main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by HL&S , Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    my brother one year dressed up as one of the turtles for halloween. i forget which one. i was superman that year:p

2. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I only had the sleeping bag. :D

3. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003

I have that one. Yay for me!

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Krang's body kicked ass. First they released him as a toy in that small chicken walker thingy. He didn't look very intimidating. But when they gave him the body, man was he the ultimate toy to play with. Well that is until Super Shredder came out. ;)

5. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I used to be the number one fan of Ninja Turtles! Excellent show.

When I got an NES off ebay 2 or 3 years ago, Turtles II and III were among the first games I re-bought.

Turtles in Time might be one of my favorites though. I can remember playing that more. I need to get a new SNES.

6. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    There were actually three versions of Krang i believe.
    One of jsut him (the brain) in that chicken walker thing.
    One of Krang, as a normal size figure in the android body (as seen in the link up in the thread above)
    and the other one, is a large 20 inch or so, Kran in android body, but really tall (i think that is the picture back i have qouted, see how it is a large box, not a usual figure back?)

If you remeber krangs android body at first could change sizes and stuff. Eventually they released the giant krangs android body, it was/ is incredible.

i have a huge collection of these figures, but they are all at my parents house, somewhere in teh basement, i should really take soem pics for you guys here...I had like 70 figures and vehicles, the technidrome, the van, the transport module, the Blimp, Neutrino car...
    it was a phenomenal line!!

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    reading this thread made me think of pizza for some reason

8. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    hold the anchovies

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    If the third film was the one where they went back in time to Ancient Japan, that was the one where, for me, the series came into it's own - wall to wall swordplay and martial arts, not some bloke on rollerskates with a hockey stick, then sitting around in a sewer.

I used to teach judo to children and adults, and I met one of my adult students one Saturday with his four-year old boy.
    He introduced me as "This is my sensei. Like Splinter in the Ninja Turtles.."

Though I must have been 30 by then, it felt pretty good being compared favourably with the character!

Censorship laws in Britain prevent any cinema/television broadcast of the use of Nunchaku weapons, so normally we don't see Bruce Lee or the turtle concerned fighting with them, and if they ever appeared in the cartoon, would have been edited out.
    However, I have a music video that was done for one of the film themes, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and 'Ya Kid K'". That featured the nunchaku wielding in it's brilliant entirety!

10. Fettist

Fettist Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    dude its on right now and I cant sleep...:oops:

11. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

That isn't the case anymore.

12. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    Those turtles are the personification of the '80's... That's radical dude.
    I remember watching repeats of the original series when I was a kid because my cousins loved it so much, they had heaps of merchandise.
    The new series is really good too, I love how they occasionally make references to the old series like when Michaelangelo said "cowabunga dude!" then every one goes silent & stares at him & his says "what?"

13. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    I wish they'd play the cartoons again on tv. I often times watch X-Men, Spider-Man, and the Tick on one of the Fox channels late at night and frankly wouldn't mind seeing TMNT again to pass the time away. Though I'd prefer the episodes with Shredder and Krang and not the later ones with Titanus.

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i wish they had the show on dvd. i would definately get it.

15. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    [face_thinking]

They do...They're up to Volume 3!

I have 1 & 3 at the moment, lookin' for 2.

16. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Oh yes. I was too young for this. Only getting in near the end of the series. Leonardo was my favorite since I love teh blue. Then there's April. =P~

17. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    damn. lol. shows how up to date i am on these things!:p

18. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    I don't think the volumes they have out right now are the complete seasons though. I think they've left out episodes for some reason.

19. one_armed_scissor_14

one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    I pretty much just really love the movies, but boy do I freaking love the first one. I was thinking about buying it at Wal-Mart ($4.99) but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

20. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    I wanted to alert everyone here that the teaser trailer for the cgi animated TMNT feature film is up here. Check it out.

21. Walken

Walken Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2004
    That trailer was fabulous.

22. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    That was actually a great teaser, looked very good and interesting. I'm already looking forward to it...

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  24. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    That was very cool. Like that it was a bit more comic-ish a bit less cartoon-ish.

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    can someone post a direct link so i could save it to my computer? preferably the medium size one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.