Not only does it completely destroy the tension in the film (why can't Luke just go back in time and save Ben?), but it also creates a number of canon issues, including:
    • Paradoxes: If Han used the device as you describe it, Luke would have not died in combat in Episode IV. Thus, Han never heard Luke died, and never goes back to save Luke.
    • Alternate Realities/Timelines: Many canons explain the above as creating an 'alternate timeline'. This opens up an entire new realm of confusion to the canon, as we would have multiples of the same character running around. Comic companies have fallen into this trap before, and it's destroyed their canon.
    • What Ifs: As I stated before, the introduction of a time travel device will open up an entire new realm of canon nitpicks, as people will question the usage of the time machine and wonder why they didn't just go back and kill baby Palpatine or stab young Ani in the face.
    I really don't want this to happen. One universe, no time machines please.

Sarge likes this.
  18. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    But

But we already have multiple dimensions at play. The Actualy Universe and The Force where Yoda, Ben and Qui-Gon excist. Yes If what I layed out would happen, Han would then return to a different time line. Where things would probably be different where Luke may or may not even be Alive. Who knows, maybe Han saves Luke back in Episode VI then upon his return he is arrested for time travelling by Luke himself who has now become Evil and is in charge of the Empire. Very Interesting don't you think?

19. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Do you think there will be a law, outlawing Battle Stations in the ST?

20. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I wonder if J.J. is going to pull an "Ewok Invasion" type of thing with primitive technologies? Sticks, Stones, Mud and Vines?

21. Jedi Zaven'than

Jedi Zaven'than Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 12, 2013
    I don't think the technology will change that much, maybe a fusion of PT design and OT design to symbolize the return to the Republic? I mean, when you look at SWTOR, technology hasn't changed much in the 3,000 + years since then, I don't think it's going to change that much in 20-30 years.

22. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I'm thinking that we will see a load of new technology, and different colored lightsabers.

23. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
  24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Let's resurrect this.

How about some more conventional tank vehicles? Tough, fast moving, mobile, adaptible with a nice dose of air support. Yes, what I essentially want to see is an Imperial blitzkrieg.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sarge likes this.
  25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Yeah, I remember that one. To me it always looked like the toy makers designed a small ship based on an AT-AT head or AT-ST head. (In my childhood games it would sometimes be the escape pod from an AT-AT) ;)

But the toy from the same range that I enjoyed more was CAP-2. Remember that one? A ship like that, that can climb walls (the toy had sucker feet), has clawed arms and has a person trap at the back, could be pretty cool if they were to introduce it to canon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.